Money Money 2020 Part II: We Told Ya So! - Out Friday

A Worry Rock

37 minutes ago, Gonzalo17 said:

The five Ramonish songs are great! The FOAMISH songs are horrible, and the rest are B-sides or joke... 

Finally someone who is listening without the rose tinted glasses (or green if you so prefer). I see people making Prince and Bowie and Roger Waters comparisons here. LOL. I get it it's a Green Day message board but ooof Maddone....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

AMYL!!

NITRATE!!

AAAAAAAAAAH...

😂 Is this gonna be the new Nightlife for some people? (I like Nightlife too 😇)

It's worse than Nightlife by a mile! 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Paxton said:

It's worse than Nightlife by a mile! 

I don’t know, Popper makes me laugh and reminds me of clubbing it’s a feel good song. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Paxton said:

Finally someone who is listening without the rose tinted glasses (or green if you so prefer). I see people making Prince and Bowie and Roger Waters comparisons here. LOL. I get it it's a Green Day message board but ooof Maddone....

Haha, I definitely get your point! But that said, I finally got around to listening to it before reading anything here at all, and I was thinking Prince/ Roger in parts too. And I kind of listened to this one more skeptically than any other album I can remember at first...it totally won me over and surprised me on the upside. I don’t think I’ve ever actually had low expectations for one of their albums before, but for this I was weirdly not excited...and wrong.  I had a huge smile on my face by the end and can’t wait to listen again. 

The kill the DJ nod during Falwell absolutely slayed me. Total unexpected surprise. Right Hand o Rama meets Kill the DJ. Awesome and hilarious. 

• Like 4

I'm learning stuff.

I'm glad Van Gough is getting help for his angina and cyanide poisoning.   

repetition is genius.   

#nitrite

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, greendepent said:

I recall Scheps said that he removed elements that were added by the band and replaced by more "professional" stuff

Interesting, I didn't realize there were things removed from the songs when he worked on them. 

As for the production on this album that came out today does anyone know who produced it? I remember Butch Walker stating he was currently working on a "new GD album" I assume that this is that album? 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, The Grohl said:

So I finally listened to the record and I guess it's an unpopular opinion but Popper Punk rocks. I don't want it is, but I like it! It's just kind of weird and it sucks you in the more you listen to it. There's something hypnotic about it. I have to listen to the album more, but overall I like it. There are some bangers, some that are okay, and some songs I could do without. Ones I love right away are Theory of Reality, Degenerate, The Art of the Deal with the Devil, Pizzagate (though I wish it were longer), and Jerry Falwell's Pool Party, which does anyone else think the harmonica part on that song sound like the harmonica from Clint Eastwood by Gorillaz? 

So what you're saying is that you aCtUaLlY lIkE Popper Punk? 'Cause same bro. 

3 hours ago, The Grohl said:

Jerry Falwell's Pool Party

So when I first heard that Kill The DJ line I was like ughhh not more recycled shit but the song had a lot of depth to it and at times reminds me of Bowie 

• Like 4

I don't like Jerry's Pool Party, but I like that I don't like it.   Does that make sense?

It will grow on me, but it's not on me just yet.   

Come Van Gough!  Are they saving you for the finally?   

I want a Mike Dirnt solo record.   

Nobody Like Billie Joe:  The Epic Mike Dirnt Solo.....

oh wait, Van Gough's singing on Heard Immunity.   Gotta go!   

It's atomic with guitar lick
Put your bagel in a coffin

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Sheenius said:

So when I first heard that Kill The DJ line I was like ughhh not more recycled shit but the song had a lot of depth to it and at times reminds me of Bowie 

This is literally what I said 4 hours ago in the "what's your favorite $$2020 Part 2" thread:

Jerry Falwell's Pool Party is the song my life needed. I love how it samples "Kill The DJ," since that is one of my favorite Green Day songs. Also feel vibes of David Bowie's "Fame" in the beat. And it's so deliciously sexy. Fink's voice has me experiencing some things LOL. Highlight of the album by far.

