New Single "Fire, Ready, Aim" Will Debut October 9th

Todd

8 minutes ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

That's not what I'm doing though

Well, I might be interpreting what you say in the wrong way, but to me it seems like you keep looking for reasons for some people to not genuinely like these songs. Which is kinda the same as looking for reasons for some people to not genuinely dislike these songs. Looks like we are kinda split in half here, so I don’t really think there’s a group “pressuring” people to like or dislike this music. There’s fans liking it and fans not liking it, and I think the attempts to “delegitimize” one view or the other are dumb, in both directions. 

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is ROCK N ROLL! Power chords, verse/chorus/verse, Green Day music for the last 30 years.

You don't have to like it, of course, but I'm surprised at the response.

AND to all the audioheads out there, send me a link to your band and show us how much better you are than  Green Day.

In fact, if your such an expert, get your band to re-record these songs, get more likes and youtube views than GREEN DAY, and show me what these songs are supposed to sound like according to you.

As of right now, haters are just trollin'. If you don't like it, walk away. This band owes you NOTHING.

Cuz I fuckin love this rock n roll, and I'm gonna dance to it, shout to it, and live it up! And also get injurred attemtping to ice skate

2 hours ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

Not liking something doesn't make you less of a fan

This. 

3 hours ago, greenalert997x said:

'If you don't like it, you're not a true Green Day fan'?
Really? That's what core fanbase is supposed to do, to discuss every little detail. There are as many opinions as there are people
If I don't like something about Green Day, I WILL be complaining and whining, of course, within reason

It's seems like you have to like everything they do, if not, you're not a real fans. 
I hate Nightlife, guys 

41 minutes ago, SqueekBatHalloweenBlaster said:

This is ROCK N ROLL! Power chords, verse/chorus/verse, Green Day music for the last 30 years.

AND to all the audioheads out there, send me a link to your band and show us how much better you are than  Green Day.

In fact, if your such an expert, get your band to re-record these songs, get more likes and youtube views than GREEN DAY, and show me what these songs are supposed to sound like according to you.

As of right now, haters are just trollin'. If you don't like it, walk away. This band owes you NOTHING.

Cuz I fuckin love this rock n roll, and I'm gonna dance to it, shout to it, and live it up! And also get injurred attemtping to ice skate

Reasonable requests

On the topic of this fan community apparently being so bitchy or hateful, I just want to quote one of the most upvoted/liked comments on their YouTube video, because I think it  perfectly encapsulates the average reaction of a lot of Green Day fans:

This sounds like a song you would hear in a commercial. The 'woah-oh-ohs', backing vocals on the chorus, cliche handclaps melody...everything sounds exactly like how I expect a song in the background to sound. I love Green Day and really want to support them but I know they can do better than this

I don't see any outrage, hate or even bitching, just polite criticism. I think considering what Green Day just put out, that's a very moderate/reasonable response. 

And I don't think this would be the same in all fan communities...

Even though I love being in the fan community, I feel like being a fan isn't always the best way to approach art, because fandom comes with intensified emotions so instead of "oh this is okay but nothing special and moving on" we're here analysing songs that are really nothing more than okay but not special. I try to care less, because that way I'll enjoy it more.

I don't know if this really is a commercial sound though. This isn't exactly how current mainstream music sounds like. It's just average garage-style Green Day with muffled vocals.

1 hour ago, SqueekBatHalloweenBlaster said:

In fact, if you're such an expert, get your band to re-record these songs, get more likes and youtube views than GREEN DAY, and show me what these songs are supposed to sound like according to you.

I'd just like to say that being critical or disliking something does not automatically fucking mean they have to try doing it better to make their point valid. That mindset of yours is frankly stupid.

15 hours ago, DookieLukie said:

The FBHT album is one of their best even if it was under the Green Day name. 

I agree with this. There's actually some really great songs on it. 

Mother Mary even got airplay here in 2007-2008. 

Even if you strip down some of The Network songs to just guitar bass and drums there's even some great tunes there.

4 hours ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

That's not what I'm doing though

Then stop bringing up people forcing themselves to like a song. Thats clearly not the case here when most are saying they dont like it if people are saying they like it, it doesnt automatically mean they are forcing themselves to. 

11 minutes ago, EmmaCharlatan&Saints said:

Then stop bringing up people forcing themselves to like a song. Thats clearly not the case here when most are saying they dont like it if people are saying they like it, it doesnt automatically mean they are forcing themselves to. 

I never said anyone here was doing that. I said I think that SOME people are doing that. I've even said myself that I still like the songs somewhat. I just think that it's quite poor by GD standards. I'm not saying anyone who likes it is forcing themselves to like it

3 minutes ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

I never said anyone here was doing that. I said I think that SOME people are doing that. I've even said myself that I still like the songs somewhat. I just think that it's quite poor by GD standards. I'm not saying anyone who likes it is forcing themselves to like it

Billie has written a song for all of you. "Let yourself go". Is not better to you just enjoy whatever you like and not stress and not write opinion about not like the song here. I understand some people dont like it, i not impressed about it too but i dont understand why come and stress out losing nerve cells

4 minutes ago, Jorgemas said:

Billie has written a song for all of you. "Let yourself go". Is not better to you just enjoy whatever you like and not stress and not write opinion about not like the song here. I understand some people dont like it, i not impressed about it too but i dont understand why come and stress out losing nerve cells

:lol:

Yeah sure, I'm the one stressing out. All I'm doing is giving my opinion and responding to people attacking me for my opinion. I think if people think everything the band has released to date is flawless, then it's likely they're forcing themselves to like certain material from the band more than they do

29 minutes ago, walking_c0ntradicti0n said:

I'd just like to say that being critical or disliking something does not automatically fucking mean they have to try doing it better to make their point valid. That mindset of yours is frankly stupid.

