Father of all Motherfuckers - What are your thoughts on the new album?

BeachBum

On 7/31/2020 at 8:17 PM, cav9mm said:

Any ideas or notions of when we might see some b-sides ?

Always wanting more . 

Yeah, there were those 7 unreleased songs, that were mentioned "which will come out at some time". Really want to hear them, but will Billie stand up to his words? :D

• Like 1

On 8/3/2020 at 6:09 PM, Bakabanas said:

Yeah, there were those 7 unreleased songs, that were mentioned "which will come out at some time". Really want to hear them, but will Billie stand up to his words? :D

Idk if I'll be excited for songs that weren't good enough for their weakest album to date. Though who knows, maybe some of them are better than most of the tracks that made it on the album

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, HAPPY ROOTING UNICORN said:

Not to be too pessimistic, but a friend working in the large events logistic industry is telling me that many festivals and large events in Europe are already (yet still unofficially) preparing to postpone all activities to 2022/move to digital events. I really hope this will not actually happen, but my hopes of seeing the guys live in a relatively short amount of times are really fading away atm... this fucking vaccine better be working and come very soon (not that cancelled festivals are the main issue here of course)

I dont expect to see them next year either or anything else for that matter. It really sucks. I was suppose to see Brian Fallon in february 2021 (postponed from 2020) and its just been moved again to november 2021. 

• Sad 1

the album honestly has a few okay songs, although it's not their best, i feel like they had potential with this album. But, there were a couple of bops on it for sure.

Edited by M3RK_Chaos
  • Like 1

I haven't really expressed many thoughts on the album. Honestly, after months of listening, my only thought is "meh, it's OK."

That. And... I freaking love Oh Yeah. I've finally accepted it. It's the only song I really seek out regularly to listen to... and I assume that's an unpopular opinion, but oh well. :lol: 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, The Grohl said:

Finally some Oh Yeah! love! That was the song that got me excited for the album. 

I hate to say it grew on me — because I feel like that's what a lot of people on here say to convince themselves they like an album when they really don't — but I really think this one did grow on me. I was never crazy hyped about it, but I just never stopped listening to it and really enjoy it whenever I play it. It's really fun! Would've loved to see it live, even if it was probably a terrible rendition. :P 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, AlissaGoesRAWR said:

I hate to say it grew on me — because I feel like that's what a lot of people on here say to convince themselves they like an album when they really don't — but I really think this one did grow on me. I was never crazy hyped about it, but I just never stopped listening to it and really enjoy it whenever I play it. It's really fun! Would've loved to see it live, even if it was probably a terrible rendition. :P 

The first few performances of Oh Yeah were definitely shaky, but it sounded like they were getting better the more they played it. I was looking forward to seeing more footage of the song live this year but then COVID... :dry:

I was so looking forward to seeing FOAM songs live. I should be getting ready to jetset to Chicago tomorrow for my Thursday show... *sigh... I'll be working instead. 

• Sad 3

Green Day & Enter Shikari Have Two Of The Best Selling Vinyl Albums Of The Year So Far

https://www.rocksound.tv/news/read/green-day-enter-shikari-have-two-of-the-best-selling-vinyl-albums-of-the-ye

In the Top 40 of vinyl, at No.21 is Green Day's latest full length 'Father Of All...', which was released back in January.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, desertrose said:

Green Day & Enter Shikari Have Two Of The Best Selling Vinyl Albums Of The Year So Far

https://www.rocksound.tv/news/read/green-day-enter-shikari-have-two-of-the-best-selling-vinyl-albums-of-the-ye

In the Top 40 of vinyl, at No.21 is Green Day's latest full length 'Father Of All...', which was released back in January.

Just to add in for those taking a glance this includes purchases of back catalog albums which makes this impressive. 

• Like 4

13 hours ago, desertrose said:

lol GD and Enter Shikari are my two favorite bands ever, musically and live (if you guys dont know shikari, give them a listen, and go see them live (after covid ofc))

• Like 1

5 hours ago, GuitarPunk94 said:

lol GD and Enter Shikari are my two favorite bands ever, musically and live (if you guys dont know shikari, give them a listen, and go see them live (after covid ofc))

I am going to listen to them right now.  

