Money Money 2020 Part II: We Told Ya So! - Out Friday

A Worry Rock

There‘s so much stuff on this record 😂 Digging Jerry Falwell’s Pool Party like hell atm

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, HAPPY FINKING UNICORN said:

The verses of Theory of reality really sounds like something tho, but I can’t figure out what. It’s bugging me to death. 

You mean the ''You sold your soul to..'' part that sounds like ''Oh bless me Lord for I have sinned'' from East Jesus Nowhere?

19 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Who would buy a scented candle that smells like burnt rubber? 🤮

I was thinking that too lol like who tf came up with this??

Okay here are my thoughts after my first listen:

A lot of these songs are super creative and also very fun and full of energy. I think there are too many joke songs; they gave Snoo too much creative input. But even with that, there's still a solid full album in there.

My highlights:

The Prophecy - Just goofy and fun

Theory of Reality - Fun early GD sound, pure pop punk

Trans Am - Love the riff, so groovy

Fentanyl - Such a great song to drive to. Can't wait for a warm summer night to play this one in the car.

Ivankkka - Definitely grew on me. I love the transition part especially.

Digital Black - That short ending is MOOTIK-esque and I wish the whole song was like that. The guitar solo is also sick and sounds like Take the Money and Crawl.

Degenerate - Very FOAMy and definitely a "sexy" GD song, probably their sexist since the Wild One solo

Carolina's Ultimate Netflix Tweet - Definitely Ramones-esque...that choral hook is so sweet

Tarantula - A GOOD joke song. Will be great for Halloween

Cancer is the New Black - Love the energy and how funky and hard it is. Also love the throwback 90s Billie "ALRIIIIGHTT."

Jerry Falwell's Pool Party - Now this is a cool sound from the band. Love the groovey 90s hip-hop vibe. I don't know why they did it, but the Kill the DJ lyrics are funny.

Threat Level Midnight - Just a banger. Knew I loved it from the teaser and it exceeded the hype. Seems the teaser edited some of the song and is different from the full version. That bridge (which sounds like a chorus with that insane hook) is probably an all-time GD great. Also a great example of them not doing paint by the numbers songwriting, as it hits in unexpected ways. Not an "easy A" as they call it.

Amnesia Vagabond - Love the operatic nature of this

Art of the Deal With the Devil - Another great song with a unique sound. So dark and gritty.

Overall, so many unique tunes. Already going on repeat. I'll hold my final takes until it sinks in a bit. Don't want to be a prisoner of the moment.

• Like 4

Just now, Mato said:

You mean the ''You sold your soul to..'' part that sounds like ''Oh bless me Lord for I have sinned'' from East Jesus Nowhere?

No, the first part of the verse melody (When the nuclear bomb landed in Ohio etc.)sounds like something... but damn I can’t grasp it... think it might be an Italian song, no fucking clue 😂

• Like 1

I like Amnesia Vagabond, but it's so out of place. It definitely doesn't belong on MM2020pt2. It kills the whole vibe.

23 minutes ago, HAPPY FINKING UNICORN said:

Was not expecting this. Theory of reality, CUNT and Cancer is the new black are close to surpassing Ivankkka as my favorites. Love this record. 
The verses of Theory of reality really sounds like something tho, but I can’t figure out what. It’s bugging me to death. 

Sounds like an old folk song to me. These guys did a pretty good cover.

But seriously.. If a nuke is going to land in Ohio, I'm moving to California..

• Love 1

3 minutes ago, Otis Big said:

Sounds like an old folk song to me. These guys did a pretty good cover.

Ah fuck me, here it is 😂

Edit: or maybe not, I still think there’s something even closer... damn I’ll figure it out one day. 

The Snoo is so good in this album!! Hey Elon is sweet!

LMAO IS BI-I MEAN FINK DOING A BRITTISH ACCENT IN POPPER PUNK? :lol: This is amazing!!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, HAPPY FINKING UNICORN said:

Ah fuck me, here it is 😂

I think (pretty much) opening the album with something like this pays a certain homage that I appreciate.

• Like 1

Why does Jerry Falwell sound like it's from Panicland? I think it's the vocal effects used. I love this one so much tho!! GROOVY AF! This album is amazing!

• Love 1

Here's my analysis of Theory of Reality:

(Other than the fact that it sounds like a wannabe Ramones song)

The riff sounds a bit like In the Hall of the Mountain King.

The singing in the verse sounds like another classical piece that I can't remember the name of (it's by some Russian guy and it's a march or something).

I can't compare the chorus to a classical piece, but it's sounds very Ramones. 

35 minutes ago, Brian said:

Time Capsule has the same opening riff as Scottie Doesn't Know

Haven’t got to that track yet, but this has made me look forward to it 100 X more.

EuroTrip 😍

Popper Punk makes me laugh so hard because it makes me think of a similar abomination created by my friends. The difference is that they didn't put it out on a vinyl :P

• Haha 3

46 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Who would buy a scented candle that smells like burnt rubber? 🤮

Someone who’s trying to seduce a Motorcar 😂.

”My Future lover is a motorcar” - Trans Am

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, Alan86 said:

Someone who’s trying to seduce a Motorcar 😂.

”My Future lover is a motorcar” - Trans Am

"The Pon­ti­ac ‘Trans Am’ may well be the sex­i­est machine ever cre­at­ed by man and there­fore we should fuck them." -- Mongo Fink

Well at least he creates a romantic atmosphere first 😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 3