No Fun Mondays

Little Boy Named Booze

Just listened to this project through for the first time today, the songs sound good together, but it started to feel a little one note in the second half.
Still happy this project exists, and still look forward to listening the vinyl from the UK store,
when it comes

if it comes.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Freezing Melons said:

Just listened to this project through for the first time today, the songs sound good together, but it started to feel a little one note in the second half.
Still happy this project exists, and still look forward to listening the vinyl from the UK store,
when it comes

if it comes.

I actually feel the same. I like all the covers but since Billie stays true to the originals things start to sound the same after a while.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, jengd said:

I think I was enjoying it more before MM2020 pt 2 - it's nice and chill and then I've been listening to the techno, spacey madness, makes this seem a little tame now.  Damn The Network.  

A team up could be cool. 

Billie Joe and Van Gough should do a song together. 

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, jengd said:

I think I was enjoying it more before MM2020 pt 2 - it's nice and chill and then I've been listening to the techno, spacey madness, makes this seem a little tame now.  Damn The Network.  

They've ruined me for any other band.  It's the mind control embedded in the music

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, BillieMyLove said:

So I preordered the CD on Amazon last month and the expected arrival date is in a couple of days but it still hasn't shipped yet. :(

That’s weird. I pre-ordered mine from there and got it on release day. That’s usually the deal with a pre-order. The good news is they have so many distribution centers that it is possible for them to ship and have it arrive in 1-2 days.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, legendary said:

Have anyone tried to contact GD UK Store to ask about NFM pre order vinyl?

I haven't yet - still kind of bummed that it hasn't shipped yet. Like, what's the hold up?

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, legendary said:

Have anyone tried to contact GD UK Store to ask about NFM pre order vinyl?

Twice, no response yet. But they’re advertising Christmas time delivery on their uk store which is rich coming from someone who can’t send out a preordered item in time 

37 minutes ago, The Grohl said:

Warner doesn't seem to know what "pre-order" means.

At the beginning of the year, I pre-ordered an album by Creeper. They're signed to Roadrunner/Warner. Album comes out in July. Everyone starts getting their vinyl...except me. I contact their store. Once. Twice. Three times. I finally get a response only for someone to tell me "Your order was delayed until August 21st."

...WHY? This is why I pre-ordered. And to make it worse, it was from the American store.

Ready for the kicker?

I finally get my vinyl...it's fucking damaged. It skips and pops. I contact them. Hey, can you send me another one? 

No, we're unable to because it's sold out. EXCUSE. ME. WHY DON"T YOU HAVE MORE?!

Okay then, so can I get a refund? 

Yes, but we're have to send you a payment. We can't put it back on your card because the order is more than 6 months old.

ae476d8033bcf74d4a8dbad7741eaeaa.gif

They have to Paypal me a refund and I had to rebuy the album from a record shop in the UK.

Warner fucking sucks when it comes to this. 

I think that’s the logistical difficulties of selling vinyl these days when you don’t want to end up with a warehouse of unsold inventory. They’re trying to maximize their profit on what really is a niche item that isn’t going to sell a whole lot. Manufacturing takes months with hardly any industry left and you only order an amount based on your pre-sales. Maybe they had a few extra to cover damaged returns or not, but you don’t want too many and if there’s a problem in the manufacturing process you can have an unexpected amount of returns. It’s all tricky I don’t know how companies do it.  What’s ironic is selling records used to be their literal business but physical copies are not where the profit is any more.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

I think that’s the logistical difficulties of selling vinyl these days when you don’t want to end up with a warehouse of unsold inventory. They’re trying to maximize their profit on what really is a niche item that isn’t going to sell a whole lot. Manufacturing takes months with hardly any industry left and you only order an amount based on your pre-sales. Maybe they had a few extra to cover damaged returns or not, but you don’t want too many and if there’s a problem in the manufacturing process you can have an unexpected amount of returns. It’s all tricky I don’t know how companies do it.  What’s ironic is selling records used to be their literal business but physical copies are not where the profit is any more.

It's strange though because they "sold-out" during the pre-sale which makes me think that they did have a definite number of these produced.
What's even stranger is the that most the people who ordered off the American site seem to have got theirs on time - just those who ordered from the UK site are left in the dark.

• Like 1

That's what gets me. In my case, how the hell was my order delayed when I had it pre-ordered for 6 months? And I've only had this problem with Warner. And even then it was similar to NFM but the other way around. Everyone who ordered from the UK store got theirs the same week of release. I ordered from the US store and had it delayed for a month. It's just weird. This is why I really want the Network album to appear on different sites. I don't want to deal with Warner if I don't have to.

• Like 4

Yea, I'm hoping to hear soon. I've been tracking the inventory of the Baby Blue Indie version (without glow in the dark) at my local record shop. They have a few in stock, but if they drop down to 1 and I still have heard nothing, I'm tempted to pick it up from them to be safe...might be overkill. Regardless, hoping we hear back from the UK store soon!

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, The Grohl said:

That's what gets me. In my case, how the hell was my order delayed when I had it pre-ordered for 6 months? And I've only had this problem with Warner. And even then it was similar to NFM but the other way around. Everyone who ordered from the UK store got theirs the same week of release. I ordered from the US store and had it delayed for a month. It's just weird. This is why I really want the Network album to appear on different sites. I don't want to deal with Warner if I don't have to.

Yes, I agree and am a bit worried about my order for the Network CD,  I had a full on row with Warner over Uno.  The site said “guaranteed delivery on release date” and mine was a week late.  It was actually manufactured in Germany and was still there the night before release!  I did complain but it was pointless! 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Just now, jengd said:

Yes, I agree and am a bit worried about my order for the Network CD,  I had a full on row with Warner over Uno.  The site said “guaranteed delivery on release date” and mine was a week late.  It was actually manufactured in Germany and was still there the night before release!  I did complain but it was pointless! 

I’m still waiting to see if Amazon sells the Network CD, they did okay with me for NFM and it was much cheaper than the GD store

• Like 3

Yes, fear overtook me last night, also didn’t want to miss out on a t-shirt.  Will probably end up paying more tax too!  Bloody Network, nearly as bad as the fuckers in Green Day 😂😂😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

I’m still waiting to see if Amazon sells the Network CD, they did okay with me for NFM and it was much cheaper than the GD store

Same. Considering I want the CD and vinyl I would rather save some money. Plus they won't charge until it ships. And clearly people have been looking because as soon as you type in "money money" the album name pops up in suggestions :lol: Come on, The Network!! 

• Like 3

It's on some charts-

Current album sales- 22

Top rock albums- 32

Alternative albums- 17

Album sales- 36

Tastemakers- 23

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 1

11 hours ago, Montclare said:

It's on some charts-

Current album sales- 22

Top rock albums- 32

Alternative albums- 17

Album sales- 36

Tastemakers- 23

Sold 36 copies, sweet!

• Haha 4

e276652b6cd49046fbe73b6a3f5709d8f0cbc244 

franksecich

Number #24 in sales on Official Charts from the UK! "No Fun Mondays" includes a cover of mine and Stiv Bators' song "Not That Way Anymore"! https://www.officialcharts.com/charts/record-store-chart/ #billiejoearmstrong #greenday #nofunmondays #franksecich #stivbators

link to the story post: https://www.instagram.com/p/CIjYM5_DWuP/

• Like 3