3 hours ago, BillieMyLove said:

This is literally what I said 4 hours ago in the "what's your favorite $$2020 Part 2" thread:

Jerry Falwell's Pool Party is the song my life needed. I love how it samples "Kill The DJ," since that is one of my favorite Green Day songs. Also feel vibes of David Bowie's "Fame" in the beat. And it's so deliciously sexy. Fink's voice has me experiencing some things LOL. Highlight of the album by far.

It also reminds me of songs from The Clash in the later stages of their career

• Like 1

Vocals:  

Van Gough - 8 songs

Fink - 10 songs

The Snoo - 6 songs.  

Fink had a whole Father of All Volume ii on his hands while Van Gough opened the microphone up for a whole lot of Snoo.  

Fink and Snoo did bring some quality music to the project for sure, but for me the Van Gough songs were what I was here for.   Fink is doing an impression of Billie Joe Armstrong pretending to be Fink, who is making music to sound like Billie Joe pretending to be him  by doing weird voices, I don't know what to think.   

Great album.   

I wonder if whatever comes next will come out around the time these come out on physical copies.   

OMEGA 3000 FOR LIFE! 

After my initial listen, Time Capsule is my favorite.     OPEN UP TO.   OPEN UP TO.   OPEN UP 2000.  

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, That Dude said:

I don't like Jerry's Pool Party, but I like that I don't like it.   Does that make sense?

It will grow on me, but it's not on me just yet.   

Come Van Gough!  Are they saving you for the finally?   

I want a Mike Dirnt solo record.   

Nobody Like Billie Joe:  The Epic Mike Dirnt Solo.....

oh wait, Van Gough's singing on Heard Immunity.   Gotta go!   

It's atomic with guitar lick
Put your bagel in a coffin

you're in for a treat when you hit amnesia vagabond 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I like the idea that Van Gough time travels.  

Imagine what The Network would sound like if they did like Green Day and made a 60s record?   

or made 30s music!  50s rock!   

2 minutes ago, Herroon said:

you're in for a treat when you hit amnesia vagabond 

That's my second favorite, currently.   

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, Major Pain said:

Here is a picture of it from the GIF

ezgif-2-8316417e09dd.png

I have one like this from 2003. Maybe they're going to reprint it like they are with the Insomniac shirts? 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Paxton said:

I’d say I’m not wearing rose tinted glasses as Network is my least favorite of the side bands but this was decent I’d give it 5 or maybe 6 out of 10 

• Like 1

I think if they were trying to make a really great 12 song network album they could’ve done it with the songs here, but it’s clear that the intention was just a fun sonic release and pallette cleanser. This is good for both the network and Green Day

• Like 4

If this came out under any name other than the Network and actually wasn't green day, it would be mostly negative responses no doubt in my mind. Maybe I'm jaded because when the first record came out there was mystery around it and I actually like most of that record. I just felt it wasn't fun this time around....except for the first couple of weeks when the comeback was imminent. All of their social media accounts kind of made it lame and uninteresting. I find that funny because they've bashed social media constantly in the past yet use it incessantly...but whatever. If it was 12 songs, I'd be more into it. It is laborious getting through 25 songs and most of them sound like The Bloodhound Gang. Also could do without their constant bashing of America and capitalism when they're selling "trading cards" for 15 bucks and 50 dollar sweatshirts LOL

1 minute ago, Paxton said:

If this came out under any name other than the Network and actually wasn't green day, it would be mostly negative responses no doubt in my mind. Maybe I'm jaded because when the first record came out there was mystery around it and I actually like most of that record. I just felt it wasn't fun this time around....except for the first couple of weeks when the comeback was imminent. All of their social media accounts kind of made it lame and uninteresting. I find that funny because they've bashed social media constantly in the past yet use it incessantly...but whatever. If it was 12 songs, I'd be more into it. It is laborious getting through 25 songs and most of them sound like The Bloodhound Gang. Also could do without their constant bashing of America and capitalism when they're selling "trading cards" for 15 bucks and 50 dollar sweatshirts LOL

This part I heavily agree on deft could’ve been less tracks I think once I finalize my playlist it’ll be 12-14 tracks