Money Money 2020 Part II: We Told Ya So! - Out Friday

A Worry Rock

3 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

It's so good! 

CUNT sounds most Green Day so far imo

Yeah CUNT is the more Green Day-ish by far.
Theory of Reality too.

The only song I can't stand is Popper Punk.

2 minutes ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

Yeah CUNT is the more Green Day-ish by far.
Theory of Reality too.

The only song I can't stand is Popper Punk.

Agreed about Theory. I still haven't heard Popper Punk.

Squatter is a funny little song. That's How They Get You sounds like something you make out of excitement right after installing Ableton :lol: I like the riff though. Very 80s

1 minute ago, Beerjeezus said:

I still haven't heard Popper Punk.

Tell me when you're here lol. I'm curious about your opinion on this one.
My guess for the FOAM B-Side: Art of the Deal; Cancer is the new black; CUNT; Theory of Reality

5 minutes ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

My guess for the FOAM B-Side: Art of the Deal; Cancer is the new black; CUNT; Theory of Reality

I don't know how to process the fact that they wrote a song about poppers

I could say something obvious involving a certain super massive space object

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Beerjeezus said:

But do they really think about it this way? I mean, if they decide to put less effort into their music, because more effort doesn’t generate more money (so why bother), it’s no one else’s fault but their own.

They may not think of it this way at all, or it’s something you’re aware of in the back of your head and writing complex songs is hard so who knows what conscious effect it has. I can tell you there are other artists who definitely consider this when putting out music today, particularly ones that don’t have a legacy discography to fall back on to make income and need to work the system to maximize their revenue. So Green Day may not need to do it, but when others do it creates a “trend” of many tracks of short songs that listeners get accustomed to hearing and then everyone just follows that trend.  

41 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

This album sounds like FOAM's ballsier bigger brother

Network > Green Day basically 😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Can we all agree that this is so much better than FOAM even not for the content but the sound and ideas

Edited by furiorocks
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

They may not think of it this way at all, or it’s something you’re aware of in the back of your head and writing complex songs is hard so who knows what conscious effect it has. I can tell you there are other artists who definitely consider this when putting out music today, particularly ones that don’t have a legacy discography to fall back on to make income and need to work the system to maximize their revenue. So Green Day may not need to do it, but when others do it creates a “trend” of many tracks of short songs that listeners get accustomed to hearing and then everyone just follows that trend.  

Network > Green Day basically 😂

Yeah it sure is intertwined into how trends come into being. And if not artists, producers and recording companies certainly care.

Honestly this album is A LOT for my brain to take in. :lol: Heard Immunity is surprisingly good. I expected a joke song. Threat Level is another more rocknroll one.

18 minutes ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

Fentanyl and Degenerate too, I guess

What's funny about this album is that it's not gonna be forgotten soon. 
I seriously think they can make a tour of this record eventually. With MM2020 in 2003 with no social media it wasn't very popular. But now something is happening.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

Just now, Little Boy Named Booze said:

What's funny about this album is that it's not gonna be forgotten soon. 
I seriously think they can make a tour of this record eventually. With MM2020 in 2003 with no social media it wasn't very popular. But now something is happening.

i guess they will play this "the network" card until things can go full-active again in the green day world (in other words, when the pandemic is truly over and they can play their shows)

Art Of The Deal probably didn't make it on FOAM due to sounding too close to Junkies on the high. Too bad. I wouldn't have complained

I can't wait to be able to read the lyrics. The vocals tend to be buried in the mix so I find it hard to make out the words

I'm almost over on my 2nd listen. 
How much times will I listen to this album today? 
giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, furiorocks said:

Can we all agree that this is so much better than FOAM even not for the content but the sound and ideas

hardly.. for real?

• Like 1

Do not post, ask for or offer download links here please. I'm just hiding any posts asking for it for now, if people continue it'll be warnings.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1