Father of all Motherfuckers - What are your thoughts on the new album?

BeachBum

1 hour ago, ricardoverde said:

Totally agree. FOAMF Just sucks, But to be fair I like four songs of the album, but no so much. What a incredible discography ruined by this "midlife crisis" record as you said. Also the cover of the album man, can't be worse.

Ruined their discography? I wouldn't go that far. I like FOAM personally, but even if I didn't I wouldn't say the rest of their catalog was ruined because everything else is great! If I didn't like it I would see it more as a stain on their catalog.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, greenalert997x said:

Yeah there are some special parts when Billies voice sounds beyond amazing. Not only voice, but also the melody to it. The way he articualtes or whatever

I also feel it to MMOTR - 'I'm taking drawning lessons...' 

I think you're referring to the vocal phrasing

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Thatsername said:

I think Billie's voice sounds stunningly beautiful in all songs on this album (maybe except for the falsetto in FOAM which I still hate, lol). I already said it before and I will say it again, the production of this album is fantastic. Everyone who isn't listening with headphones clearly misses out on something, especially in the vocal parts:wub:

I agree (except for the FOAM bit) this is possibly the most interesting Green Day album sonically. The production sounds great and theres a lot of interesting textures and layers that make it feel really fresh sounding.

• Like 4

16 hours ago, Sheenius said:

I think you're referring to the vocal phrasing

I think he’s always had great, natural vocal phrasing.

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, JOE THE X-KID said:

I agree (except for the FOAM bit) this is possibly the most interesting Green Day album sonically. The production sounds great and theres a lot of interesting textures and layers that make it feel really fresh sounding.

This... despite the sometimes unoriginal melodies and possibly less refined lyric writing, it’s one of their best albums thanks to the sound. I’ll give it another listen after I haven’t heard it in a couple weeks before I say it’s the best, but it might as well be, at least sonically.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Thatsername said:

I think Billie's voice sounds stunningly beautiful in all songs on this album (maybe except for the falsetto in FOAM which I still hate, lol). I already said it before and I will say it again, the production of this album is fantastic. Everyone who isn't listening with headphones clearly misses out on something, especially in the vocal parts:wub:

I found listening to the vinyl to be more rewarding than listening with headphones digitally. So now I will listen to the vinyl with headphones. 

• Like 1

Best: Fire, Ready, Aim, Sugar Youth, Take The Money and Crawl, Meet Me On The Roof, and Stab You In The Heart

Good: Father Of All..., Junkies on a High, Graffitia, and Oh Yeah

Bad: I Was A Teenage Teenager

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, FOAM said:

Best: Fire, Ready, Aim, Sugar Youth, Take The Money and Crawl, Meet Me On The Roof, and Stab You In The Heart

Good: Father Of All..., Junkies on a High, Graffitia, and Oh Yeah

Bad: I Was A Teenage Teenager

I agree with pretty much all of this, but personally I'd move Graffitia and Junkies up one and Oh Yeah down one.

34 minutes ago, Sheenius said:

I found listening to the vinyl to be more rewarding than listening with headphones digitally. So now I will listen to the vinyl with headphones. 

I need to get myself a damn record player so my little vinyl collection does more than sit there and look cool. For all I know, my RevRad and FOAM could be faulty and I'd have no idea.

• Like 3

Seriously, it seems that sometimes BJ is verging on psychic, he is spot on so often it’s a little uncanny.  I am only half joking here. 😃

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

24 minutes ago, jengd said:

Seriously, it seems that sometimes BJ is verging on psychic, he is spot on so often it’s a little uncanny.  I am only half joking here. 😃

He's like the writers on The Simpsons. They predicted:

• Trump becoming president
  • Faulty election machines
  • Several Super Bowl outcomes
  • The ebola outbreak
  • Disney buying Fox
  • The discovery of the fucking Higgs-Boson particle!

I could go on, but there are way too many to list. Very fitting that GD appeared on The Simpsons.

• Like 2

All the people reacting to the lockdown by throwing parties was a big FOAM mood I couldn't even imagine when the album came out

• Like 1

Father of All Motherfuckers.... reminds me a lot of the trilogy.  And not in a good way, at all. 😒 Sure, there are a few good songs (much like the trilogy) but most of this album just seems rushed... filler tracks...
Of course, I bought it the day it came out.  I own every single Green Day album, including International Supervideos! and Bullet in a Bible..  But I wasn't very impressed.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Misfit xo said:

Father of All Motherfuckers.... reminds me a lot of the trilogy.  And not in a good way, at all. 😒 Sure, there are a few good songs (much like the trilogy) but most of this album just seems rushed... filler tracks...
Of course, I bought it the day it came out.  I own every single Green Day album, including International Supervideos! and Bullet in a Bible..  But I wasn't very impressed.

Nothing will beat the song Little Boy Named Train anyway. It's a masterpiece

• Like 1

On 3/20/2020 at 8:12 PM, Zebahar said:

This comment makes me uncomfortable

Something WILL beat Little Boy Named Train.

Oh no.  That's worse.  

Why is social media so quiet today?   I feel like that's the one place people can go nuts and freak out.   But nobodies participating?   Same on here.   Let's continue to pick apart every aspect of this masterpiece album!  

Let's start with the numbers in the booklet.   COME ON GUYS! 

@Sheenius

Let's light this board up!  

46 minutes ago, That Dude said:

Something WILL beat Little Boy Named Train.

Oh no.  That's worse.  

Why is social media so quiet today?   I feel like that's the one place people can go nuts and freak out.   But nobodies participating?   Same on here.   Let's continue to pick apart every aspect of this masterpiece album!  

Let's start with the numbers in the booklet.   COME ON GUYS! 

@Sheenius

Let's light this board up!  

I will listen to Take The Money And Crawl everyday 100 times till the day I die, and I will make everyone I know to listen to it 5 times a day.

• Like 4

New album sucks but I think it's just a cover up for more sordid happenings. Personally, I'm still wondering when Billie's gonna take the whole sober thing seriously. Buddy, come on, you have a family. Time to put the crack away before it becomes a bigger problem than it already is.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Bakabanas said:

I will listen to Take The Money And Crawl everyday 100 times till the day I die, and I will make everyone I know to listen to it 5 times a day.

Great fucking song. TTMAC and Sugar Youth have got to be my two favorites right now. I always repeat them at least once.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

7 minutes ago, Green Day In Seattle said:

Great fucking song. TTMAC and Sugar Youth have got to be my two favorites right now. I always repeat them at least once.

Sugar Youth is the best on the album by far!

• Like 2
  • Love 1