Money Money 2020 Part II: We Told Ya So! - Out Friday

A Worry Rock

2 minutes ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

Can you write the lyrics please?
My french can't understand a word except: STRANGER!
And who is singing? Van Gough?

The Snoo! Don't have time to work out/write all the lyrics right now but they describe sitting on your left hand until it's numb for the purposes of masturbating

2 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

My comment got lost pages back but if you listen to the lyrics you’ll see that The Stranger is Left Hand A Rama 🙂

:lol: Goddamnit why didn't they call it that?!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Just now, Little Boy Named Booze said:

FBHT album was only available on the french amazon website.  Money conversation was expensive.

I know, I saw a smashing pumpkins siamese dreams vinyl at 477 euros today,  people are crazy with old stuff ^^

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Met Fan said:

Anybody knows if you get a digital download when you preorder the physical CD?

Someone posted a few pages back that the physical does not come with a digital

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Pereprimus said:

I know, I saw a smashing pumpkins siamese dreams vinyl at 477 euros today,  people are crazy with old stuff ^^

Oh you're from France. You're my cousin then.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Greenday_Aussie said:

Tarantula has a very similar melody to Hammer of the Gods.

Yes, almost hearing that sweet, sweet backing like Hammer Of The Gods

Still finding different things, so many good and smart lyrics, so many layers to take in.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Bobbybarebum said:

"Pre-order the best record of 2020." - unless you want a CD or vinyl in which case its Feb 2021 or APRIL 2021. Plz give us at the famously reliable Warner your money several months in advance.

Yea, I'm still out here waiting for my No Fun Monday's to ship from the UK site...Maybe I'll wait for that to get on it's way before I blindly toss em more $$ 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, StillBreathing said:

Totally agreed ❤️❤️ Falling more in love with this album every listen... honestly genius 

The fact that they can release this album like this, with knowing that it probably won’t get the recognition it deserves and probably no radio play whatsoever is just a testament to what ‘Green Day’ is a band.. and I think a big ‘fuck you’ to everyone that still says they’ve ‘sold out’ 

actually I heard fentanyl once at the radio the same day we all discovered this song. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, Pereprimus said:

actually I heard fentanyl once at the radio the same day we all discovered this song. 

It’s happening, The Network are taking over the world 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Album is definitely a mixed bag for me. I could honestly do without at least half of the Snoo songs, and most of the standouts are Fink songs which overall feel more complete and thought out. The good songs are REALLY good though. Degenerate, Ivankkka, Jerry Falwell, etc. At first I didn't understand the total hate for Popper Punk and then it just kept going and I totally got it. What a bad song, wouldn't have been terrible if they cut it in half. Overally, really glad we got this release and I hope that they maintain this level of output for the years to come!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, StillBreathing said:

It’s happening, The Network are taking over the world 😂

well, I've already heard the Foxboro hot tubs at the radio at the time, but never the network, I've heard Ivankkka because it was a kind of little buzz withe the lyrics and fentanyl was in a new songs playlist, I remember I was working on photoshop with the radio on. then came fentanyl witch I didn't know back then, but I didn't pay attention to the artist name even if it sounded very familiar... so I checked here and it was the network ^^

• Love 1

8 hours ago, Bobbybarebum said:

That doesn't explain the CD's not even being out until Feb. As someone who fell for the 21CB triple vinyl and Trilogy pack... Nope, not happening.

"Pre-order the best record of 2020." - in reality 2021, at some point. They can have my money when it's actually an album release, not two to five months before.

Be sure to use Warnerzon Prime for shipping! It's not next day, oh no, it's "you'll get it at some point, eventually, and it'll be fucked up in shipping, and we'll give you two of the same vinyl in the triple 21CB set..."

EDIT: Oh it gets even funnier; Top of the site; "Holiday deliveries may take longer than usual. Order gifts early for on-time delivery."

"Okay maybe I'll order a shi- THE FUCK THOSE ARE PREORDERS FOR JANUARY?!!"

Yeah I'm out. What a fucking joke.

I'm assuming it's the same thing for CDs. Looking at albums scheduled for next year they're all being released later in the year due to these delays and that includes CDs. The pre ordering thing is bullshit and I don't blame for not doing it. But as I said I don't blame them for the dates. That's probably the earliest they could do and they might've felt releasing the CD a bit earlier was better because at least you get something soon ish. 

But also fuck whoever for not including a digital download with purchase. I've noticed this more and more with new releases and it sucks. Of course I don't know the reasons behind not including one but it just seems like greed. Why should we give them the album when they can buy a digital copy? Fuck that.

Oh I have a new theory. The six songs, Billie mentioned, which were meant to be on FOAM but eventually didn't make it to the album were all used for the Network (this is why the art of the deal with the devil is on it), because during the lockdown they decided to make a great and epic rock opera again and write completely new songs for it:)

• Like 1
  • Love 1

8 hours ago, Bobbybarebum said:

That doesn't explain the CD's not even being out until Feb. As someone who fell for the 21CB triple vinyl and Trilogy pack... Nope, not happening.

Dude, manufacturing for all physical media has been fucked by the pandemic. I work for an established indie label and we've been waiting months and months longer than expected on CASSETTES, let alone CDs or LPs. I hate the majors more than anyone else, but this time the problem isn't exclusive to them and is actually completely out of their hands haha

3 hours ago, WhiteTim said:

Warner doesn't have The Network tho Network is on "Joe Robot Records"

WMG announced they were releasing this. But artists (especially an artist like green day) are able to get vanity imprints that are labels in name only/actually subsidiaries of the parent company

3 hours ago, Major Pain said:

The Lushotology shirt has been added to the store 

https://store.thenetworkband.com/lushotology-t-shirt-5.html

FUCK YEAH

• Like 4

Didn't the track list have some sort of Joe Robot sequel on it last week or am I making this up? I could swear the track list was different. 

3 hours ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

But I need the first money money CD now because it look like I'm a big fan of The Network....
Where can I buy the first CD? I can't find it anywhere.

And I thought the album was out today? I mean we know all the song why do they ship the album in February lol.

I bet you could find a copy cheap on discogs (and see my above comment about delayed shipping)

22 minutes ago, Clayish said:

Cancer Is The New Black is the first time a GD related song has made me smile in a long time

I really need the lyrics to both that and CUNT. The lyrics I can make out on this album are stellar.

This is the only band(s) that can use the lyrics “I’m gonna pop” twice in a thirty year span (The Judge’s Daughter/Asphyxia) And do you think the last line about not doing it to excess is a sly reference to INXS (who’s singer died from autoerotic asphyxiation)?

Never thought I would laugh about a person dying from Covid but damn they made it okay as soon as they got to the second verse and it was an anti-masker conspiracy theorist and I was all oh that’s okay then 😂

The ending to Digital Black is almost Beatles level experimental.  

Okay I’ll say it: This album is the musical laxative to Green Day’s constipation 💩 I don’t know how else to describe the explosion and shift from that album to this.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Love 1