Father of all Motherfuckers - What are your thoughts on the new album?

BeachBum

5 hours ago, Beerjeezus said:

Same energytumblr_pm0lw0hHzA1wa6lubo1_540.png

Wait... is that BJA??? It looks like the fusion of Kevin Tyler Preston and Jeff Matika 😮 

1 minute ago, 21st_century_gloria said:

Wait... is that BJA??? It looks like the fusion of Kevin Tyler Preston and Jeff Matika 😮 

That's him indeed, I think he has an entire damn photoshoot with that single bottle.

(or knowing Billie, probably multiple bottles)

Edited by Guest

7 hours ago, RisingRedWolf said:

Mate, you're a fucking great guy and I agree with you on many, many things, but here's a quote from BJA "I was thinking of fucking with everyone and just calling it American Idiot part 2".

Crazy thing is, American Idiot Part 2 is honestly a very fitting title, from a subliminal standpoint, y'know? American Idiot was full of underlying themes pertaining to the influence of mass media and I personally feel that there is a definite connection here with FOAM (not necessarily intentional but it is there). I'm not just thinking of Oh Yeah, I'm thinking about how the songs are all short as a reference to the limited attention span of the modern age, the idea of the reduction of music to background noise, etc... not to mention the whole "state of the nation" reaction as in "omg, wtf is going on in the world, I'm freaking out" which is basically every GD album ever but also expressed in a blunter and more poignant way in American Idiot. Almost like it's saying "Oh, you thought 2004 was a mess? Buddy, look at 2020, we're not going anywhere, smh." American Idiot Part 2. Not a magnum opus but a small reflection.

I guess if one continues this overanalyzation, one may think that the reusage of other familiar tunes is a metaphor of longing for times that now seem better ("I don't wanna live in the modern world," anyone?) Idk. That's a stretch I guess.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, RisingRedWolf said:

Every time I hear that line in Oh Yeah "that's what you get turnin' bullets into rockets" my brain instantly goes to say "that's what you get turnin' bottles into rockets".

Fuckin' Billie and his bloody bottle rockets!

"Lost souls/ bottle rockets/ all that we wanted/ it's for our life beyond the stars..."

• Like 2
  • Love 1

11 minutes ago, RisingRedWolf said:

Every time I hear that line in Oh Yeah "that's what you get turnin' bullets into rockets" my brain instantly goes to say "that's what you get turnin' bottles into rockets".

Fuckin' Billie and his bloody bottle rockets!

You're exactly like me ahaha

• Haha 1
  • Love 1

10 minutes ago, 21st_century_gloria said:

"Lost souls/ bottle rockets/ all that we wanted/ it's for our life beyond the stars..."

So fucking this, always reminds me of Outlaws

Edited by Guest

We're still not talking about the rockets...I mean the numbers in the lyric booklet?

It's because I'm the only mfer to buy a physical copy (and am trying to return that darn digital one that came in my coffee!!!) isn't it???

Or have we been silenced?

I now sleep with the booklet by my bed.  You guys aren't really fans. Haha.  

I should probably go back to sleep.  I am such a big fan my body woke up 2 hours before my alarm just to drink the Dark Roast.

Also....had a dream about GDA.

You guys were hastling me about not using pictures to make a point.

I'm freaking old, okay dream GDA.

I have a hard time with the lyrics in "Stabbie" 

The reason is he doesn't even say "pictures don't lie"

He just says "dont lie to front page news" which makes no sense at all.

But then again, how high is your low as far as I can go" makes even less.  

Drinking my dark roast and blasting the album this morning.  Got emotional during Sugar Youth and Graffitia. 

1 hour ago, That Dude said:

He just says "dont lie to front page news" which makes no sense at all.

But then again, how high is your low as far as I can go" makes even less.  

It's "[pictures] don't lie when you're front page news" 

• Like 2

Wtf is the staticy background noise in Stab You in the Heart? Comes in during the second verse. Sounds like a crowd cheering mixed with a phaser.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

Wtf is the staticy background noise in Stab You in the Heart? Comes in during the second verse. Sounds like a crowd cheering mixed with a phaser.

A crowd of teenage teenagers that are medium visitors cheering mixed with a phaser set to kill. 

2 hours ago, That Dude said:

He just says "dont lie to front page news" which makes no sense at all.

The song is 100 % about Trump. Billie said Trump would never get a song out of him, but in fact we already got two (Back in the USA and Stab).

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Thatsername said:

The song is 100 % about Trump. Billie said Trump would never get a song out of him, but in fact we already got two (Back in the USA and Stab).

Add another if you count FOAM. 

...Lmao at the idea of a possible meme of Trump at the State of the Union with Nancy Pelosi behind him ripping up the speech as Stab You in the Heart plays in the background

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Thatsername said:

It's not about Trump. He wrote it for These Paper Bullets. 

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

Trump existed at that time.  So....both.

13 minutes ago, That Dude said:

Trump existed at that time.  So....both.

But he wasn’t in the White House, so nope. 

1 minute ago, DadBod said:

But he wasn’t in the White House, so nope. 

We need to get back on topic....about the numbers in the lyrics book..

A song can be about anything you like....or dislike.

2 hours ago, DookieLukie said:

But the words were completely changed from heartbreak to murder

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, That Dude said:

The numbers is the booklet!!!!!!!!!

Somebody acknowledge them!!!!!!!!

I see the little numbers in the font but I just don't really get it. Anyone here a detective?

• Thanks 1

I had to fight myself hard to stop FOAM from blasting.  It was the second time yesterday that "Teenage Teenagery Teenaging Teenagathon" started where I was finally like "okay, time for something else!"

After jokingly bashing Dookie on here one too many times, I realized it has been years since really listening to it.  Probably Trilogy era! 

So this morning I cranked it up and WOW. 

Dookie still holds up after so many years! 

It really IS almost as good as FOAM, which is crazy!  (can't help the joking, sorry!)

This reminds me... I think it is late enough in this era.  I can now officially rank Father of All Dot Dot Dot.  

I'll post it when once all the frankstorming is done.  Will FOAM beat out Dookie?  

All I can say is that FOAM beats 1039 and Kerplunk. 

Idiot/Warning/Nimrod beat FOAM.  

The other albums I'm going to have to really think about.