Holo Mega Tour 2021

Beerjeezus

I know how weird this sounds but I got a source in the events industry according to whom Holo Mega might be considered to replace Hella Mega in case travel still will be complicated in the coming years. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

I know how weird this sounds but I got a source in the events industry according to whom Holo Mega might be considered to replace Hella Mega in case travel still will be complicated in the coming years. 

Wait, Holo like in hologram? I am very confused LOL.

If people could pack into a live space to see them, why would you need holograms?  Just to avoid the need for the band and crew to travel? And if it was streamed virtually they could also appear live. Holograms are for dead people. This is just bizarre. Sounds like a joke suggestion somebody made.

• Like 1

They could just do a cool virtual tour with livestreams if Hella Mega can't happen. Tickets would be much cheaper too. I wouldn't mind paying for that.

• Like 1

Holo Molo Tolo.

Fantasy is better than reality anyway. It could allow everyone to have the perfect view.  

Heck, you could be on stage with them.  Interact with the band.  Backstage passes for all.

Want to hear King for a Day 50 times in a row instead of good songs? Hit that replay button!.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Beerjeezus said:

What, shown at a drive in cinema type set up?  Could work but I think there are lots of countries, UK included, that don’t have the drive in set up, but maybe it will come.

1 hour ago, pacejunkie punk said:

If people could pack into a live space to see them, why would you need holograms?  Just to avoid the need for the band and crew to travel? And if it was streamed virtually they could also appear live. Holograms are for dead people. This is just bizarre. Sounds like a joke suggestion somebody made.

Total agreement. The problem is packing in fans, not the band. A livestream with like a drive-in makes more sense; lots of concerts are being held that way. 

3 hours ago, Beerjeezus said:

I mean, holograms are still a way to avoid actually seeing Fall Out Boy in person so I’m good.

It's been a long time since you didn't shit talk about them 😂

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

To keep the celebrities safe of course. The peasants can deal with it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I just assumed it would be to let them and their whole crews avoid all the different quarantine issues, especially in Europe right now.  Every country has different measures and you can hardly run a big tour if you need to quarantine for 14 days each time you change country!

17 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Nah you reckon?

I hope this is a joke. No way in hell I'm buying $250 tickets to see a damn hologram. I had a plan to get my hind quarters on stage and everything. If I don't get to hug Mike Dirnt, I will be livid.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

This would be as stupid as telling kids they're going to be "graduating virtually" and expecting them to be OK with it.

• Like 4

I hope it doesn't happen, because people paid a fortune to see the bands live. They certainly don't want holograms!

Unfortunately, it might happen if there is no solution against the virus. The tour can't start, for example, in 5 years from now when the album came out earlier this year.

Some artists offered some hologram concerts in the past and they still managed to get all (near) sold out shows.

Story of the Year is doing live streamed concerts for 3 of their albums (playing each one in full). A digital ticket for one show is $15 USD and it is live - no pre-recorded crap.

Here is the link to more information about it. Their next show is Oct 29.
https://ghostsignal.co/

I saw some insta stories from their first live streamed concert and it sounded really good. I did not purchase but have been tempted.

If it timing is delayed further, I could maybe see GD doing something like this, but I think it's a low possibility.

• Like 2

Livestream are no replacement for concerts but with everything up in the air, I would be thrilled if Green Day did a livestream show. It's at least something while we're going through this drought.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, The Grohl said:

Livestream are no replacement for concerts but with everything up in the air, I would be thrilled if Green Day did a livestream show. It's at least something while we're going through this drought.

I agree. It's definitely not a replacement, but it's a way to get to the fans.

• Like 1