Money Money 2020 Part II: We Told Ya So! - Out Friday

A Worry Rock

1 hour ago, pacejunkie punk said:

That’s why I need those lyrics I suspect they’re pretty funny from what I can make out

That's all I got

It's Carolina's Ultimate Netflix Tweet

----
----
Makes pretty faces ---
it's self contagious
---- famous
Stop fucking any us with --

Carolina's Ultimate Netflix Tweet

A giant ---
A telecaster
A thumb sucker with it's own ghostrider

---
---
Shits things on pillows
then gulps and swallows

I was wondering what was the reason they chose "Carolina's Ultimate Netflix Tweet" as a title/line, it seems nonsensical and random, but now I'm thinking that they just purposely wanted to have a song with the initials spelling out CUNT :lol::lol:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Absolutely did not ever expect a network album to be the best thing they’ve done aside from Rev rad since the 21CB days but here we are. Obviously there’s some weird Network-y tracks on there, but even those seem to just be way better than anything on FOAM and, even as a big Uno fan, the trilogy. Theory of reality, threat level midnight, degenerate, time capsule, cancer is the new black and ivankkka simply slap really heavy and I am absolutely buzzing that this year hasn’t ended in as shitty a way as the rest of it has gone 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Alf said:

That's all I got

----
----
Makes pretty faces ---
it's self contagious
---- famous
Stop fucking any us with --

Carolina's Ultimate Netflix Tweet

A giant ---
A telecaster
A thumb sucker with it's own ghostrider

---
---
Shits things on pillows
then gulps and swallows

The first line is “Megalomania crossed with chlamydia” (I don’t know how to spell it)

Some more corrections:

It's so contagious

Want to be famous?

Start fucking idiots with hepatitis 

A child actor/a telecaster (That’s a brilliant play on words btw — someone who casts kids for TV)

Shit stains on pillows and (pills in swallows)?

A lot of sketchy references here sounds like it’s talking about the sexual crimes in Hollywood

• Like 2

I am almost, almost, almost ready to transistion into acknowledging that these guys are actually who we think they there.  

Almost.

But not yet. 

Four of them, okay.  I see and hear it.

But the theories on Captain Undies and Z could be wrong.   Undies is the most mysterious. 

Then they shouldn't be considering it an album release for 2020, with eventual delivery for everything including *shirts* not due until 2021.

So I've listened up through Respirator. 

The Prophesy, Fentenayl and Degenerate are my faves so far.

Trans Am is still good

Degenerate is my top so far. That one just sticks with me. Will listen to the rest later. I have work projects and Zooms this afternoon... stupid adulting.

3 minutes ago, Bobbybarebum said:

Then they shouldn't be considering it an album release for 2020, with eventual delivery for everything including *shirts* not due until 2021.

If it’s available to stream in 2020 then it is a 2020 release because that’s when it can start making money, chart, etc.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, grinsoniko said:

Obsessed with Asphyxia and Digital Black at the moment, that solo...dang

Sounds like guitars from a western/cowboy film in Digital Black, I love it

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, Bobbybarebum said:

I mean... it's 2020.... and the album is out and readily available to be listened to. What more do you want?

It's December, it definitely makes sense they wouldn't have the shirts in hand for another month or so

14 minutes ago, Met Fan said:

Welp! Who else spotted the stray Kill The DJ lyric that wandered it's way onto this record? 

more than a stray line, I think both the Kill The DJ verses are slightly reworked in there haha

• Like 1

I have 3 or 4 songs that I'm not sure what I think of yet, but I love all 25. Even the one I know I don't like and I'm talking about you, Jerry Falwell's Pool Party, specifically. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

After watching the Threat Level video, I think I can definitively say Z is my favorite member. He just has this Boba Fett-esque silent coolness about him, idk...

• Haha 2

23 minutes ago, Herroon said:

more than a stray line, I think both the Kill The DJ verses are slightly reworked in there haha

You're spot on, I posted that before I got to the second verse 🤣

I wanna say the similarities mean something, but I don't know what it is. It's more than "electronic music is shit" though.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Oh I love this, definitely if Green Day is God’s favorite band The Network has to be Satan’s favorite 👍😈

I love this idea!

Other thoughts-

I also had the same thought for Michael Hutchinson/INXS.

Am I the only one hearing "can we fist?" in Jerry Falwell?

Cancer Is the New Black totally could have been a Green Day single.

I actually like Popper Punk. :)

• Like 2

I've listened this album maybe 6 or 7 times since yesterday.
You know what? It's still awesome!
And you know what else? Popper Punk still suck!

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Herroon said:

WMG announced they were releasing this. But artists (especially an artist like green day) are able to get vanity imprints that are labels in name only/actually subsidiaries of the parent company

Yes I know about vanity labels and all that (I used to work for Warner many years ago) I just didn’t see the Network announcement and when I worked there they required all artists to have WMG listed on the bottom of the websites which I didn’t see when first glancing at the site 

1 minute ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

I've listened this album maybe 6 or 7 times since yesterday.
You know what? It's still awesome!
And you know what else? Popper Punk still suck!

At first it sounded catchy, but it's VERY repeative.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, WhiteTim said:

Yes I know about vanity labels and all that (I used to work for Warner many years ago) I just didn’t see the Network announcement and when I worked there they required all artists to have WMG listed on the bottom of the websites which I didn’t see when first glancing at the site 

I was just assuming the whole thing was part of the new, and we are assuming less constrictive deal with Warner.