Father of all Motherfuckers - What are your thoughts on the new album?

BeachBum

8 hours ago, RisingRedWolf said:

God I'd love this so much. The lack of audio production is the only thing that really holds Kerplunk back from being a fantastic album in my opinion.

I have been hoping for re-recordings since around 2009, but with each passing year it seems less and less likely to happen unfortunately.

The live versions we got have been fantastic though and definitely give me a little taste of a scratch for that itch.

During de 2010 tour they played lot of first two albums tracks (mostly in Costa Rica) and they did a Sweet Children reunion gig... They used also the kerplunk font in their gigs flag, that year was the big chance missed of our dream

• Like 2

re-recordings of kerplunk and 39 smooth? you kids are dorks. a) that'll never happen. b) that doesn't need to happen. c) if you think those albums are "bad quality" you need to get your ears checked.

• Like 3

I wish they have rerecorded Kerplunk and 39 back in 1993, during the Dookie Sessions, like they did with Welcome To Paradise and 409. Re do it now would be odd, mostly because the difference on Billie's voice nowadays

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Aidana Shyngysbayeva said:

Can’t stand sugar youth 

Why ever not?! 😮 

• Like 1

Does anyone know where I can listen to the Japanese bonus track Bang Bang live from the Whisky?

Also, I think a Kill the DJ (Butch Walker Mix) would be super cool. Lol

On 3/1/2020 at 9:18 AM, Kyrthical said:

I'm drinking whiskey singing ayooo

He says “Doing yeyo”, which is cocaine 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, hym.jarred said:

Yeyo is my motto in life. But I've never tried yeyo by the river tho.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Beerjeezus said:

Let’s pretend it’s flour

That actually sounds even more lethal 🤔

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

16 hours ago, Gonzalo17 said:

Kerplunk has grate songs, played live, but is recorded with a low quality sound and production...

It's not really THAT bad 

Listen to 80's hardcore punk albums from 10 years prior they're way worse

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

True, you wouldn’t want to get any into your lungs, but that shouldn’t happen... reminds me of that one time in elementary school we had a class where we got educated about the risks of drugs and then we had arts and crafts, where the teacher had us to draw with glue and then paint over it and sprinkle flour and salt on top of it all. We spent the entire class doing lines of salt pretending it was coke. Didn’t even get nosebleeds :lol:

More importantly, how was the high? 😜

• Haha 2

40 minutes ago, hym.jarred said:

Hey, thanks, I literally had no idea, disregard the next message posted by me after the ayooo one!

Just like every era, I'm all psyched about Green Day and I'm rocking all their albums non stop!  

21st Century Breakdown was even better than I remember it being, and I noticed a lot of small sounds I never noticed before.  

There is one negative on Breakdown though.  As I was playing it, I thought my car stereo was damaged.   That I had lost a speaker or something.   But then I played all the other cds with no sound issue whatsoever.    I messed with the treble and bass and got it to sound decent, but I wasn't aware there was a production issue with that one.   Even after my adjustments, it didn't sound right.   

I'm think Insomniac will be next.   It's one of my least played albums by the boys, and I know it's awesome.   

I don’t understand why they didn’t have Sugar Youth go directly into Junkies on a High instead of having the clear separation. It would have worked so well. I just tested it on logic. I wish I was able to upload the video straight to the forum 

• Like 2

Maybe it's a stupid question for all of you 😅 but I'm trying to improve my english: what's the meaning of Go Low? It's on junkies on a high lyrics and I thought it meant something like get depressed or something but not sure about it. 

1 hour ago, Beerjeezus said:

Let’s pretend it’s flour

wHy nOt pReTeNd iTs sUgAr

1 hour ago, hym.jarred said:

Even though I read the lyrics before I listened to the song I've still always heard "singing heyyy ohhh" 

lmao if he's doing yeyo and singing heyyy ohhh at the same time it sounds like a GD show on crack... literally 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 21st_century_gloria said:

Wow I have a big day today

img%5D

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, 21st_century_gloria said:

Even though I read the lyrics before I listened to the song I've still always heard "singing heyyy ohhh" 

lmao if he's doing yeyo and singing heyyy ohhh at the same time it sounds like a GD show on crack... literally 

I only hear that line as singing HEY OH, so thanks for that Billie :lol:

• Love 2

A bit off topic, but: I still haven't recieved my Father of All LP (the uncencored one) from GD store.
Anyone else that's still waiting for theirs? 

14 minutes ago, ThranaM said:

A bit off topic, but: I still haven't recieved my Father of All LP (the uncencored one) from GD store.

Really? You should contact the Warner store. Even if you have, stay on them because that's ridiculous. 

9 minutes ago, kaylubd said:

Really? You should contact the Warner store. Even if you have, stay on them because that's ridiculous. 

I contaced them earlier today :) Strange that it's taken so long. Probably lost somewhere between seas.. 🤣

23 minutes ago, ThranaM said:

I contaced them earlier today :) Strange that it's taken so long. Probably lost somewhere between seas.. 🤣

Hope it gets to you soon! 

1 hour ago, ThranaM said:

got mine late last week 

if you're outside of the US it can take up to 6 weeks after release date to get your parcel