Money Money 2020 Part II: We Told Ya So! - Out Friday

A Worry Rock

Does the CUNT acronym have anything to do with the song or is it just for the sake of a funny acronym? I can't hear what the hell he's singing about

3 minutes ago, Hermione said:

Does the CUNT acronym have anything to do with the song or is it just for the sake of a funny acronym? I can't hear what the hell he's singing about

That’s why I need those lyrics I suspect they’re pretty funny from what I can make out

• Like 2

I tried listening to part 1 and part 2 back to back, and the contrast between them is insane.

If part 2 wasn't released under The Network, I would've never imagined it was them. 

I can't decide which album I like more. Part one has all the good Van Gough songs, but part 2 has all the good Snoo songs (Hungry Hungry Models is subpar compared to the songs on pt 2).

But I know for sure that part 1 is majority good, while part 2 has a lot of songs that I could live without.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

It’s getting bad. Now Fink has stolen tattoos of Billie’s wife!  

Yeah, I definitely liked it better when they were at least trying to make it ambiguous 😂 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Met Fan said:

Yeah, I definitely liked it better when they were at least trying to make it ambiguous 😂 

I wonder if they wanted to make the clues more obvious in case not enough people got the joke. They’re not really trying to fool people after all they’re trying to sell records/merch

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

Threat Level Midnight is such a joy to listen to. It's maximum Green Day and I can't stop smiling when I hear it. I also love how it's a classic "Easy A" catchy melody but this time they actually varied the song structure, built tension, and made an excellent bridge instead of a guitar solo of the melody. You can tell they're having fun and trying.

Billie’s a grandmaster at adding little tweaks like Oh-oh strategically and making a song infectious and fun to sing.

• Like 2
  • Love 2

3 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Billie’s a grandmaster at adding little tweaks like Oh-oh strategically and making a song infectious and fun to sing.

Definitely, which is why it's strange recent albums have lacked those sort of touches. Billie is great at using his voice in musical ways outside of just singing words. I can't help but smile at the "Danger! Danger!" And "Danger whoa-oh."

• Like 2
  • Love 2

1 minute ago, DookieLukie said:

Definitely, which is why it's strange recent albums have lacked those sort of touches. Billie is great at using his voice in musical ways outside of just singing words. I can't help but smile at the "Danger! Danger!" And "Danger whoa-oh."

And every line is different: Danger/Danger Danger/Danger whoah oh/Danger whoah oh oh... 

That attention to detail elevates a song and you’re right sometimes it seems like he doesn’t bother when he could.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Half way through first listen, this does sound like The Network as far as the instrumentation goes, which is everything when it comes to this band,  especially the vocals/keyboard sounds. Just more polished sonically in 2020 standards, perhaps why people may feel this record is too different from the first one.

Man there isn't a Green Day album that I hated, they all just hit the spot for me in different ways and took me for different journeys. But this, this is the first time since 21CB that I felt they really labored over the craft, it's the work they put into establishing the vibe in the album, that goes a long way with me.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, pacejunkie punk said:

I really need the lyrics to both that and CUNT. The lyrics I can make out on this album are stellar.

This is the only band(s) that can use the lyrics “I’m gonna pop” twice in a thirty year span (The Judge’s Daughter/Asphyxia) And do you think the last line about not doing it to excess is a sly reference to INXS (who’s singer died from autoerotic asphyxiation)?

Never thought I would laugh about a person dying from Covid but damn they made it okay as soon as they got to the second verse and it was an anti-masker conspiracy theorist and I was all oh that’s okay then 😂

The ending to Digital Black is almost Beatles level experimental.  

Okay I’ll say it: This album is the musical laxative to Green Day’s constipation 💩 I don’t know how else to describe the explosion and shift from that album to this.

Well spotted re the INXS Michael Hutchence ref, I agree we really need lyricis, I think lots are good, witty and clever but there are a lot I’m struggling to get.
Has anyone else noticed the thumbnail, or whatever it’s called for Tarantula on YouTube is a pic of The Snoo, wonder who actually wrote it?

Haha, someone on YouTube has clocked that The Art Of The Deal With The Devil’s time stamp is 3.33 and are asking if The Network is the devils favourite band 😂😂

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, jengd said:

Well spotted re the INXS Michael Hutchence ref, I agree we really need lyricis, I think lots are good, witty and clever but there are a lot I’m struggling to get.
Has anyone else noticed the thumbnail, or whatever it’s called for Tarantula on YouTube is a pic of The Snoo, wonder who actually wrote it?

Haha, someone on YouTube has clocked that The Art Of The Deal With The Devil’s time stamp is 3.33 and are asking if The Network is the devils favourite band 😂😂

Oh I love this, definitely if Green Day is God’s favorite band The Network has to be Satan’s favorite 👍😈

More thoughts — I love the lyric “The famous to the infamous is what I want to be”. It’s almost another way of saying “I want to be a cult hero” but a little sketchier.  Like he doesn’t want to be all the way notorious, but well known to those who are notorious.  

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Oh I love this, definitely if Green Day is God’s favorite band The Network has to be Satan’s favorite 👍😈

But Green Day's got Satan riding next to them.

Why would Satan ride with Green Day if The Network is his favorite band?

• Haha 3

Just now, Met Fan said:

Geez, I just noticed this album is more than twice as long as FOAM 😆

Yeah, way to stick it to Green Day right? 😉

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

More thoughts — I love the lyric “The famous to the infamous is what I want to be”. It’s almost another way of saying “I want to be a cult hero” but a little sketchier.  Like he doesn’t want to be all the way notorious, but well known to those who are notorious.  

Or, in true Billie style, you could take another way as being sarcastic, lamenting his downfall.

• Like 2

Just now, MarriedtoMikeDirnt said:

Satan is a fallen angel after all. Green Day are just Satan adjacent 🙂

• Love 1

Just now, MarriedtoMikeDirnt said:

Omg, I forgot.  Maybe it didn’t go well 😂

• Haha 2

Hol up! Why did they Kill Joe Robot? Does it say anywhere in the lyrics? His robot ass is dead on the Network shop! It also shows him thinking about a taco and a cyberpunk with a mask? So who did it? Why do I care? Help!

2 minutes ago, jengd said:

Or, in true Billie style, you could take another way as being sarcastic, lamenting his downfall.

Definitely. Especially with that line “I was too fucked up when I stepped over that line”

• Like 1

People expecting lyrics might want to lower their expectations. They did not include lyrics in any Vinyl or CD release, same with FBHT (except for the Japanese CD which has lyrics that might be official and not just "write what you hear" lyrics).