• Like 1

I really hope they release the b-sides. Billie said more music this summer. I know COVID probably derailed that but a lot of bands are releasing new music again. I'm really hoping for them to jump into that "releasing music more frequently" mode Billie has been hyping up.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

I really hope they release the b-sides. Billie said more music this summer. I know COVID probably derailed that but a lot of bands are releasing new music again. I'm really hoping for them to jump into that "releasing music more frequently" mode Billie has been hyping up.

And by that I would add original music. The covers have been fun but they don’t count.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, ImNotInGreenDaydummy said:

i miss this place during the MOTIK hype. i pray to fucking god their next album isn’t a cesspool of cringe. please drop the 12 year old walmart punk aesthetic and make something worth listening to. FFS EXPERIMENT BILLIE!!!!!

This forum is at his best when there is a thread like MOOTIK or Next Album Anticipation thread. I really miss this too. I'm just waiting for Matt. to post something lol

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Redundantuserjinxboy said:

I'm oddly nostalgic for the insanity that was "next album anticipation thread" and the sequel 

magnum condoms of the latex kind

• Haha 1

On 8/7/2020 at 2:37 PM, HAPPY ROOTING UNICORN said:

Not to be too pessimistic, but a friend working in the large events logistic industry is telling me that many festivals and large events in Europe are already (yet still unofficially) preparing to postpone all activities to 2022/move to digital events. I really hope this will not actually happen, but my hopes of seeing the guys live in a relatively short amount of times are really fading away atm... this fucking vaccine better be working and come very soon (not that cancelled festivals are the main issue here of course)

Damn I wouldn't be surprised if you were right... Experts over here say that even IF we get a vaccine in early 2021, it won't be widely available before 2022. I don't see a concert season 2021 right now, even though I'm still trying to keep a tiny piece of hope, because who knows, right? First world problems, I know, and the most important thing is to stay healthy and get through this pandemic, but the prospect of another concert-less year just really makes me sad. I had so many great shows planned for this year, My Chemical Romance, The Who, Queen, Dead Kennedys, 4 x Green Day .... I just miss this so much.

• Like 1

Given this album 6 months to grow on me now and it just hasn't at all.

The whole thing just feels completely under cooked in every way - superficial lyrics, weak production and a clash of different styles that don't gel. It doesn't flow at all as a cohesive album. It really does seem custom made for the streaming generation - unconnected short songs designed to make you want to replay. This is something I could have let go if the songs were actually any good, but they're not.

It's a real shame and IMO the first disappointing album they've ever released.

• Like 3

I think it is a very provocative self reflection that while it is not necessarily a danceable album, it runs more like a diary of a person who is highly upset at having to try to explain the shames of their youth... without getting into the nitty gritty of the good things they have done since.    It is depressing for certain, however it shows promise in that the story could be updated. 

I think it would be awesome if they wrote a song about their charities that they have helped or about other things they have done like house flipping. 

In fact... I think if they wrote a song about House Flipping or Interior decorating and talked with Better Homes and Gardens about sending it out as a single with their magazine... it might get the support of some people who like doing that sort of thing.   It would make an interesting "King For a Day" vibe...

16 hours ago, michael1989 said:

Given this album 6 months to grow on me now and it just hasn't at all.

I commend your fortitude lol

I've really enjoyed some songs from this record a lot such as Graffitia, Take The Money and Crawl, Sugar Youth and Meet Me On The Roof. For me that's the entire album.  This one is battling it out with Tre for my worst GD record. 

I know a lot of people have compared this to Dos but Dos has a higher quantity of great songs. This record is different from anything they've ever done so it is going to get a strange response but I can't help but think that it would have been more positive if you replaced those weaker songs like Stab You In The Heart, Fire Ready Aim, and Teenage Teenager. 

• Like 2