Green Day perform at the AMAs Sun Nov 24

pacejunkie punk

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

FOAMF and Basket Case and they killed it. I love that Billie Eilish introduced them too.  But it was ridiculous that the camera twice showed the same woman in the audience looking at her phone 

I think that was because they were so surprised by Billie's middle finger so they quickly needed a different camera angle 😂

2 minutes ago, jengd said:

I love Billie’s gentle lie down with Blue for Mike to walk over him 😍😍

That was a cute change up from the normal "crawling" through the legs.

32 minutes ago, Flashback said:

I think that was because they were so surprised by Billie's middle finger so they quickly needed a different camera angle 😂

It wasn't live. Well it was but it's a 5 second delay on TV. So the cameran/production/crew member of the AMAs have 5 second to *beep* some curse words and change the camera view for, in this case, a middle finger.

Same thing during the Superbowl since Janet Jackson show.

Anyone else awfully proud of these fellas, after absolutely slaying it at most award shows where all almost all other performing artists are pop music, and they are lip-syncing and/or don't even write their own music? I get so dragged-down every time I watch these shows, seeing what has become of popular music. All the audience gawking over some lip-sync'd performance, and nearly ZERO rock music performances. Then, along comes Green Day, with guitars, drums, keys, and live microphones................ and they absolutely kill it each time. Love seeing the fans out their really enjoy Green Day's performance after watching how a rock band that got big 25 years ago, peaks out of the closed doors every few years and wreaks havoc on the other performances. Can't help but enjoy seeing this every time they play at these shows. :)

16 minutes ago, iWroteHoldenCaulfield84 said:

Anyone else awfully proud of these fellas, after absolutely slaying it at most award shows where all almost all other performing artists are pop music, and they are lip-syncing and/or don't even write their own music? I get so dragged-down every time I watch these shows, seeing what has become of popular music. All the audience gawking over some lip-sync'd performance, and nearly ZERO rock music performances. Then, along comes Green Day, with guitars, drums, keys, and live microphones................ and they absolutely kill it each time. Love seeing the fans out their really enjoy Green Day's performance after watching how a rock band that got big 25 years ago, peaks out of the closed doors every few years and wreaks havoc on the other performances. Can't help but enjoy seeing this every time they play at these shows. :)

Yep I am! You can see the fans experiencing the contrast between a shit performance and a professional performance. 

I'm curious to see what happens with the Grammys.. GD has a had a huge push this time around and they've been off the map for a while with previous albums/singles

I believe the single would also be eligible for Best Rock Song because of it's release. I don't think the album will be considered for the year after but the song has been popular so far sitting at top 5 on multiple charts for 2 months and hit a few #1s. 

42 minutes ago, iWroteHoldenCaulfield84 said:

I think they were really driving that point home too with the acoustic guitar on the red carpet for those who might not know what a real instrument looks like 😄 

Haha I remember 10 years ago they were the only rock band the kids knew together with Linkin Park so now they're aspiring for this status as the last surviving band :dry:

That pyro after the 1st chorus in Basket Case 😂😂

Oh and GD sound and look great 

Wow that was a fantastic performance!  About to watch it a second time.   Sometimes with the award shows the guys don't seem into it, so this one was an amazing surprise.

The "She" snippet was great, as was the Nirvana tease and the little one liner from "Bad Blood".    If only they would have given Billie Joe more MINUTES they could have done a Nirvana medley.   Start with the chords of "Teen Spirit", but then play "Rape Me" in it's entirety like the reverse of what Nirvana did back in the day.  

It's nice how relevant Green Day are despite all the years.   They are really turning into the last gang in town when it comes to making great music AND staying in the mainstream.   I can't imagine another 80-90s band playing a show like this and getting such a reaction from that crowd.    Green Day have something no other band can replicate. 

Oh and another thing!  

I haven't listened to "Basketcase" for awhile because it's one of those songs we've all heard 10 kapillion times, but this performance made me remember how freaking great that song is.  

Probably my favorite single off Dookie.   :)

15 minutes ago, legendary said:

Now it's leading.

the power of GDC 

1 hour ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Well get on it and share man 😎

I will and then I'll send Crush Mgmt an invoice

4 hours ago, DadBod said:

Video of the full performance on GD youtube page:

Have you noticed this is a new and improved edit? They cut the three shots of the bored woman on her phone and her bored friends and replaced it with more shots of Billie (fingers up and flashing money).  Fixed 👍🖕

8 hours ago, Sheenius said:

Yep I am! You can see the fans experiencing the contrast between a shit performance and a professional performance. 

I'm curious to see what happens with the Grammys.. GD has a had a huge push this time around and they've been off the map for a while with previous albums/singles

I believe the single would also be eligible for Best Rock Song because of it's release. I don't think the album will be considered for the year after but the song has been popular so far sitting at top 5 on multiple charts for 2 months and hit a few #1s. 

I think they missed eligibility by about 10 days (cut off for 2020 was August 31st).  😕  

23 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Have you noticed this is a new and improved edit? They cut the three shots of the bored woman on her phone and her bored friends and replaced it with more shots of Billie (fingers up and flashing money).  Fixed 👍🖕

I haven’t watch this version yet. I just assumed it was the same as last nights cut. But yay! 

Archived