Money Money 2020 Part II: We Told Ya So! - Out Friday

A Worry Rock

51 minutes ago, Karol Oliveira said:

What do you guys think "That's How They Get You" is about? Any theories?

I don’t know but, even tho I know they are are not the actual lyrics, I keep hearing “the Oompa-Loompa, that’s how they get you”, while picturing this:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Karol Oliveira said:

What do you guys think "That's How They Get You" is about? Any theories?

It's such a disappointing song. I think it has some great music - it's got a great beat, it's catchy and the autotune is weird, but I guess okay. But that song goes absolutely nowhere. It's so repetitive. I keep waiting for something to happen and it never comes. Sadly, it's one of the songs I could do without. It's a similar case with Pizzagate. I really love the music in that, but it's too damn short! I wish it were a fully fleshed out songs with lyrics.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Sheenius said:

I have no idea where you're coming from with these false claims. First off, GD claimed there was 100,000 people at the Oakland Coliseum show in 2017 and I was working to find solid data on that .

Oakland Coliseum show only drag 25,948 out of 37,516 tickets that were put on sale. None of the US stadium shows in 2017 sold out. The biggest one was Rose Bowl with 36,912 presents.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Alf said:

Oakland Coliseum show only drag 25,948 out of 37,516 tickets that were put on sale. None of the US stadium shows in 2017 sold out. The biggest one was Rose Bowl with 36,912 presents.

According to wikipedia it was 37.000 out of 44.000 at the Rose Bowl

edit: oops, looks like a wrote faster than I read your comment 😂

Edited by Flashback
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, The Grohl said:

It's such a disappointing song. I think it has some great music - it's got a great beat, it's catchy and the autotune is weird, but I guess okay. But that song goes absolutely nowhere. It's so repetitive. I keep waiting for something to happen and it never comes. Sadly, it's one of the songs I could do without. It's a similar case with Pizzagate. I really love the music in that, but it's too damn short! I wish it were a fully fleshed out songs with lyrics.

I wish Pizzagate was longer as well

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Alf said:

Thanks for getting the numbers! When they were initially advertising the show they were making it sound to be much bigger than it really was. Not sure if it was a strategy to try and get people out. Rev Rad's second leg didn't do well and in some cases there were shows that were 3000 less than capacity. We don't know exact numbers for Giants Stadium though we just know it's under 84,000 people. We know it was considered a sell out - so I think that verifies at the very least 80,000. 

However, my buddy that argued with me last night forgot GD was the headliner for Lollapalooza - but he also tried to say festivals don't count - they are counted if you're the headliner though. It's estimated that there was 85,000 people in attendance for GD that night and this would make it their largest headlined show in the US. 

The other argument was GD did not play stadiums prior to AI but now looking at almost every N.A date from that tour to 99 Revolutions tour they weren't really playing stadiums in N.A during AI or after. Giants Stadium was very much a one off moment where they exceeded 60,000 people- other stadiums they've averaged around 32,000, well in Japan that's an arena sized show. This is more of a market issue than it is a GD issue though. If you're bringing over 25,000 people to a show in North America it's a huge accomplishment. It's an even bigger accomplishment playing to over 15,000 on average per night with no record sales as they did prior to AI. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Yep. I really enjoy this album much more when I'm completely drunk. 
Like yesterday... and today.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

You’ve inspired me, time for a drink 🍻

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Laly said:

I thought it was Van Gough in PP. If it's Fink, great change of voice for 2 words! 😆

In That's How They Get You it's Snoo

It's between you and wikipedia.    :)

I'm listening to Popper Punk now and I honestly can't tell.  I would guess Van Gough, but it COULD be Fink as well.   

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

58 minutes ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

47 minutes ago, Alan86 said:

You’ve inspired me, time for a drink 🍻

ahh shit okay, lets go for it, im in for a drink now! :D

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Doggins said:

Squatter is awesome

It's such a weird song! But something about the weird, cold darkness of it makes me like it.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Sheenius said:

Thanks for getting the numbers! When they were initially advertising the show they were making it sound to be much bigger than it really was. Not sure if it was a strategy to try and get people out. Rev Rad's second leg didn't do well and in some cases there were shows that were 3000 less than capacity. We don't know exact numbers for Giants Stadium though we just know it's under 84,000 people. We know it was considered a sell out - so I think that verifies at the very least 80,000. 

However, my buddy that argued with me last night forgot GD was the headliner for Lollapalooza - but he also tried to say festivals don't count - they are counted if you're the headliner though. It's estimated that there was 85,000 people in attendance for GD that night and this would make it their largest headlined show in the US. 

The other argument was GD did not play stadiums prior to AI but now looking at almost every N.A date from that tour to 99 Revolutions tour they weren't really playing stadiums in N.A during AI or after. Giants Stadium was very much a one off moment where they exceeded 60,000 people- other stadiums they've averaged around 32,000, well in Japan that's an arena sized show. This is more of a market issue than it is a GD issue though. If you're bringing over 25,000 people to a show in North America it's a huge accomplishment. It's an even bigger accomplishment playing to over 15,000 on average per night with no record sales as they did prior to AI. 

Indeed, in fact they do really well in the UK. Selling 80,000 capacity venue for both Hyde Park and the upcoming London stadium concert is quite an achievement.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, The Grohl said:

It's such a weird song! But something about the weird, cold darkness of it makes me like it.

It's "The cat box is overflowing, I don't even have a cat" for me 😂 And I learned a new word (squatter).

8 hours ago, Laly said:

I thought it was Van Gough in PP. If it's Fink, great change of voice for 2 words! 😆

In That's How They Get You it's Snoo

In Popper Punk it's definitely Fink with a british accent! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I actually could believe it’s one of the other guys, I’ve listened and listened, with and without headphones and I’m not convinced it’s Fink, Snoo or Van Gough, listen to just the very last “nitrate” once the music has stopped, could it be Balducci or Captain Underpants?

• Love 1

But for example, in Money Money 2020, M and B sound pretty much the same, and you realize who is each in the harmonies from the chorus. I seriously think it's Van Gough but doesn't matter if I'm wrong 'cause I like it either way 

This is the problem with this band, sometimes it's hard to tell who is singing :lol:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, jengd said:

I actually could believe it’s one of the other guys, I’ve listened and listened, with and without headphones and I’m not convinced it’s Fink, Snoo or Van Gough, listen to just the very last “nitrate” once the music has stopped, could it be Balducci or Captain Underpants?

Really? I can't hear anyone other than Billie :o (but I also thought the Ultimate Test was Billie so...) They just need to release a video showing who's singing every song so that we can put the right person singing it in our minds... I have been picturing Fink singing and dancing and it's just amazing in my head :lol:

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, The Grohl said:

It also sounds scary true. Kind of like the story in Spike we know Billie had a cat box in the warehouse and they left there to go on tour in late 1991 so was there a squatter that took over his place while he was gone?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, pacejunkie punk said:

It also sounds scary true. Kind of like the story in Spike we know Billie had a cat box in the warehouse and they left there to go on tour in late 1991 so was there a squatter that took over his place while he was gone?

Yeah, that's what I was thinking too. Listening to the lyrics it definitely sounds like it comes from a real life incident. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, The Grohl said:

Yeah, that's what I was thinking too. Listening to the lyrics it definitely sounds like it comes from a real life incident. 

I’m trying to see if I can find out.

Popper Punk is definitely Fink

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1