Father of all Motherfuckers - What are your thoughts on the new album?

BeachBum

Today listening love is for loosers. Taxi Driver should be a Green Day song... Much better that first nine tracks of FOAM

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gonzalo17 said:

Today listening love is for loosers. Taxi Driver should be a Green Day song... Much better that first nine tracks of FOAM

I just listened to Body Bag - gggrrr love this album

• Like 1
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, UNICORN VOMIT said:

Me too! I cant believe we agree!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Chin for a Day said:

Me too! I cant believe we agree!

Babe we usually agree but just not on GDC 🥰

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, UNICORN VOMIT said:

Babe we usually agree but just not on GDC 🥰

Sssshhhhhh dont tell anyone

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Nimrod is super impressive given that the lyrics were written in studio.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Gonzalo17 said:

Taxi Driver should be a Green Day song...

Most of that album should have been a GD album.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, michael1989 said:

Most of that album should have been a GD album.

See I disagree - I think the side projects are like a little treat for us.

8 hours ago, DookieLukie said:

Nimrod is super impressive given that the lyrics were written in studio.

Can you link the interview? 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, UNICORN VOMIT said:

See I disagree - I think the side projects are like a little treat for us.

Can you link the interview? 

he mentioned it in CUATRO that nimrod was a 'lyrical nightmare' and did not want to go through that again. 

• Like 2

well now I'm annoyed but slightly more hopeful of another single at the same time.   

Went to the good ole' wikipedia, the detailed and accurate source of all knowledge in the universe - and now instead of Father, Fire, Yeah and Roof listed as singles now it's just Father and Yeah.    

Fire and Roof have been moved to "promotional singles" (aren't all singles promotional...)

But I'm hopeful because we need 5 REAL singles.   

I'm ready for GDA to pick back up again, dang it! 

Yeah Father and Oh Yeah have been the only singles so far. FRA was definitely only a promotional release. At this point so is MMOTR unless that changes later. But it would be unusual to release a video for a song and then put it out as a single later. I would say single three (if they even release one) will be something else from the album.

Personally I think MMOTR would be the best choice from what's left. It's catchy and would play well on radio.

• Like 3

Singles are such a dated thing nowadays anyway. Anything they put on YouTube or streaming might as well be a single. I think "officially" it depends on what they send to radio stations.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, michael1989 said:

Yeah Father and Oh Yeah have been the only singles so far. FRA was definitely only a promotional release. At this point so is MMOTR unless that changes later. But it would be unusual to release a video for a song and then put it out as a single later. I would say single three (if they even release one) will be something else from the album.

Personally I think MMOTR would be the best choice from what's left. It's catchy and would play well on radio.

Junkies On A High would have been a better choice than Oh Yeah. 

MMOTR has single potential I agree with that. 

8 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

I think "officially" it depends on what they send to radio stations.

That's it. GD during American Idiot had a great strategy where they were able to dish out singles that found airplay on different types of stations. If there's a recipe for success for GD that's the one. 

They have a diverse audience but have had trouble reaching the non-hardcore fans since the beginning of the decade that just past. 

• Like 2

I have a feeling they aren't caring much about which singles they pick since they're literally released the first 4 tracks in order, and Billie said "All the songs could be singles."

16 hours ago, UNICORN VOMIT said:

I've been listening to the whole album on repeat for the whole week and I like it so much more than I used to. Cult Hero especially.

I like it more than FOAM as a whole... but there are still a couple of songs on FOAM that I like more than every single Love is For Losers track. Ranking is tough especially when it's one of your favorite songwriters hahaha

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 21st_century_gloria said:

I've been listening to the whole album on repeat for the whole week and I like it so much more than I used to. Cult Hero especially.

I like it more than FOAM as a whole... but there are still a couple of songs on FOAM that I like more than every single Love is For Losers track. Ranking is tough especially when it's one of your favorite songwriters hahaha

If he held off on Longshot and then still wrote the FOAMF songs then they'd have the choice to select which tracks to include. So technically you could swap out your least favourite longshot tracks and swap in your favourite foamf tracks

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Sheenius said:

If he held off on Longshot and then still wrote the FOAMF songs then they'd have the choice to select which tracks to include. So technically you could swap out your least favourite longshot tracks and swap in your favourite foamf tracks

Hmm that might look like (in no particular order)

--cult hero

--happiness

--turn me loose

--KYF

--soul surrender

--taxi driver

--sugar youth

--graffitia

--oh yeah

--take the money and crawl

--FRA

--goodbye to romance

12 songs to make it more fulfilling. That would be a kickass album!

