Father of all Motherfuckers - What are your thoughts on the new album?

BeachBum

5 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

I think the truth is really that the album art conveys that they are not taking themselves too seriously and that’s an important distinction. This is not a troll on the public.  Billie said that the defacing of the AI cover and the joke of the AI part two title was a way of taking the piss out of their own legacy and laughing at themselves. I don’t think the joke goes any further than that. He’s talked about times he has taken the pressure of Green Day far too seriously in the past and this is a way of alleviating that and just trying to enjoy themselves more. At their best they have always had a twisted sense of humor.

I agree. It’s hyperbole / an ironic take at their past and the expectations that come with it. However, I’m not sure if it’s universally understandable. To most people it likely just looks weird.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

I agree. It’s hyperbole / an ironic take at their past and the expectations that come with it. However, I’m not sure if it’s universally understandable. To most people it likely just looks weird.

thats because it IS weird. It looks like  a 2 year old made it.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

And they don’t care 🙂

30 minutes ago, **nobodylikesyou** said:

thats because it IS weird. It looks like  a 2 year old made it.

That’s his style 😜

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

That’s his style 😜

Yes it is. He is an artist, but not that kind. LOL

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Pansyhunter said:

I have to respectfully disagree heavily. Dookie is one of their most iconic albums and has such a interesting and fun cover with so many little details that range from other band references to fun pop culture things. FOA was literally made with glitter and glue, on the backdrop of AI (to fuck with the fans) and a fucking unicorn, lmao. It screams sloppy hot topic cringe. 

You just haven't figured out what the numbers in the booklet mean yet.  Once you do, you will understand the glory of FOAM.

Also, I was just picking in the Dookie.  It's a work of art and I just might listen to it tomorrow while driving!  

I just pulled my copy off the shelf and ya know, it would loom better if all the characters were replaced with the unicorn.  

39 minutes ago, That Dude said:

You just haven't figured out what the numbers in the booklet mean yet.  Once you do, you will understand the glory of FOAM. 

Please elaborate good sir.

33 minutes ago, RisingRedWolf said:

Please elaborate good sir.

Please turn to page 4.

1.  76.  729.  72. 4. 67. 71. 4. 76. 4. 72. 72. 729. 76. 67.  194.  72. 94.

4. 67. 729. 729.  729.  194.  

Most of you probably think it's just a wacky font or type set. 

I am so tired from working 6am -8:30pm that I just checked the FOAM booklet to see who quoted me on here.

It's time for bed and a little bit more. 

Guess what hasn't lost its fun and I'm not f#&!ing lonely!