Money Money 2020 Part II: We Told Ya So! - Out Friday

A Worry Rock

All song ratings aside, I really enjoyed the production style and quality. Is that Butch Walker? I would like for the next Green Day record to be produced in a similar style. I remember that they said this is the sound which will define Green Day in the future, I wouldn't mind! 

• Like 3

I remember saying in the Unpopular Opinion thread a few years ago that The Network > Foxboros and it wasn’t that well received :lol: no big deal though, everyone has their preferences and I’m glad most are loving the new Network stuff!! I think the first album is better as it feels more coherent but also I know the songs so well, a lot of the new ones I still need to get more familiar with.

Also I’ve decided that Popper Punk is Spike Part 2. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, jengd said:

I wish it was longer.

That's what "She" said. 

Which is a joke from The Office.  Which Fink is a fan of. 

She screams in silence.

Hmm. Now I want a weird, Network version of "She".

1 hour ago, DeJennsitized said:

I remember saying in the Unpopular Opinion thread a few years ago that The Network > Foxboros and it wasn’t that well received :lol: no big deal though, everyone has their preferences and I’m glad most are loving the new Network stuff!! I think the first album is better as it feels more coherent but also I know the songs so well, a lot of the new ones I still need to get more familiar with.

I can't decide between these side projects.  In my list of My Favorite Artists, I just have it where the entire Green Day collective is my #1 pick.  

If I had a gun to my head, I believe I would pick Network over Tubbies. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Thatsername said:

I was dancing to Theory of Reality at home all morning, this song is killer. I hope they will play it live one day:banana::banana::banana:

What time zone are you in? 

33 minutes ago, Gonzalo17 said:

Last ride in is better than pizzagate

It's a waste of a track, but it gets a pass because pizza. 

Fingers crossed for Pizzagate 2:  We Ate Ya So!!!   It will have lyrics and be sung by Z. 

• Haha 2

wow, my brain hurts after all 25 songs, but in a ?good? way :D i am always surprised with new releases by "green day", after so many years and song releases they are still able to pull out sth new/different/fresh, even if its not a JOS or whatever, they can make simple music but still in a creative way (i wish they would just go for it as green day and that they dont force themselves too much with releasing new gd music that has to fit in the modern music world / or what the music world expects from them)

25 songs are a lot, but they are short, thats why moneymoney2020 part 2 didnt get boring during my listen, it has a solid flow

top songs: theory of reality(!!), fentanyl, ivankkka is a nazi(!!), CUNT(!!), tarantula, cancer is the new black, time capsule(!!), threat level midnight(!!),

bad songs: degenerate (i still have nightmares of billies singing voice in father of all (song) lol), thats how they get you, heard immunity, amnesia vagabond

after my first listens i would rate this album 7.5/10

i wonder whats next in the green day/network world, new music is always appreciated, and i hope the network do sth like a livestream show, maybe around silvester/new year ??

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

I had Theory of Reality in my head all night long during my dream.
I slept so bad. At least I had a good bad dream song.

I had the same exact problem but with Fentanyl!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Hermione said:

Omg you're so right. It's Spike after he got his fix

Exactly!! Same repetitiveness too! It’s so him. 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, That Dude said:

It's a good one, but one of the couple where I couldn't tell who was singing.   It says Fink on Wikipedia, but I don't know. 

I also had problems identifying the singer of  That's How They Get You, which is supposedly Van Gough. 

I thought it was Van Gough in PP. If it's Fink, great change of voice for 2 words! 😆

In That's How They Get You it's Snoo

• Like 1

Just now, HAPPY FINKING UNICORN said:

This record is so good. Fuck it, I ordered the vinyl and the slipmat.

I would order The Network action figures if they were made right. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

10 minutes ago, That Dude said:

I would order The Network action figures if they were made right. 

Damn Network action figures would have been fun. Another reason it sucks we don’t have Funko Pops. A Fink Funko? 😍

• Like 2
  • Love 1

19 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Damn Network action figures would have been fun. Another reason it sucks we don’t have Funko Pops. A Fink Funko? 😍

I would kill for action figures! Not a big fan of funko pops though, would rather them be like the metallica ones, real looking. Crap, I spent too much money on the store yesterday, they better not make them lmao

Or maybe lego versions like the Transistors Gone Wild video

• Love 2

Popper punk would the soundtrack of a  Green Day game in 8-bit. Kind of a Mario NES game. Probably I won't beat it because I suck at video games but whatever.

I can't find love for party pool tho. My mind tells me that is a trilogy outtake. The voice distorsion is very close to Nightlife.

4 hours ago, DeJennsitized said:

Spike got clean, for the most part. He kicked. No more cough syrup either. Now it's just that little brown bottle.

32 minutes ago, greendepent said:

Popper punk would the soundtrack of a  Green Day game in 8-bit. Kind of a Mario NES game. Probably I won't beat it because I suck at video games but whatever.

I can't find love for party pool tho. My mind tells me that is a trilogy outtake. The voice distorsion is very close to Nightlife.

Now I want a 8-bit youtube version of Popper Punk :D

I just saw a comment on YouTube pointing out that the very start of Hey Elon could be a reference to Good Riddance (wrong chords being played at first) and I hadn't noticed it before but I think that's correct and an absolutely brilliant touch! Haha

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Paxton said:

First of all....you were wrong when you said they headlined stadiums before AI. Second, O.Co doesn't support the capacity of 100,000 people. You clearly do not live in the states/or you don't like sports and you have zero knowledge of NFL stadiums. Also, just because U2 has the record for attendance at Giants Stadium, DOES NOT mean the Green Day show at Giants Stadium wasn't THEIR biggest show in the US. I'm backing out of this discussion with you because you keep saying shit that is irrelevant and makes no sense. I hope your brain wakes up and moving forward you seek knowledge. Bless.

I have no idea where you're coming from with these false claims. First off, GD claimed there was 100,000 people at the Oakland Coliseum show in 2017 and I was working to find solid data on that . Remember that floors open up and capacities increase during concerts. I was able to atleast get legitimate numbers for Giants Stadium and you're running around like Trump just telling people they're wrong because it doesn't support your agenda of Giants Stadium being the largest US show for the band. While it is very likely it could be their largest US show you're failing to realize how large the 21cb tour was and that they shattered their attendance records in other countries on that tour and it's very likely the show you saw could have ended up being their second or third biggest. 

You're backing out of this discussion because your points are weak and you're getting frustrated that you can't change my mind on facts. You don't need to be condescending either you are not more intelligent than me trust me. I hope my brain doesn't wake up to your standards cause this brain the way it is right now has made me a shit ton of money.

If you need a loan at 12% interest let me know.  

"You clearly don't live in the states" And I'm proud to say I don't live in a shithole with no health care that values honky tonk football over people's wellbeing. 

9 hours ago, emenius said:

And FOAM is a great record by the way.....

Sir this type of attitude is not going to win you friends here 😂

• Haha 1