Father of all Motherfuckers - What are your thoughts on the new album?

BeachBum

1 hour ago, That Dude said:

American Idiot:  fast single / ballad / fast single / ballad / fast single.  

That was the structure of the whole album for the most part.  

On both fronts it worked. 

But was track 7 a ballad? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Sheenius said:

That's never gonna happen lmao. If Green Day reverts to being an opener the Foo Fighters will also be an opening act just on a different day of the festival 

Rock has really lost it's balls Billie Joe was right he just wasn't right in trying to imply or state that Green Day is gonna save it. 

I’m just fucking around haha

17 hours ago, Duhhan1023 said:

he mentioned it in CUATRO that nimrod was a 'lyrical nightmare' and did not want to go through that again. 

Yeah but I didn't think it was the entire album!!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, UNICORN VOMIT said:

Yeah but I didn't think it was the entire album!!

It wasn’t. He just said he’d never go into the studio without lyrics again. It could have been a handful of songs at most.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, pacejunkie punk said:

It wasn’t. He just said he’d never go into the studio without lyrics again. It could have been a handful of songs at most.

That's what I thought.

@pacejunkie punk I would assume this happens on most albums - didnt he say it took him awhile to come up with Forever Now.

3 hours ago, UNICORN VOMIT said:

That's what I thought.

@pacejunkie punk I would assume this happens on most albums - didnt he say it took him awhile to come up with Forever Now.

Sometimes you hit the mic and something else comes out and it's better than what you wrote 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sheenius said:

Sometimes you hit the mic and something else comes out and it's better than what you wrote 

Yeah for sure - another one that comes to mind is hold em under water till the MF drowns....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, UNICORN VOMIT said:

Yeah for sure - another one that comes to mind is hold em under water till the MF drowns....

What has Mike done to deserve waterboarding? :P 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, UNICORN VOMIT said:

Also known on the family friendly radio as "hold him underwater till he suffocates and drowns" 🤣

• Haha 3

Just now, Red said:

Also known on the family friendly radio as "hold him underwater till he suffocates and drowns" 🤣

Whatever happened to the Rising Wolf? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 21st_century_gloria said:

I always hated the Rising part and only used it because for some reason (I can't remember) I couldn't just use RedWolf without adding something else to it.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, UNICORN VOMIT said:

Shawshank Redemption is my favourite movie

& that is not going to win any award

Because it suuuuucks

Even though it's so obvious that the lyrics to Stab are "pictures don't lie" I always get this image in my head of Shakira and I hear "hips dont lie"  instead. Hips don't lie when you're front page news...

And I don't even listen to Shakira lmao

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, 21st_century_gloria said:

Red Day! 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, UNICORN VOMIT said:

That's what I thought.

Yeah and he didn’t have lyrics for Restless Heart Syndrome for the longest time until Butch Vig forced him to write them because he wanted the song on the album.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, DookieLukie said:

That's just what Green Day needs: an accomplished producer that challenges them. Butch Walker brought a slightly new sound, but he's also an admitted GD fanboy who sounds like a bit of a "yes man." But of course GD needs to actually WANT to challenge themselves like they did on AI or 21CB.

Butch Vig is the best producer they ever worked with and they were the most creative whilst working with him. Not necessarily linked but doubt it’s a coincidence.

I don’t think they want to though.

• Like 2

Everything is quiet again on here.  :(

I am excited that when I hear about "Oh Yeah", it's being called a hit.   That's awesome.   I hope Green Day make at least 5 albums that sound like that song all the way through.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, That Dude said:

I am excited that when I hear about "Oh Yeah", it's being called a hit.   That's awesome.   I hope Green Day make at least 5 albums that sound like that song all the way through.  

Please no 😂

7 minutes ago, Melodramfool said:

Please no 😂

Fine! 

but now they are changing the band name to Oh Yeah! and every song will sound like King for a Day.