Money Money 2020 Part II: We Told Ya So! - Out Friday

A Worry Rock

I honestly don't care about vinyl variants. I just don't want to deal with The Network's dumb ass shipping. I also don't want Warner to have my money for 5 months!

• Like 2

"Pre-order the best record of 2020." - unless you want a CD or vinyl in which case its Feb 2021 or APRIL 2021. Plz give us at the famously reliable Warner your money several months in advance.

Someone at Warner should be shot for this. Not fatally but you know, a light bulleting. Maybe a leg or something...

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I don't fault them for the dates. COVID really fucked up and delayed vinyl pressing plants. But Warner is to blame for taking our money and just holding it for months. I hate Amazon but at least they won't charge until it ships.

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, The Grohl said:

I don't fault them for the dates. COVID really fucked up and delayed vinyl pressing plants. But Warner is to blame for taking our money and just holding it for months. I hate Amazon but at least they won't charge until it ships.

That doesn't explain the CD's not even being out until Feb. As someone who fell for the 21CB triple vinyl and Trilogy pack... Nope, not happening.

"Pre-order the best record of 2020." - in reality 2021, at some point. They can have my money when it's actually an album release, not two to five months before.

Be sure to use Warnerzon Prime for shipping! It's not next day, oh no, it's "you'll get it at some point, eventually, and it'll be fucked up in shipping, and we'll give you two of the same vinyl in the triple 21CB set..."

EDIT: Oh it gets even funnier; Top of the site; "Holiday deliveries may take longer than usual. Order gifts early for on-time delivery."

"Okay maybe I'll order a shi- THE FUCK THOSE ARE PREORDERS FOR JANUARY?!!"

Yeah I'm out. What a fucking joke.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, purplebenny said:

First listen admittedly.. but this is better than FOAM in pretty much every way.. yes?

Wouldn’t take much in fairness...

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Hermione said:

I was lying in bed listening to the album again last night. MM2020 was a great album but Part 2 transports me to another plane of existence. I have all my favourites (mostly the Fink songs) but all the stuff in between is amazing too, the funny Snoo songs, the Van Gough songs (which are the most classic Network sounding) and the weird experimental ones with minimal lyrics. 

When it goes Respirator (smart commentary but omg the ridiculous voice Snoo puts on has me actually loling) - Squatter (a different but equally ridiculous voice and even more ridiculous song) - That's How They Get You (wtf lol, and autotune!) - Tarantula (the lyrics actually trigger my bad arachnophobia) I can hardly take it!

It's a really nice mix of the three guys and it's so awesome. The Network on a higher level. 

That synth riff or something that appears in the beginning of Degenerate, I wish it was More visible later on in the song, because it's really catchy. I agree that Fink songs are the best. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Tubbie Head said:

The way Tarantula actually makes my skin crawl... 

Fuckin' loving Cancer Is The New Black!

These fuckers..... not funny for a life long arachnophobic to wake up with this bloody song in your head!

Degenerate is just..... so Prince and soooooo sexy 😍

Ok, got time for second listen and I agree with quite of lot the comments, I too like FOAM, wouldn't say its their finest work but somehow it fits into 2020, the short attention span, disposal culture etc but this is fucking awesome!

I love almost all of it, could probably do without Squatter or Hey Elon, sorry Snoo, but I so love Snoo's vocals in Respirator, that la di daddy da da bit is just awesome and hilarious at the same time.  Clever lyrics too with the anti-mask crusader double meaning etc.

I thought from the snippet I wouldn't like Cancer Is The New Black much but I love it and I love that Fink, Snoo and Van Gough all sing on it.

Popper punk - I have no idea why I like it so much, if Fink hypnotising us? :lol:  Are we even sure it's Fink singing?

Jerry Falwell is great, like the lyrics again, love the KTDJ bits and the shame/no shame chorus and backing vocal.

Amnesia Vagabond is so atmospheric.  I love the whole no holds barred, whackiness of it.

I do like it when occasionally Mike and Tre, ooops, sing but while they both clearly can, I think they are pretty one dimensional so it needs to be kept to just now and again, whereas Billie can do so much with his voice, this album shows it, at times he sings sweet and light, at other sexy/growly.

I need to spend longer paying more attention to lyrics etc but what a great and unexpected treat in a shitty year!

FYI - I bought the EP on itunes so was something like £9 to complete the album.  Had to renumber the tracks to make the album run to published order but that's ok.  Had a quick check and the CD is not on Amazon UK to pre-order. 

Edited by jengd
Addition
  • Like 3

I wish I hadn't listened to Tarantula for the first time at midnight whilst lying in bed, in a pitch black room

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Cooking up an alt tracklist of the best stuff on Spotify rn. Still glad to have all the material though. I think they should’ve waited a month and called it Money Money 2021 so thats what I've christened the playlist.

This fuckin goes tho

6 hours ago, Squashie said:

They have posted numerous lyric videos to YouTube. 

Thank GOD!

Edit: Fake news! There's no lyrics on the videos...

2 hours ago, Hermione said:

- Tarantula (the lyrics actually trigger my bad arachnophobia) I can hardly take it!

Yes! Totally did for me too, it's weird how a song can do that. That's definitely the one I'm gonna skip the most 😂

6 hours ago, Laly said:

OMG HE TRICKED US AGAIN!

That's because the current Fink is a clone of the first one, but the original still pulling thw strings.

For vynil, I don't care colors, I just want it to work properly without skips

59 minutes ago, Tubbie Head said:

Yes! Totally did for me too, it's weird how a song can do that. That's definitely the one I'm gonna skip the most 😂

1 hour ago, Ross_19 said:

I wish I hadn't listened to Tarantula for the first time at midnight whilst lying in bed, in a pitch black room

"At your feet in the dark/On the bed when you're asleep/They're out of sight not out of mind/When at night they drink your blood" I had to turn it off 😂. Scary version of Hammer of the Gods

20 minutes ago, Thatsername said:

So if I needed one more proof that FOAM is a fake album (although I like most parts of it), here it is. This is the real Green Day album we never got. It's political, it's clever, it's witty, it's powerful, it has great lyrics, it has everything a great GD album needs, to sum it up: I love it. These are my boys.

And I fucking can't believe they released The Art of the Deal With the Devil on this record, I FUCKING LOVE IT!!!!!

Nah FOAM is a Green Day album and this is a Network album. There's nothing else to it. Just happens to be exceptionally awesome 😍

• Like 3

5 hours ago, The Grohl said:

I honestly don't care about vinyl variants. I just don't want to deal with The Network's dumb ass shipping. I also don't want Warner to have my money for 5 months!

Warner doesn't have The Network tho Network is on "Joe Robot Records"

Just now, WhiteTim said:

Warner doesn't have The Network tho Network is on "Joe Robot Records"

Is it possible that's just some kind of subsidiary of Warner though? Like how they've released stuff on "Jingle Town Records" before but it was still Warner really