No Fun Mondays

Little Boy Named Booze

I really wouldn't be surprised if this was done for a bit. 

Like I said, I would love sort of compilation release with all the songs (maybe throw in Dreaming, and maybe another new one?!)

If there's nothing new by next week, I think it's safe to say the project is done, if not on hold for the foreseeable future - understandably of course.

• Like 2

I just wish he would have posted something about it like he did Memorial Day.  You can post BLM content and also communicate with your fans about your music. It was part of a campaign to pause all else last week I get that, but a proper effective movement can take months.  At least say something.  I’m still staying involved in the protest and taking action. I also miss my band.

• Like 4

I agree that I wish he would post something about it. I understand if he doesn't want to continue or if he's taking a break because of everything happening right now, but a quick tweet about it would be nice so we know what's going on. It makes me think of content creators on YouTube who just abandon a series they were working on with no warning and then they get annoyed when fans ask what happened. You don't need to get deep into it, just a quick this is on hiatus or I'm taking another week off would be much appreciated.

• Like 3

this moment isnt the time for entertainment, as nice as the momentary distraction would be. though i wouldnt be surprised to see a (GD) charity single for BLM or other significant cause/charity. but i kinda doubt there's going to be much entertainment going on for the time being. depending on what happens between now and then, things might begin to veer back a bit more towards 'normalcy' as july 4 approaches in the states. unless jumanji 2020 has other plans for the next few weeks.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, HAPPY ROOTING UNICORN said:

I understand that it would be nice for us crazy fans who always wonder what’s going on and how many coffees Mike drunk during the last seven days. But it’s not a tv series missing the final episode or anything like that. I think it’s a cool initiative also because it’s spontaneous, the songs dropped at different times, weekdays, sometime they didn’t drop at all, once we basically got three in a week. 
I don’t really see the need for this “official announcement” approach. Why should he say it’s on hold or cancelled if maybe in one or two weeks, or one or two days, or one or two months, he decides to post a new song? 

I get that, but I still think it would nice to just say something. It doesn't have to be an official announcement, just something similar like he did for Memorial Day. There are fans looking forward to it and not all of them are going to assume its on hold because of what's going on. 

• Like 2

Well he did say a cover every monday as long as the quarantine is on.
He informed us last Monday. But nothing this week. We're just suppose to assume now? 

C'mon he can just take 2 sec on IG or Tweeter to tell us.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, kaylubd said:

I get that, but I still think it would nice to just say something. It doesn't have to be an official announcement, just something similar like he did for Memorial Day. There are fans looking forward to it and not all of them are going to assume its on hold because of what's going on. 

This. That’s all I was saying yet here comes the “we’re not entitled to anything” arguments to shut everything down again 😕

• Like 3

On a side note - is anyone else waiting for their shipping confirmation for the ITWAN single? I saw someone got their email yesterday, I'm up in Canada, and was wondering if anyone else is still waiting to hear that their record has shipped?

Gotta love the anti-entitlement comments. You start a project, you should finish it. Sure, it's free music for us (kind of), but it's just bad business to be so scatter-brained. Imagine if they planned the Trilogy then only released 2 of the 3. "Oh you entitled fans want the 3rd? Jerks."

People are killed daily in the US. Many minorities die unjustly daily. So is that an excuse to never make music again? If so, Billie is in the wrong business. Even SJW Lady Gaga released a full album 5 days after Floyd's murder. Where is the criticism against her? Or is she protected from scrutiny?

• Like 1

I can't say I would naturally assume that Billie wouldn't do NFM because of what's happening because other artists have resumed releasing material. I'm guessing that's what it is, that makes the most sense. 

12 minutes ago, HAPPY ROOTING UNICORN said:

Do you see Gaga promoting her album on social media right now? And if you think that this moment is like any other day in the US because “people get killed every day” you really didn’t get what’s going on, or you don’t want to and in that case you are part of the problem.

She did many interviews on YouTube 5 days after Floyd's murder. She was promoting quite a bit until she started getting worried it would hurt her bottom line.

10 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

She did many interviews on YouTube 5 days after Floyd's murder. She was promoting quite a bit until she started getting worried it would hurt her bottom line.

And maybe that was the right thing to do from the beginning. A more conscious promotional campaign would have get there sooner, but they got there. Point is, in the last two weeks most artists either published content supporting BLM, or gave the stage to the protest. So I don’t see how what Billie is doing is weird, needs justification or is bad business. 

• Like 1

Just now, HAPPY ROOTING UNICORN said:

And maybe that was the right thing to do from the beginning. A more conscious production would have get there sooner, but they got there. Point is, in the last two weeks most artists either published content supporting BLM, or gave the stage to the protest. So I don’t see how what Billie is doing is weird, needs justification or is bad business. 

If I'm a plumber, and I tell you I will be at your home on Monday to do a job, and I don't show and don't give a reason, is that good or bad business?

1 minute ago, HAPPY ROOTING UNICORN said:

If you are plumber and in your spare time make dildos out of tubes giving them for free to your clients, taking a break from making dildos to spend your free time attending protests is not bad business. 

He's not making dildos. He's keeping an audience entertained. It's also not free: we download the songs and give him revenue from views.

Just now, DookieLukie said:

He's not making dildos. He's keeping an audience entertained. It's also not free: we download the songs and give him revenue from views.

And he’s not a plumber, he’s an artist.

42 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

People are killed daily in the US. Many minorities die unjustly daily. So is that an excuse to never make music again? If so, Billie is in the wrong business. Even SJW Lady Gaga released a full album 5 days after Floyd's murder. Where is the criticism against her? Or is she protected from scrutiny?

To be fair - her album had been announced to be released on that date long before any of this went down. It was highly anticipated for her fans, and was already delayed once before - it's a totally different case than the pro bono songs we've been getting from Billie. 

I guess my bottom line is - I agree with the comments saying that I think it may be in bad taste for Billie to release a poppy cover song while many people are taking a step back from social (especially promoting themselves) to focus on sharing resources, information, and things that actually matter in the larger scheme of things. Sure, a tweet or insta-story update saying that the project would be on hold for a bit would be nice, but also, I don't blame him for saying nothing at all. Everyone needs to process what's going on in their own way, in their own time.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, HAPPY ROOTING UNICORN said:

And he’s not a plumber, he’s an artist.

Is this what Mario did before he got his first gig in Donkey Kong or something?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, DookieLukie said:

He's not making dildos. He's keeping an audience entertained.

And his silence says "pay attention, and LEARN, to what the oppressed voices are saying". 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, HAPPY ROOTING UNICORN said:

If you are plumber and in your spare time make dildos out of tubes giving them for free to your clients, taking a break from making dildos to spend your free time attending protests is not bad business. 

This is the best analogy ever, even if it is slightly disturbing. 🤨🤣