Money Money 2020 Part II: We Told Ya So! - Out Friday

A Worry Rock

42 minutes ago, jengd said:

@Eric, you are completely entitled to your opinion, but you do realise this is a Green Day fan forum, you know, visited by people who are fans of the band?

Thought this was a Network community, I am so confused! 🙃

I googled Pizzagate.  This album is teaching me about politics and sports or something.  

I wonder if there were leftovers from either Network album.

• Like 2

ANYWAY

Popper Punk doesn't have its video in their official YT channel :huh: and I wonder why would that be?

I really like the song, it's like music from a videogame!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Beerjeezus said:

My other favorite bands include Hungarian experimental avantgarde punk from the 80’s and a guy who pisses on crowds. Beat that.

GG Allin

2 minutes ago, That Dude said:

I googled Pizzagate.  This album is teaching me about politics and sports or something.  

I wonder if there were leftovers from either Network album.

I thought it was their invention :mellow: 

What's the hidden message?

• Like 1

It kinda makes me sad how you strip away the parody songs (each to their own, not really for me personally) and you’re left with a really great Green Day album. One that’s a million times better than FOAM or anything else they’ve put out post 21CB.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Seanz25 said:

It kinda makes me sad how you strip away the parody songs (each to their own, not really for me personally) and you’re left with a really great Green Day album. One that’s a million times better than FOAM or anything else they’ve put out post 21CB.

I still believe you guys are reacting in the moment. :lol: 

2 hours ago, Beerjeezus said:

The funniest bit is that one of the first things he mentions he noticed were off after returning is that the squatter ate his bag of mushrooms.

I lost it at "there's semen in the sink" it's just so random lol

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Doggins said:

I lost it at "there's semen in the sink" it's just so random lol

And it ended up being Snoo's semen, according to the interview. 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Eric said:
2 hours ago, Clockwise said:

There sure are some annoying people in this thread! 

I know the people who agree with everything the others say is annoying, breath of fresh air to have other opinions! 😂

Maybe a lot of people just enjoy this album? Are you saying they're lying about liking it?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Eric said:

I still believe you guys are reacting in the moment. :lol: 

Dunno I got in a heated discussion on here when FOAM came out for claiming Green Day could release an album of fart sounds and people would lap it up 😂

I don’t think I had anything on repeat from FOAM. A good 4 or 5 songs from this album I’ve listened to several times already!

• Love 1

For anyone interested, I’ve emailed the store asking if colored vinyl variants will be available there or elsewhere. Will let everyone here know if/when they respond.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 1

🙀

I gotta say it... This album (and No Fun Mondays) was worth postponing the Hella Mega tour for!

Edited by SqueekBatHalloweenBlaster
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, WhiteTim said:

People stop getting upset if someone doesn’t like this album or if someone likes this album music is subjective what may be good for you might not be good for another person and that’s ok 

Do you mean that everyone's opinion doesn't matter? :cry:

I have many thoughts on this record.

I've listened to it a few times and I'm liking it. It's alright, but not amazing. My biggest complaint is that a lot of the songs are too short and just when I get into them, they're over (Prophecy, Heard Immunity, etc).

I had high expectations for Heard Immunity and Art of the Deal and both of those were a little underwhelming for me which is a bummer.

Other observations:

- Theory of Reality: Love this song, but should I be concerned that my home state of Ohio is going to be nuked? The Network are very good at predicting the future...

- Fentanyl: One of my favorites and didn't know they could write a song like this one

- Respirator: Cracks me up! One of my faves

- Cancer is the New Black: Sounds very much like a mix of Bouncing Off the Wall/Reto/Too Dumb To Die and Fever Blister in my opinion

- Popper Punk: For reasons I can't explain...I actually really like this song 😂

- Pool Party: What a wonderful mess of a song. Would love to know what made them revisit Kill The DJ, but I love the jam/Gorillaz vibe on this one

I would have been fine never hearing Pizzagate, Squatter, Hey Elon and Amnesia Vagabond.

FOAM is better than this in my opinion, but I do love how they put things out like this. It's a fun record and it just amazes me how much music they've actually recorded together.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, SqueekBatHalloweenBlaster said:

🙀

I gotta say it... This album (and No Fun Mondays) was worth postponing the Hella Mega tour for!

Oh, what a dilemma!  Seeing them live but with time lost to other bands versus getting all this good stuff, you could be right... especially if we still get a good long GD show (not wishing anything bad on HM tour)

• Like 1