No Fun Mondays

Little Boy Named Booze

23 minutes ago, Freezing Melons said:

I saw a local record shop advertise that they'll be getting the blue "indie" LPs...are the ones we ordered from their official site any different?! 

Debating on cancelling my order to save on shipping and just pick it up from the shop.

Yes, the print color is different (the baby blue from the GD store should be lighter than the indie store blue), and the LP cover should be a “glow in the dark” one. Most importantly the GD store one is a sold out limited edition print that is already being sold on second hand market places for 50-80$, I would not get rid of it right now. If you don’t care about the collectible value/special characteristics just wait to receive it and resell it for a higher price to buy something else. 

• Like 4

15 hours ago, HAPPY ROOTING UNICORN said:

Yes, the print color is different (the baby blue from the GD store should be lighter than the indie store blue), and the LP cover should be a “glow in the dark” one. Most importantly the GD store one is a sold out limited edition print that is already being sold on second hand market places for 50-80$, I would not get rid of it right now. If you don’t care about the collectible value/special characteristics just wait to receive it and resell it for a higher price to buy something else. 

Great - I'm happy to keep mine then! Thanks!

• Like 2

Interesting that they’re releasing the tracks out-of-sync from the album tracklist order again now (I know they were releasing them fairly randomly originally). I wondered if Whole Wide World wouldn’t get a separate release because it was an Amazon Original, but even so Police on My Back would’ve been next...

Are we still assuming this will be released as a whole album for digital download?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, jengd said:

It’s being released on 27th November on vinyl, cd and platforms for download.

Thanks. Already pre-ordered the album on vinyl, but was just wondering if they would be releasing the album as a whole for download given that they’ve already uploaded the songs individually for streaming and download, and a digital version of the album isn’t up for pre-order yet.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, jengd said:

Pretty sure Amazon has it as download also available, sorry could have made an assumption!

Just vinyl and CD options on Amazon (in the UK) so far, and no pre-orders available on digital sites. May be that they’re trying to get people to buy the individual tracks first then dropping the whole album for download on release day, but that would be a bit cynical....and often you don’t need to pay again for “singles” you’ve already purchased from an album.

I wonder if it’s anything to do with Amazon having exclusive rights to one of the tracks for download/streaming, but I have no idea how these things work.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, emenius said:

Thanks. Already pre-ordered the album on vinyl, but was just wondering if they would be releasing the album as a whole for download given that they’ve already uploaded the songs individually for streaming and download, and a digital version of the album isn’t up for pre-order yet.

why would a digital album go up for preorder? not like they have a limited amount 

• Like 1

The whole album is available for pre-order on Apple Music. I’ve already “added” it to my library so when it’s released it will appear. 

That’s also the reason why I haven’t downloaded any of the other NFM releases. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, nopride84 said:

why would a digital album go up for preorder? not like they have a limited amount 

I totally get your point, but most albums are available to pre-order digitally often weeks-months prior release date; I’m just wondering why NFM isn’t (though sounds like it is on Apple Music).

8 hours ago, emenius said:

I totally get your point, but most albums are available to pre-order digitally often weeks-months prior release date; I’m just wondering why NFM isn’t (though sounds like it is on Apple Music).

It’s just up to the label when things go up on digital markets some do open up months advance some weeks some days and even some don’t show up until midnight day of 

• Like 2

FYI, if you missed out on getting the blue or yellow 7" vinyl, Oakland Coffee is releasing a pink version. It's currently exclusive to members of their coffee club, but they might make the extras available on their website if they have any. They didn't state an edition size, but they mentioned that it is limited.

https://imgur.com/a/5MkGBuK

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Uninvited said:

FYI, if you missed out on getting the blue or yellow 7" vinyl, Oakland Coffee is releasing a pink version. It's currently exclusive to members of their coffee club, but they might make the extras available on their website if they have any. They didn't state an edition size, but they mentioned that it is limited.

Well god damn, now I want one

1 hour ago, Eric said:

it's not on apple music 

Cause it’s not out yet... 

Warner I guess is holding off til the 27th to make it “live” on digital services 

13 hours ago, Uninvited said:

Meh. Already missed out on the first pressings and $20 for ONE 7'' is alone a lot, but no, you can only get it via subscription (at least $45, all without shipping...imagine international shipping, hahaha). no thanks.

Already bought several copies of NFM vinyl + CD

6 hours ago, Freezing Melons said:

Out of curiosity - did anyone else order from the UK store? My other options were sold out on the day.

I did

11 minutes ago, Rumpelstiltskin2000 said:

I did

Cool - so hopefully we'll get a shipping notification around the same time..I am shipping to Canada though.

Just waiting on so many pre-orders to ship at this point, trying to slowly cross them off the list before I buy more records..

16 hours ago, Freezing Melons said:

Cool - so hopefully we'll get a shipping notification around the same time..I am shipping to Canada though.

Just waiting on so many pre-orders to ship at this point, trying to slowly cross them off the list before I buy more records..

Hopefully mine should arrive by the end of the month :D

• Like 1