Father of all Motherfuckers - What are your thoughts on the new album?

BeachBum

1 hour ago, Green Day In Seattle said:

I like this album a whole lot. I think the only song I'm not the biggest fan of is Stab You In The Heart. I don't dislike it, but I don't love it.

Also, I really like Junkies On A High, but I'm super fucking annoyed by the stupid chipmunk "AYE" or whatever it is. I've always hated that kind of effect in music and am very disappointed that it's infected an otherwise stellar GD song. Who okayed that?! Please tell me someone knows what I'm talking about and that I don't sound like a crazy person.

You are not crazy. The "AYE" EXISTS.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Green Day In Seattle said:

I like this album a whole lot. I think the only song I'm not the biggest fan of is Stab You In The Heart. I don't dislike it, but I don't love it.

Also, I really like Junkies On A High, but I'm super fucking annoyed by the stupid chipmunk "AYE" or whatever it is. I've always hated that kind of effect in music and am very disappointed that it's infected an otherwise stellar GD song. Who okayed that?! Please tell me someone knows what I'm talking about and that I don't sound like a crazy person.

Right. AYE is awful, not the melody itself but the chipmunk effect is annoying. And it sounds so flat, like the song was forced to be catchy. 

I still can't figure it out why they chose the song as a single. It's clearly one of the most boring

• Like 2

I don't think Stab You in the Heart is about Trump. Billie has written about fame and money for the first time on this record and I think it's another example of that.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Alf said:

I wish they have rerecorded Kerplunk and 39 back in 1993, during the Dookie Sessions, like they did with Welcome To Paradise and 409. Re do it now would be odd, mostly because the difference on Billie's voice nowadays

They should re-record them, but with Billie doing his new falsetto sound all the way through.   

And maybe adding a sample of a Micheal Jackson song.   

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, greenalert997x said:

Right. AYE is awful, not the melody itself but the chipmunk effect is annoying. And it sounds so flat, like the song was forced to be catchy. 

I still can't figure it out why they chose the song as a single. It's clearly one of the most boring

Junkies is a single???????????

2 hours ago, solongfromthestars said:

I don't think Stab You in the Heart is about Trump. Billie has written about fame and money for the first time on this record and I think it's another example of that.

“Stab You In the Heart” is a revised version of “You Broke My Heart” from These Paper Bullets.

48 minutes ago, That Dude said:

Junkies is a single???????????

lol I got confused, I meant Fire, Ready Aim. Sorry for misreading 😆

• Like 1

On 3/2/2020 at 7:54 AM, papa said:

re-recordings of kerplunk and 39 smooth? you kids are dorks. a) that'll never happen. b) that doesn't need to happen. c) if you think those albums are "bad quality" you need to get your ears checked.

You only need to listen both versions of Welcome to paradise, or the live versions of the dookie era of going to pasalaqua 2000 lights, one of my lies, or christie road to compare and see the big difference

Edited by Gonzalo17
  • Like 3

40 minutes ago, W_FInkThePlatypusHunter said:

“Stab You In the Heart” is a revised version of “You Broke My Heart” from These Paper Bullets.

Yes, but the context is different. I think it fits the fame theme now. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gonzalo17 said:

You only need to listen both versions of Welcome to paradise, or the live versions of the dookie era of going to pasalaqua 2000 lights, one of my lies, or christie road to compare and see the big difference

lol. yes. im aware. but there's a charm with the first two records that would be sorely missed with the production of major label money. also, those records were certainly good enough sounding to get them a huge fan base before they ever even released dookie. 

• Like 1

As soon as BJ said this was going to be a greatest hits tour I stopped listening to the album.

• Like 2

It's mixed into my running playlist. I've been refining my race running list for a 10k I have in a month. When Sugar Youth and Stab on come it's an instant energy burst that I need around mile 4.5-5.5

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Green Day In Seattle said:

I have not heard the chipmunk thing, so I'll try and forget I ever read this before listening again.   

I know once I heard an annoying sound in a song, I can never unhear it.   I don't want this song ruined for me.   To answer your question, I think Tre Cool was who OK'd it.  

Stab you in the Heart and Fire Ready Whatever are definitely the weaker tracks for me.   Come on Billie, you don't need to stab or shoot anybody.   Peace and love, Billie Joe!   

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Beerjeezus said:

It’s still a good album even though BJ is an idiot

Y'know when I was driving this morning I heard Good Riddance & Oh Yeah on the radio.  I don't even care now that it is a greatest hits tour - I will be happy with whatever setlist they bring but of course KFAD just needs to fcuk off.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, greenalert997x said:

Omg thank you! I'm not the only one who thinks it's fucking terrible.

That song would honestly be one of my favorites if it weren't for that stupid effect. I think the lyrics in it are well written and biting and I like the melody too. It doesn't sounds flat or boring imo.

19 hours ago, DadBod said:

It's mixed into my running playlist. I've been refining my race running list for a 10k I have in a month. When Sugar Youth and Stab on come it's an instant energy burst that I need around mile 4.5-5.5

The only K's I do are 4K 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hym.jarred said:

I think Love is for Losers is better than Father of all Motherfuckers 

I think Devil's Kind is way better than any song from Father of all... 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, hym.jarred said:

I think Love is for Losers is better than Father of all Motherfuckers 

Either Money Money 2020... The only good thing of this album (in addition to Graffitia) is that the dissapoinment for the new music, made me listen all the older GD records again

• Like 1

I think I'm the only one whose not into The Longshot. I enjoy FOAM more than I enjoy LIFL. The Longshot is fine, but it just sounded like old school rock n roll to me. And yeah it sounds good, but it just didn't click with me. I've been meaning to revisit it because seeing how everyone loses their shit over the band, I feel like I'm missing something.