Money Money 2020 Part II: We Told Ya So! - Out Friday

A Worry Rock

4 minutes ago, Major Pain said:

Here is a picture of it from the GIF

ezgif-2-8316417e09dd.png

And after I took forever debating which shirts to get

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Squashie said:

They have posted numerous lyric videos to YouTube. 

I see videos but no lyrics.

• Like 2

Dah, I wasn't crazy about the other shirts, but I totally want that one.  Hope they add it soon.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ANTI said:

Even as one of the biggest supporters of the Trilogy and FOAM, I gotta say this album is hands down the best material they have released since 21CB. It truly feels like the culmination of the groovy with a cutting edge sound Billie has been chasing this entire decade, and it works because he's clearly not holding back creatively as he does with Green Day.

You're right on the money. There is some really surprising stuff here, both in the sense that I didn't expect it and in the sense that it's just so damn good at the same time.

Although RevRad will personally always be high on my list, there's no denying that this album brings out so much needed experimentation and creativity from these guys and certainly revives my hope that they can still put out phenomenal material.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, ANTI said:

Even as one of the biggest supporters of the Trilogy and FOAM, I gotta say this album is hands down the best material they have released since 21CB. It truly feels like the culmination of the groovy with a cutting edge sound Billie has been chasing this entire decade, and it works because he's clearly not holding back creatively as he does with Green Day.

The fact the songs like Degenerate, Art of the Deal with the Devil, Cancer is the New Black, Jerry Falwell Pool Party, Fentanyl and Threat Level Midnight are probably FOAM leftovers and didn't make the cut is truly baffling. This album is a proof that they are capable of expanding their classic sound into something much more interesting if they didn't water down all of their experimental tracks.

Jerry Falwell Pool Party was especially surprising, never thought they could pull off the late 90s electronic hip-hop sound so well, reminded me so much of Battleflag by Lo Fidelity Allstars, I would not be surprised if that was their inspiration.

Hopefully the positive reception makes them more confident in their future experiments, because this album just bullied the hell out of FOAM. Until then, Degenerate, Art of the Deal, JFPP, Fentanyl, Digital Black and Cancer are gonna live in my head rent free.

Is there any chance they deliberately underperformed that album just so they could play into the conceit of the Network coming back and upstaging them with an epic release?  Is that too much planning to expect?  Occam's razor?  It would be an impressive long con though.  Everyone did think FOAM was intentionally mediocre to stick it to Warner.  Maybe they were sticking it to themselves and this is the punchline?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Is there any chance they deliberately underperformed that album just so they could play into the conceit of the Network coming back and upstaging them with an epic release?  Is that too much planning to expect?  Occam's razor?  It would be an impressive long con though.  Everyone did think FOAM was intentionally mediocre to stick it to Warner.  Maybe they were sticking it to themselves and this is the punchline?

I was having similar thoughts. I suppose this is what I choose to believe

36 minutes ago, Laly said:

First thing I saw were those trading cards and I need them. Never wanted anything sillier in my life but this is The Network.

Not ashamed to say I bought 2, to open one and display and to keep one sealed. 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Love 2

1 minute ago, Red said:

Due to the numerous covid refrences in the album I stand by my theory that this probably wasn't originally going to be a thing until everything went down and shows got cancelled, you know the story. Overall I am over the moon happy that it panned out the way it did, because I would take an album with numerous great songs over a cringe FOB and Weezer tour anyday 😂

Me too honestly.  Now all we need is a Network tour and I'm happy

2 minutes ago, Herroon said:

I was having similar thoughts. I suppose this is what I choose to believe

I mean it is a really funny idea, this notion of a battle of the bands against themselves

• Like 2
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, Red said:

You're right on the money. There is some really surprising stuff here, both in the sense that I didn't expect it and in the sense that it's just so damn good at the same time.

Although RevRad will personally always be high on my list, there's no denying that this album brings out so much needed experimentation and creativity from these guys and certainly revives my hope that they can still put out phenomenal material.

Yeah, what I especially love about this album is how you can clearly hear the influences behind the sounds (like the Prince, Bowie-esque or Depeche Mode inspired songs), but with an special twist that makes them own it. I truly believe they can deliver another masterful album after this.

6 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

I mean, we're talking about the same band that released a trilogy just to make a punchline, if anyone would do such a dumbass move for a joke, it's them

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

With every minute (and listen) that goes by, I'm more and more inclined to just buy the vinyl off their site opposed to waiting to see if there's a coloured version in the future...

I just don't want to be on the hunt for it in the future ya know? Hmmmmm

I’m loving it. Automatically Theory of reality, Asphyxia, Pool Party, and deal with the devil stand out to me. Mostly Billie sung songs. Ah so good.

Notice how Art of the deal has that same cowboy guitar feel that the intro of Take the money and crawl has. 

• Like 1

I'll probably pass on buying a physical version. Way too many awful songs. I'll make a playlist that looks like this:

1. The Prophecy

2. Theory Of Reality

3. Trans Am

4. Fentanyl

5. Ivankkka Is A Nazi

6. Digital Black

7. Carolina's Ultimate Netflix Tweet

8. Tarantula

9. Heard Immunity

10. Time Capsule

11. Threat Level Midnight

Everything else I never need to hear again. I'd give it a 5/10 overall. I'd give the first record an 8.5/10.

Listening all the way through now.  The mix of catchy pop songs and silly short ones reminds me a lot of albums from They Might Be Giants

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Laly said:

First thing I saw were those trading cards and I need them. Never wanted anything sillier in my life but this is The Network.

Yeah I totally bought those trading cards :lol:

• Haha 2

42 minutes ago, Freezing Melons said:

With every minute (and listen) that goes by, I'm more and more inclined to just buy the vinyl off their site opposed to waiting to see if there's a coloured version in the future...

I just don't want to be on the hunt for it in the future ya know? Hmmmmm

It doesn’t appear to be limited. I’m waiting at least until/if other stores carry this to see if there are any variants.

• Like 1

Welp, couldn't wait. Just bought the cards, a CD, and a digital copy on iTunes.

Forget vehicles! The Network is fucking my bank account!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Imagine if The Network was behind those monoliths in the US that keep popping up. Would be hilarious.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2