I know, I stupid. I tried to be smart, but it hurt!

It's almost as if what I was saying is.... hyperbole!  Baby got the hyperbole!

2 hours ago, SqueekBatHalloweenBlaster said:

I am missing the connection amid "I don't like it " and "get your band to re-record these songs in order to prove you're much better than Green Day".

It's a topic in a forum open for a constructive debate , what you're saying it's the right contrary

2 minutes ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

:lol:

Yeah sure, I'm the one stressing out. All I'm doing is giving my opinion and responding to people attacking me for my opinion. I think if people think everything the band has released to date is flawless, then it's likely they're forcing themselves to like certain material from the band more than they do

Let them force themselves. I forcing me too. Ive been fan for 10 years now love gd too much. On may ill see them for the first time and want to enjoy my time. How i enjoy the concert if i dont like their songs? I wil evem have a sign for them to play brutal love, having a blast and i hope they dont play too many foam material. 

Wait, this could be like the Sonic the Hedgehog movie. If enough people react negatively, will the studio pull it and rework it?

26 minutes ago, dannygreen said:

I am missing the connection amid "I don't like it " and "get your band to re-record these songs in order to prove you're much better than Green Day".

It's a topic in a forum open for a constructive debate , what you're saying it's the right contrary

Oops, i shouldn't use hyperbole anymore. Baby got hyperbole.

I meant that some of the resident experts of audio engineering here have a problem with the mix, so it sounded to me like they are volunteering to fix it with their mixing and mastering. I'd like to see them do better job of it as they implied. They're pointing out what they think is wrong (claps are too loud, bad guitar tone, BJ's singing voice, etc., etc.)

Act upon your ideas. SHOW us that your sound is better.

People are doing this with the Father of All album cover. They didn't like, made a different cover, and posted it on social where it's getting exposure

I don't get why people think this is a fuck you to Warner, this is quite a believable sound for Green Day to have to me. I can the link to The Longshot, with a bit more 'casual/face value songs' and more of rock and rollerz vibe to it.

45 minutes ago, SqueekBatHalloweenBlaster said:

Wait, this could be like the Sonic the Hedgehog movie. If enough people react negatively, will the studio pull it and rework it?

Oops, i shouldn't use hyperbole anymore. Baby got hyperbole.

I meant that some of the resident experts of audio engineering here have a problem with the mix, so it sounded to me like they are volunteering to fix it with their mixing and mastering. I'd like to see them do better job of it as they implied. They're pointing out what they think is wrong (claps are too loud, bad guitar tone, BJ's singing voice, etc., etc.)

Act upon your ideas. SHOW us that your sound is better.

People are doing this with the Father of All album cover. They didn't like, made a different cover, and posted it on social where it's getting exposure

I answered you because I am one of those who had something to say about the mixing. I want to avoid sterile quarrels but I just want to say you that saying that you don't like something doesn't mean you have to be able to do it better. If this happened to me, Green day called me and asked me to do the mix I'd do different choices following my taste, this doesn't make an arrogant of me and this doesn't mean the mix will be better obviously. 

If a lot of people are complaining about BJ's voice means that maybe it could have been a wrong choice or maybe people just felt it so. 

At that level everything is done on purpose so we are not talking about mistakes but choices. Saying that you like them or not is what forums are made for. 

8 hours ago, Mato said:

"Computer generated sounds" have absolutely nothing to do with DAW you're using. I guess your thesis come from same old "analog is better than digital" crap that lot of people tend go for as a result of ignorancy and listening to mediocre engineers and "producers" who are spreading this trend across the internet. It has also been popularized by people such as Steve Albini or, if you go even further, Dave Grohl.. 

There are no rules, it always depends on the situation. Sometimes it's all analog, sometimes it's all digital, sometimes it's combination of both.

I guarantee you that if a record is made digital, with good skills and experience, most people will never know how it's been recorded, based only on listening. Immediate example that comes into my head is Jet's first record (Get Born), which is recorded completely digital. You go and listen and tell me it doesn't sound raw and "analog" as fuck.

USA standard is mostly ProTools, European is mostly Cubase (Nuendo in some cases). 

I'd still argue Cubase is more sophisticated in some of the aspects, for start in basic track organisation and overall transparency / shortcuts and macros. 

You missunderstood me. ProTools doesn‘t have the best piano roll by example, that‘s what is critisized by many musicians. Every sequencer has its advantages and disadvantages and some are better for music that is mainly recorded and some are better for music that‘s completely computer generated

I was never a true fan I've only listened to them most of my life for the sick thrill of one day someone finding out that I can't stand them

I don't see how this is a particularly commercial sound compared to anything else they've released? Almost all their music is very catchy and appeals to a mainstream audience. But what currently massive commercial music acts particularly sound like this?? Didn't know garage rock was big right now.

Also is freedom to simply like or dislike the song without drama and accusations too much to ask? Come on people.

2 hours ago, Beerjeezus said:

By the way, I'd absolutely love to re-record Green Day songs to make them more to my taste. Dookiefied was awesome.

The Dookiefied guy (Heart at War ??) was very good ! Love his covers and his 2 records too. 

20 minutes ago, Hermione said:

Also is freedom to simply like or dislike the song without drama and accusations too much to ask? Come on people.

FOAM like/ Fire-ready-aim dislike😀

Archived