• Love 2

I hate that Green Day is becoming like a typical crush management band. I mean sure the idea of getting more music more often is great, but I don’t 3 eps in a year or something stupid like that. Why not just release an album every other year and actually bring and mean it. It couldn’t be more obvious that they don’t really care about this album. This band isn’t done from being a very important rock band. Revolution Radio shows that they are still capable of making great music. Songs like Graffitia bad Take the Money and Crawl shoe they can still kick ass. But it just seems like they’re phoning it in and saying "nothing we do will be as good as Dookie or American Idiot". But that’s his crush management runs things. The only band they give a shit about is Panic at the Disco. Crush management has completely taken the balls away from Green Day just like they did with weezer. Were gonna get a bunch of stupid albums that will sell maybe, and I mean if we are fucking lucky, as much as FOAM sold in the first week over the time of a year. Green Day goes pop, Green Day does lullabies, Green Day re-records hits, Green Day goes pop some more, Green Day records covers, Green Day releases three shitty albums in one year again with 2 eps, Green Day tries to go hard rock, Green Day goes Hip Hip, Green Day featuring Brendan Urie, Green Day spoken word album, Green Day classical album, Green Day featuring Lorde, Green Day featuring Billie Eilish in a single that sounds edgy but really isn’t, Green Day amphitheater tour with Tyler the Creator, and do not forget all of the stupid eps that we will get. There’s gonna be so much stupid shit coming that it will damage there own legacy and the Green Day can start doing shows as an opener for the Foo Fighters just like weezer. 

31 minutes ago, Cunt said:

Green Day amphitheater tour with Tyler the Creator, 

Oh no it's Blink n' Lil Wayne all over again lmao

• Like 1

So today I suddenly remembered that Green Day recently released an album and still didn't really have an urge to listen to it again.

Before release I was super doubtful,
just after release I was pleasantly surprised.
Today I have to admit this album so far has been a complete dud for me. Maybe rediscover it later? idk.

If the album never connects to me at least I might find the strength to remove a GD album from my library so that I can forget about the awful cover art.

:(

1 hour ago, Cunt said:

I hate that Green Day is becoming like a typical crush management band. I mean sure the idea of getting more music more often is great, but I don’t 3 eps in a year or something stupid like that. Why not just release an album every other year and actually bring and mean it. It couldn’t be more obvious that they don’t really care about this album. This band isn’t done from being a very important rock band. Revolution Radio shows that they are still capable of making great music. Songs like Graffitia bad Take the Money and Crawl shoe they can still kick ass. But it just seems like they’re phoning it in and saying "nothing we do will be as good as Dookie or American Idiot". But that’s his crush management runs things. The only band they give a shit about is Panic at the Disco. Crush management has completely taken the balls away from Green Day just like they did with weezer. Were gonna get a bunch of stupid albums that will sell maybe, and I mean if we are fucking lucky, as much as FOAM sold in the first week over the time of a year. Green Day goes pop, Green Day does lullabies, Green Day re-records hits, Green Day goes pop some more, Green Day records covers, Green Day releases three shitty albums in one year again with 2 eps, Green Day tries to go hard rock, Green Day goes Hip Hip, Green Day featuring Brendan Urie, Green Day spoken word album, Green Day classical album, Green Day featuring Lorde, Green Day featuring Billie Eilish in a single that sounds edgy but really isn’t, Green Day amphitheater tour with Tyler the Creator, and do not forget all of the stupid eps that we will get. There’s gonna be so much stupid shit coming that it will damage there own legacy and the Green Day can start doing shows as an opener for the Foo Fighters just like weezer. 

calm down.

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, Sheenius said:

Junkies On A High would have been a better choice than Oh Yeah. 

MMOTR has single potential I agree with that. 

That's it. GD during American Idiot had a great strategy where they were able to dish out singles that found airplay on different types of stations. If there's a recipe for success for GD that's the one. 

They have a diverse audience but have had trouble reaching the non-hardcore fans since the beginning of the decade that just past. 

American Idiot:  fast single / ballad / fast single / ballad / fast single.  

That was the structure of the whole album for the most part.  

On both fronts it worked. 

1 hour ago, Cunt said:

There’s gonna be so much stupid shit coming that it will damage there own legacy and the Green Day can start doing shows as an opener for the Foo Fighters just like weezer. 

That's never gonna happen lmao. If Green Day reverts to being an opener the Foo Fighters will also be an opening act just on a different day of the festival 

Rock has really lost it's balls Billie Joe was right he just wasn't right in trying to imply or state that Green Day is gonna save it. 

• Like 1