Money Money 2020 Part II: We Told Ya So! - Out Friday

A Worry Rock

The "Popper Punk" riff reminds me of Pinhead Gunny's "Walkin Catastrophe".

Lets play a game everyone, what would be YOUR name in the network?

I'm Lazarus Cometbus and I play the triangle wrapped in toilet paper. Still working on my costume, though.

Network was my least favorite side projects but I really like some of this album it’s a tad too many songs and some of the songs could been left off but the tracks I like I really like maybe I should give the first album another listen to 

• Like 2

Just now, WhiteTim said:

Network was my least favorite side projects but I really like some of this album it’s a tad too many songs and some of the songs could been left off but the tracks I like I really like maybe I should give the first album another listen to 

The first album is definitely a grower when I first heard it I thought it was such a novelty sound I wouldn't listen to it much, but I've since reversed on that and I play it a lot now the songs are very fun.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

The first line is “Megalomania crossed with chlamydia” (I don’t know how to spell it)

Some more corrections:

It's so contagious

Want to be famous?

Start fucking idiots with hepatitis 

A child actor/a telecaster (That’s a brilliant play on words btw — someone who casts kids for TV)

Shit stains on pillows and (pills in swallows)?

A lot of sketchy references here sounds like it’s talking about the sexual crimes in Hollywood

Pretty sure it's "pukes and swallows". Your other corrections sound correct to my ear 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

What do you guys think are the chances, that we are getting a live stream from The Network sometime soon? I would LOVE to see that!

Just now, Elxufinnishidiot said:

What do you guys think are the chances, that we are getting a live stream from The Network sometime soon? I would LOVE to see that!

I've wondered a few times about that, after all, we thought there were hints they were going to livestream something from the Golden Bull before this all blew up. I certainly hope so.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, SqueekBatHalloweenBlaster said:

The "Popper Punk" riff reminds me of Pinhead Gunny's "Walkin Catastrophe".

Lets play a game everyone, what would be YOUR name in the network?

I'm Lazarus Cometbus and I play the triangle wrapped in toilet paper. Still working on my costume, though.

I'm Mr. Pizzaman. I play the unplugged guitar. I'm their fake guitarist to add more coolness to the stage. I'm this pizza slice mascot.

1 minute ago, jengd said:

I've wondered a few times about that, after all, we thought there were hints they were going to livestream something from the Golden Bull before this all blew up. I certainly hope so.

There was some insider chatter that this was happening too, but the recent stricter lockdowns in California may have affected these plans.  If they can possibly pull it off still I would love to see it.  

• Like 1

Can someone explain to me the reference in Asphixya when he say: Don't try to do it INXS
I know it's a band

6 minutes ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

Can someone explain to me the reference in Asphixya when he say: Don't try to do it INXS
I know it's a band

the singer of INXS died of asphyxiation, although it's debated whether it was auto-erotic or just regular suicide.

It's also a play on words, as in "in excess" (not trying to be condescending, just think I remember you mentioning a couple pages back that english isn't your first language so I figured something like that could be easily missed)

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Herroon said:

After watching the Threat Level video, I think I can definitively say Z is my favorite member. He just has this Boba Fett-esque silent coolness about him, idk...

Z's my favorite too.

Well, maybe after Snoo. 

Someone on YouTube took a stab at the lyrics for Threat Level Midnight and it's pretty complete apart from the bridge:

[Verse 1]

Danger!

It's coming from the sky

Danger, danger!

It's unidentified

Danger whoa-oh

You won't make it out alive

Danger whoa-oh oh

We're all gonna die

[Chorus]

Running for your life, it's alive

Nowhere we can go-oh oh

Nowhere we can go-oh oh

Threat level midnight

[Verse 2]

Danger!

Calling the prophecy

Danger, danger!

It's my atrocity

Danger whoa-oh

It's my apocalypse

Danger whoa-oh oh

And we cannot resist

[Chorus]  

[Bridge]

The stars are falling from the sun that never quits

Like dancing all the songs that are only on the bliss

He nearly break the rock up back to [?]

[Outro]

Nowhere we can go-oh oh (Threat level midnight)

• Like 1

Did anyone else get this email today? 😂  They just photoshopped Fink, Van, and Snoo onto that Green Day promo shot!

6yIc1iT.png

• Love 2

6 minutes ago, Slave To The Network said:

Did anyone else get this email today? 😂  They just photoshopped Fink, Van, and Snoo onto that Green Day promo shot!

6yIc1iT.png

That's been appearing for a while on Green Day's Spotify artist page

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Slave To The Network said:

6yIc1iT.png

It's the Green Day cover facebook page since last month

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Hermione said:

I really latched on to the right band 15 years ago, who would think they would still be pulling off this level of awesomeness?! This album and everything surrounding it is so good it makes me emotional, lmao. I can't get over it

For real! Teenage me chose so well, very proud of her 🥰

• Like 2

Well I don't go on Facebook and I don't use Spotify, so no wonder I didn't see it. :)

Did my first listen while working this morning and will do my 2nd at the gym this afternoon. Such a fun album! I haven't decided which tracks are my favourite yet. What a great way to end a shitty year, though.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

My comment got lost pages back but if you listen to the lyrics you’ll see that The Stranger is Left Hand A Rama 🙂

I was just about to say that LOL.

6 hours ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

Oh you're from France. You're my cousin then.

We are all cousins.  The furthest you can be from another human is 50th cousins, but I don't think we've found any that far.  Every human that's ever lived is probably within 9 cousins of you. 

This is on topic because every band member is included.

I discovered this while at a funeral.  I kept getting introduced to so many cousins I had never heard of.  It got my thinking. 

Anyway.  I have work, then spending time with the kiddo and then tonight,  some quality time with The Network. 

35 minutes ago, Lindsay said:

Did my first listen while working this morning and will do my 2nd at the gym this afternoon. Such a fun album! I haven't decided which tracks are my favourite yet. What a great way to end a shitty year, though.

amen

• Like 1

I just want to say that I listened to the album earlier today, and the world needed this album in the worst way. Our boys hold nothing back and slay everything that is wrong with the world. My life feels more complete now. That is all. I resisted joining this discussion until I could listen to the album so that I could say something intelligent.