No Fun Mondays

Little Boy Named Booze

1 hour ago, Squashie said:

And his silence says "pay attention, and LEARN, to what the oppressed voices are saying". 

Is that what he's saying? How does silence "say" anything? I've heard the opposite, that being silent means you are complicit.

12 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

Is that what he's saying? How does silence "say" anything? I've heard the opposite, that being silent means you are complicit.

Your responses show you haven't.

52 minutes ago, Hermione said:

It's about not taking up social media feeds or people's attention with stuff that distracts from the cause and/or people who have more useful things to say about it.

Also the reason people always defend him in this is because it isn't even just that it's not an obligation. It's that he literally isn't doing anything wrong whatsoever. If he doesn't post songs or doesn't post on social media, at any time, for however long, for whatever reason, he isn't being mean or inconsiderate or doing wrong by us in any way. These things are entirely optional, choosing not to do them is a neutral action.

I really understand your point and I think you're right. But I would have like to be informed. Saying "Hey so this week (or forever) there will be no NFM." It only take a second.

• Like 1

I know this is coming from a place of privilege, but so many creators I enjoy online is not posting anything or cancelling events. This and covid = fun banned and it’s extremely saddening and depressing. 

but this moment in time is wayyy more important than me just complaining about fun things being stoped. I just wanted to vent this somewhere ! 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

I really understand your point and I think you're right. But I would have like to be informed. Saying "Hey so this week (or forever) there will be no NFM." It only take a second.

Understandable but it's a special circumstance because there's the whole not posting anything that doesn't support BLM/the protests thing going on. Breaking his silence not to post about BLM but to make an announcement about his little covers project might not be something he feels comfortable doing. But also like, he never said it would last forever, might not even occur to him that it's any kind of issue to post covers when he feels like or stop when he feel like.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Hermione said:

Understanable but it's a special circumstance because there's the whole not posting anything that doesn't support BLM/the protests thing going on. Breaking his silence not to post about BLM but to make an announcement about his little covers project might not be something he feels comfortable doing. But also like, he never said it would last forever, might not even occur to him that it's any kind of issue to post covers when he feels like or stop when he feel like.

Well if he had already posted about his little NFM project we wouldn't be arguing about it since page 35 :P

Work does not stop because of BLM. Millions of black men and women have to continue their lives DESPITE their discomfort and pain. They support BLM but it doesn't stop them from doing what they have to. Yet Billie, a rich white male, is defended on this community for no-showing on HIS job because he, the white male, is struggling with the pain done to others. That would be like your friend's spouse dying, them going to work, while you call out sick to take advantage of the excuse. Billie also has made NO statement about BLM or explained his absence. Now his silence is being praised by this community. It's interesting how the narrative constantly flips to defend him.

3 minutes ago, Biddymc said:

he owes us nothing, and it is up to us to accept what he does give us graciously, or not.

You get this from the Bible?

• Haha 1

Well, this came out of nowhere.  ITWAN is #15 on the Hot Alternative chart (note- this is a different alternative chart than GD normally is on).  First week on it.  Also its first week of being on the Rock Airplay chart at #43.  Dropped on all of the other charts.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Biddymc said:

Thou shalt not piss off God's Favorite Band.  It's from the Book of Jesus of Suburbia, 4:20.

Well, the Internet has now officially been won! 🤣

3 hours ago, Hermione said:

I think you have Billie's job description wrong. He isn't an hourly or salaried worker. He's under no obligation to work, unless he's chosen to sign a contract that obligates him to.

And given that his last album sold poorly and his last tour had thousands of empty seats, maybe he really doesn't care about hard work and doing a good job anymore.

Is it possible that the current state of COVID-19 is also a factor? I mean, at least in the U.S., most people aren’t locked up anymore. Coupled with the protests/riots, it’s kind of a natural place to end it. Regardless of your opinions on whether it’s a good or bad thing, people just don’t seem to be as concerned about quarantines or the virus anymore. 

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

And given that his last album sold poorly and his last tour had thousands of empty seats, maybe he really doesn't care about hard work and doing a good job anymore.

The band’s 13th studio effort debuted at #1 on Billboard’s Album Sales chart and placed at #4 on the Top 200. And that’s not all: the album also went to #1 in the UK and Australia and #2 in Japan and Germany. - kerrang

plus 42000 pure album sales in a week. so youre right it was such a poorly selling album.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Biddymc said:

Thou shalt not piss off God's Favorite Band.  It's from the Book of Jesus of Suburbia, 4:20.

Also, let us not forget to mention that this holy book comes from the scared Bible of None of the Above. 🤣

I think it's worth of debate as long as we don't have a response from Billie. You can't just start new project and leave it without saying anything.
(yeah I know that's exactly what he did with a lot of thing)

• Like 1

Makes sense not to release anything right now. Media black-out.

I wonder if he'd ever do a cover of a Rancid song though. "Radio"?