Holo Mega Tour 2021

Beerjeezus

3 hours ago, The Grohl said:

Livestream are no replacement for concerts but with everything up in the air, I would be thrilled if Green Day did a livestream show. It's at least something while we're going through this drought.

Oh, don't get me wrong. I'd be happy with one too. Just not as a replacement to an actual tour I was anticipating so much.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, IcyMoffatt said:

Some artists offered some hologram concerts in the past and they still managed to get all (near) sold out shows.

Wow, they must have some very easily swindled fans.

But really, there is no problem with waiting until there is a widely available, safe vaccine for this thing. Even if it takes until like 2022. Any Green Day fan will be dying to see them live despite the album having been released how ever many years prior. Also, knowing GD, they will have new content for us by then as well and a tour would be even more epic and worthwhile.

I’ve seen two new tours advertised for Autumn next year, not massive ones (Black Stone Cherry and Blondie/Garbage) which surprised me a little so I guess life is going on. Not sure why they have the confidence to announce new stuff at this point, unless the industry is just rolling along and changes have been made in case you need to cancel?

5 hours ago, jengd said:

I’ve seen two new tours advertised for Autumn next year, not massive ones (Black Stone Cherry and Blondie/Garbage) which surprised me a little so I guess life is going on. Not sure why they have the confidence to announce new stuff at this point, unless the industry is just rolling along and changes have been made in case you need to cancel?

Disney announced their new movie is coming to theaters in March 2021. I was just like “o rly?” :lol: There’s no way, unless they release it simultaneously to buy on Disney+, that they’ll do it without maximum capacity theaters for maximum money. And I just don’t think we’ll be there yet. At least not in the USA. 

• 2 months later...
7 hours ago, jengd said:

I can hardly believe the tour will start in Asia in March as planned with recent developments. 🙁

Surely those early shows in Asia will be postponed again? Japan and Taiwan that I know of have closed their borders this week 

There's no way those shows will be happening. I think we can expect an announcement early in the new year.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Not to be a mod but this is the Holo Mega thread about the rumored hologram tour. May want to move this talk to the actual Hella Mega tour thread because I’m sure there will be more to talk about soon as the Asia dates get closer

https://www.greendaycommunity.org/topic/102746-hella-mega-tour-with-weezer-fall-out-boy-postponed/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Not to be a mod but this is the Holo Mega thread about the rumored hologram tour. May want to move this talk to the actual Hella Mega tour thread because I’m sure there will be more to talk about soon as the Asia dates get closer

https://www.greendaycommunity.org/topic/102746-hella-mega-tour-with-weezer-fall-out-boy-postponed/

I totally read Holo as Hella. :lol: I'm sure others did as well. But yes, the rest of this conversation can take place in the Hella Mega thread:

Edit: and you posted the link just as I quoted you, thanks!

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Lindsay said:

I totally read Holo as Hella. :lol: I'm sure others did as well. But yes, the rest of this conversation can take place in the Hella Mega thread:

Edit: and you posted the link just as I quoted you, thanks!

So has the the whole hologram idea been scrapped? Please say yes.

1 minute ago, BillieMyLove said:

So has the the whole hologram idea been scrapped? Please say yes.

I have no idea, but god I hope so. It would be so awful. :lol: 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Sorry, my fault, totally forgot this thread even existed and misread the title!

Do you know what, I would probably take a “holo tour” over nothing in 2021!