Money Money 2020 Part II: We Told Ya So! - Out Friday

A Worry Rock

11 hours ago, The Grohl said:

Yeah, that's what I was thinking too. Listening to the lyrics it definitely sounds like it comes from a real life incident. 

I was also thinking it must be based on a true story, probably from the 90's? 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Slave To The Network said:

For anyone wondering about story behind Popper Punk like I was, here is a brief history for my fellow non-drug users:

In the 60's amyl nitrite, classically mispronounced by Billie Fink as amyl nitrATE, was primarily used as a vasodilator to treat heart conditions. However, it quickly became a recreational drug (as many prescription drugs are today). It came in tiny bottles that were cracked or "popped" and the vapor inside would be inhaled to create a brief high. Poppers, as they became known in the community, were often used in conjunction with other drugs such as cocaine to lessen the unpleasant effects of a "comedown". It was also used to enhance sex because it relaxes involuntary smooth muscle (like the asshole). Today it is still used recreationally and is legal in many countries such as Australia. Medically, it is used to treat cyanide poisoning and lower blood pressure.

Thanks for coming to my TED Talk.

And there’s your coke connection. Why do I get the feeling all this shit comes from experience? This band. Thirty years and I’m still discovering new drugs 🙄

9 minutes ago, Tubbie Head said:

I was also thinking it must be based on a true story, probably from the 90's? 

Turns out no, at least from someone who was there at the time.  Everyone who lived in the 1640 warehouse paid rent to a slumlord who owned it.  No squatters. They were all there renting a total of five bedrooms until one day the landlord just up and evicted everyone.

• Like 4

An alternative Popper definition.   Originally in German, no less.

https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Popper_(Jugendkultur)

They do not have their own music genre, but listen to the pop hits of the time, songs with synthesizers.   

:)

Now I'm going down the wikipedia rabbit hole of subcultures. 

Green Day should be a subculture all it's own, right?  

Possibly even The Network?    

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Yojimbo said:

Can't believe The Network promised the greatest album of 2020 and actually delivered. 😊

All this reminded me was that Tony was a Dookie fan lol.

https://consequenceofsound.net/2020/08/james-gandolfini-green-day-dookie/

Wow I never heard this. The Sopranos is my favourite tv drama ever and this makes my day.

• Like 3

I am in the Carolina's and have a Twitter.  

I am thinking of what my Ultimate Tweet about Netflix could be so that it gets Finks attention. 

Netflix and Chill with the Network?

Netflix bad , Network good?  

Obviously I need some help on making it Ultimate.   

Also, some one should politely let the guys know about that acronym certain people are using with this tune.  I know they would not approve.  

• Haha 2

Hi everyone:

Few days ago, I wrote to The Network store support about if will be more versions of part II vinyl or a reissue or the first part. Their answer, basically, is that they haven't plans to release any of these things, but they add all it to the suggestion box 😂 (you can see it on the screenshots below) 

But for all people that are interested in any of these things, maybe we can change their mind if they received more messages to consider it. What do you think?

Screenshot-20201206-170509.jpgScreenshot-20201206-170520.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, JoooSeee_ECDL said:

Hi everyone:

Few days ago, I wrote to The Network store support about if will be more versions of part II vinyl or a reissue or the first part. Their answer, basically, is that they haven't plans to release any of these things, but they add all it to the suggestion box 😂 (you can see it on the screenshots below) 

But for all people that are interested in any of these things, maybe we can change their mind if they received more messages to consider it. What do you think?

Screenshot-20201206-170509.jpgScreenshot-20201206-170520.jpg

Whomever decided to not repress the OG and not press any variants of Part II should be fired. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Laly said:

Hopefully I won't think about that when I listen to the song. It says "theory" but it still sounds awful.

It's absolutely just a theory. I have a number of friends that currently/used to work at Comet Ping Pong in DC, which is the pizza shop sadly at the center of all this. It's just a pizza joint that does all ages punk shows sometimes- real cool place and nice people

but a number of the staff members there now have PTSD from a dude coming in the shop with a gun with the intention of "saving the children in the basement"... the building has no basement

also, I saw someone posting a few pages back wondering about the guitars they use and I found billie's fink's

https://www.rorguitars.com/blogs/news/roland-g-707-an-overview

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

What if Green Day's next album had this same artwork, but with their faces instead of the Network?

I was going to say the same, but with Pukey, but nah. 

Just Green Day.

Or

Green Day wearing the Network masks.   Lol. 

• Haha 2

59 minutes ago, That Dude said:

What if Green Day's next album had this same artwork, but with their faces instead of the Network?

I was going to say the same, but with Pukey, but nah. 

Just Green Day.

Or

Green Day wearing the Network masks.   Lol. 

I can’t visualise that ......

• Like 1

im hoping they surprise us with something badass for record store day in april... something that will pair nicely with the records shipping out around that time.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, dallasthemenace said:

im hoping they surprise us with something badass for record store day in april... something that will pair nicely with the records shipping out around that time.

That would actually be an awesome RSD release. It makes so much sense.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Beerjeezus said:

GG Allin was cool but now he’s not even alive :(

I think the world had a good enough dose of him anyways though lmao 

6 hours ago, cav9mm said:

Any “mainstream” album reviews in yet ?

I'm curious to see if non green day fans like this album .

I don't think it will be the case. It is a little out there in regards to the sound. They did get some decent coverage but it's being treated more as an outlet for them to have fun than it is as a legitimate album. 

However, Tinnitist went ahead and called it their album of the week. 

• Like 1

For the first time ever, I prefer a album on shuffle.  

The tracklist just isn't structured properely in my opinion.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

[Verse 1]
Throw away the key
Nineteen eighty three
It's a big chill of anatomy
It's a rebel yell
In a bombshell
It's the answer
Is it cancer?

[Chorus]
Open up to, open up two thousand

[Verse 2]
It's atomic, Reaganomic
A tornado in a coffin
"Just say no" to the USSR
Is it HIV, is it you and me

[Chorus]
Open up to, open up to

[Verse 3]
Max Headroom in the bedroom
Cabbage Patch Kids in a DeLorean
Elvis Presley on the CD
Hitler's diary, the king of comedy

This is what I heard when I tried figuring out the lyrics. IDK what a tornado in a coffin is, but that's the only thing I can hear from that lol

• Love 1