Money Money 2020 Part II: We Told Ya So! - Out Friday

A Worry Rock

Just now, Train27 said:

yeah but, old or not, why do they need to "look" good. They are having fun during a time where there is no fun...

Not saying they do... I just think it makes to sense to think "ok we're a bunch of dads we have to play butt rock or we'll look uncool." that doesn't work!

1 minute ago, Beerjeezus said:

Not saying they do... I just think it makes to sense to think "ok we're a bunch of dads we have to play butt rock or we'll look uncool." that doesn't work!

You're right..

4 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

Honestly, old men aren't cool no matter what they do. It's hard to look cool when you look like everybody's dad.

Mick and Keith never stopped being cool.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Paxton said:

Mick and Keith never stopped being cool.

Corey Taylor is AMAZINGLY cool... i agree with you too

• Like 1

They clearly did bad choices for FOAM songs... Degenerate, Fentanyl, Cancer is the New Black, Jerry and other songs from $$2 would fit better for a "fresh Green Day style" as they wanted

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dudley dawson said:

I really like the Astro prism long sleeve shirt and the hoodie with the album cover on the back. But I do agree with you on the other t-shirt being essentially ruined with the album title on it lol.

Does it bother anyone else that none of the clothing has Z, Captain Underpants, or Balducci on it besides 1 shirt? Even then, you can barely make them out on it. The clothing from back in 2003 had everyone on it except Balducci of course.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

Honestly, old men aren't cool no matter what they do. It's hard to look cool when you look like everybody's dad.

*RDJ has entered the chat*

3 minutes ago, Paxton said:

Does it bother anyone else that none of the clothing has Z, Captain Underpants, or Balducci on it besides 1 shirt? Even then, you can barely make them out on it. The clothing from back in 2003 had everyone on it except Balducci of course.

Yes. I'm pissed about it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

When you guys say it could be a hit or it wouldn't be popular, are you talking about Hot 100 or mainstream? Because of course no rock song will appear on there again unless things really change. Machine Gun Kelly couldn't even crack those with the pop punk album he just put out. Success for a single or album is charting high in rock and alternative, and getting the album to chart pretty high in general. That's still "popular" on a lesser scale.

42 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

And besides, what is the point of a producer?  Where the hell was Butch Walker when they recorded Degenerate?  Isn't it his job to say Billie this song is amazing and it really should be a single?

Billie Joe definitely wants to explore this sound more.   But will GREEN DAY 14 have the sonic bravery of this second Network album, or are they purging beforehand to make a tried and true Green Day banger?      

I personally am hoping the weirdness continues.    They've cemented their legacy and there is no reason for them to play it safe, ever.     We could be on the verge of a Billie Joe Renaissance period where he just can't stop producing song even if he wanted to.     Weird song titles forever now! 

And if the record company tells him no, he can walk away, put a mask on, or whatever he wants to do.  

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Billie Joes Eyelids said:

When you guys say it could be a hit or it wouldn't be popular, are you talking about Hot 100 or mainstream? Because of course no rock song will appear on there again unless things really change. Machine Gun Kelly couldn't even crack those with the pop punk album he just put out. Success for a single or album is charting high in rock and alternative, and getting the album to chart pretty high in general. That's still "popular" on a lesser scale.

Most alternative today sounds like pop to my older ears but is still considered outside of the Hot 100, so I don't know.  I certainly think Degenerate would have been an alternative hit, harder to crack the Hot 100 next to what else is out there unless you get really lucky and people just latch on to it.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, That Dude said:

Who am IIIIIIIIIIIIII???????

oooooh man, that's chilling.   

And while this has nothing to do with the answer to that chilling question, here's a tidbit for you.    If you replace "flat earth" with "Mike Dirnt" it sound pretty good, and I just may write one like that.  

Mike Dirnt / Mike Dirnt / He's totally gone / if you think he's come back you're totally wrong

Mike Dirnt / Mike Dirnt / got fired from his band  /  if you think his bass slaps you haven't heard OUR BAND 

WHO AM IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

Hey when are we making a record together?

