No Fun Mondays

Little Boy Named Booze

I didn't listened to Billie Joe and I tried to put my arms around a memory.
I didn't work. Billie is right.

• Like 1

I asked them about estimed time to receive the LPs from supplier and got this answer:

"Unfortunately, we haven't been given a specific time frame as to when we will be receiving stock from our supplier." 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

I was Christmas shopping on Amazon and it recommended this to me so I bought the CD on a whim. It arrived, looking forward to unwrapping it on Christmas Day. Shame about the vinyl for all you guys though. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, jengd said:

Not sure what the problem can be, saw the vinyl in HMV today!

Yea my local record shop still has it, blue vinyl, just not the glow-in-the-dark cover. If another month or so passes and they still have it, I may just have to pick it up if we haven't heard anything from Warner.

• Like 2

Did anyone in Canada pre-ordered the cd? If yes, did you receive it?

I did preorder one and I still have not received it. UPS website tells me it has arrived in Canada on December 8th, but then nothing. I've figured out while using UPS FAQ page that my cd had been transfered to US postal service. USPS web site tells me my cd arrived in Vancouver on December 4th, but it didn't move since then. I've used the USPS tracking number on Canada Post web site and it can't be found. It has been 14 days since it has arrived in Vancouver! I understand there can be delays due to Christmas and Covid, but it souldn't take that long. I'm affraid my order has been lost since Canada Post can't track it.

4 minutes ago, IcyMoffatt said:

I did preorder one and I still have not received it. UPS website tells me it has arrived in Canada on December 8th, but then nothing. I've figured out while using UPS FAQ page that my cd had been transfered to US postal service. USPS web site tells me my cd arrived in Vancouver on December 4th, but it didn't move since then. I've used the USPS tracking number on Canada Post web site and it can't be found. It has been 14 days since it has arrived in Vancouver! I understand there can be delays due to Christmas and Covid, but it souldn't take that long. I'm affraid my order has been lost since Canada Post can't track it.

Yes I'm from Quebec and I received it 2 weeks ago.

2 hours ago, IcyMoffatt said:

Contact UPS and/or USPS via phone or go to your local post and see if they can figure out where it is/why it hasn't moved.

I know/understand your frustration. I have had packages that were supposed to take 3-day's USPS take 20 days. UPS, FedEx and USPS are just overwhelmed right now between normal shipping plus holiday and covid shipping.

Can we get a Volume 2?

Billie Joe Armstrong - No Fuck Fridays

1. Holiday Road (Lindsay Buckingham)

2. There She Goes (The La's)

3. More Than This (Roxy Music)

4. Shape Of My Heart (Sting)

5. The World Is Not Enough (Garbage)

6. Here Comes Your Man (Pixies)

7. When Tomorrow Comes (Eurythmics) 

8. The Power of Love (Huey Lewis & The News)

9. Red Red Wine (UB40)

10. Girl, You'll Be A Woman Soon (Urge Overkill)

• Love 1

I want to add that despite already having listened to the songs (and making my own compilation of covers from here and there) when I listen to the whole record as it is, it's such a happy feeling from a special gift that Billie gave us. One I didn't like so much was "Amico" but that is the only song that when I listen to it now it gives me goosebumps. I don't know Italian, but I can tell is a cheerful song, and with his voice, well... ♥ So to me this is the transcendent one, since he's doing something new, he plays all the instruments, and the result is wonderful. Hopefully it isn't something he would do just once. :happy: 

• Like 4
  • Surprised 1

On 12/19/2020 at 8:32 AM, jumpsalty said:

Had an email reply finally to say it’s in the warehouse ready to be shipped, so let’s see

Uk store? 

• Like 1

I received my email saying that my LP has been shipped from the UK store. There's no indication of when it'll be delivered (I'm in Canada so 9-14 days), but hopefully I can ring in the new year with another LP in my collection.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Freezing Melons said:

I received my email saying that my LP has been shipped from the UK store. There's no indication of when it'll be delivered (I'm in Canada so 9-14 days), but hopefully I can ring in the new year with another LP in my collection.

Me too, finally! It have a tracking number? I didn't found.

I'm in the UK and mine arrived yesterday. Cover looks like it's supposed to glow in the dark but sadly doesn't :(

• Sad 2

Our country‘s biggest radio station played Billie Joe‘s Kids in America already more often than all the FOAM songs together 😅 but I‘m really glad that No Fun Mondays also gets recognition in Europe!

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Rumpelstiltskin2000 said:

I'm in the UK and mine arrived yesterday. Cover looks like it's supposed to glow in the dark but sadly doesn't :(

You might have to leave it under light for a day for it to glow.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Squashie said:

You might have to leave it under light for a day for it to glow.

Will give that a try

Quite fun that I ordered a record from the EU store with tracked mail service, and I am getting a package with over a month delay, without a tracking code and from the UK, risking to have to pay Brexit customs 39.gif

• Sad 1

On 12/21/2020 at 12:52 PM, legendary said:

Me too, finally! It have a tracking number? I didn't found.

I didn't see one - and I'm away from my place for a few days over the holidays, so we'll see what happens...

So I got my NFM webstore exclusives (US) on December 23rd and a friend of mine only got the shipping notification a few days ago, but I'm not sure if he ordered from the UK or US store. I guess from the UK one.

My cd finally came in the mail yesterday! It seems Canada Post never scanned the tracking number since it arrived in Vancouver from the US. It is still telling me that my package is in Vancouver while I have it right now at home in Montreal. I'm so glad to have it now! I thought my package was lost since December 4th.

• Like 1