• Like 1
  • Love 1

The record is great. Is unfair to compare it with a predecessor who had 17 years to be accepted.

But, a record full of Theory of realities, threat level midnights and cancer is the new blacks would be a kickass Green Day record. After all, most people just need a certain musical pattern. That would be Insomniac 2020, haha

• Like 2

I'm so happy for the people who will listen this album for the first time in a couple of hours. Damn that was quite an experience this morning.

• Like 3

Finally was able to listen (thank you kind leak sharer)- this is awesome.  Billie's songs are largely my favorites (especially Fentanyl, Ivankka, Carolina, and Cancer), Mike's are the most "Networky", and admittedly, I went in not having high expectations for Tre's jokey songs, but other than Hey Elon and Squatter, liked his as well (still think he's the weakest vocally though; only other song I was meh on was Amnesia).  I liked it better than MM2020; that one took awhile for me to like (with the exception of a handful of songs); this one was automatic.  That could be because I knew more what to expect.  Still can't quite tell if Popper Punk is Mike or Billie; my money's on Billie, especially because of the voice on the word nitrate.  I do wish a number of these songs were longer; Heard Immunity ends right when it's getting good.  Art of the Deal of the Devil reminds me a bit of Tainted Love.  I like how they both start and end the album with the Gorillaz laugh.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, That Dude said:

Who am IIIIIIIIIIIIII???????

oooooh man, that's chilling.   

And while this has nothing to do with the answer to that chilling question, here's a tidbit for you.    If you replace "flat earth" with "Mike Dirnt" it sound pretty good, and I just may write one like that.  

Mike Dirnt / Mike Dirnt / He's totally gone / if you think he's come back you're totally wrong

Mike Dirnt / Mike Dirnt / got fired from his band  /  if you think his bass slaps you haven't heard OUR BAND 

WHO AM IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

I love your brain, man.

I wish I could be half as creative as you.

• Like 3

I don’t post often, but fuck me sideways ‘Jerry Falwell’s Pool Party’ is absolutely Top 5 Coolest shit Green Day has ever done. It’s totally got ‘Clint Eastwood’ and Gorillaz overtones through the whole thing....AND EJN & KTDJ lyrics basically rapped in an English accent?

My body was not ready. Not to mention Tre’s songs?! Flat Earth is his best ever and Respirator is absolute comedy gold.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Montclare said:

still think he's the weakest vocally though

I'd agree with this, but I feel like he could really surprise us if he wanted to. 

From what I've heard from him, he's got a pretty average range, he can definitely carry a tune, and his voice is pretty versatile. Maybe if he'd stop fucking around and show off, we could get a better assessment.

And Popper Punk is Billie. 

5 minutes ago, Greenday_Aussie said:

I don’t post often, but fuck me sideways ‘Jerry Falwell’s Pool Party’ is absolutely Top 5 Coolest shit Green Day has ever done. It’s totally got ‘Clint Eastwood’ and Gorillaz overtones through the whole thing....AND EJN & KTDJ lyrics basically rapped in an English accent?

There's no accent in that song. (Unless you wanna call it an American accent, but that's just normal Billie Fink).

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MarriedtoMikeDirnt said:

I'd agree with this, but I feel like he could really surprise us if he wanted to. 

Form what I've heard from him, he's got a pretty average range, he can definitely carry a tune, and his voice is pretty versatile. Maybe if he'd stop fucking around and show off, we could get a better assessment.

There's no accent in that song. (Unless you wanna call it an American accent, but that's just normal Billie Fink).

Im definitely not hearing his normal American accent, he’s basically talking through the song...he’s leaning into something at least.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MarriedtoMikeDirnt said:

Yeah, I think so too.  I could have sworn I saw someone here say Mike, but I might be thinking of another song.

• Like 1

Not listened yet but just looking at the store and can't understand why it's all pre-order when the album comes out today. All these pre-orders are getting kinda stupid. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rumpelstiltskin2000 said:

Not listened yet but just looking at the store and can't understand why it's all pre-order when the album comes out today. All these pre-orders are getting kinda stupid. 

Which store??

• Like 1