New Single "Fire, Ready, Aim" Will Debut October 9th

Todd

Just now, solongfromthestars said:

This is the influence I hear, at least in the piano parts.

Makes sense since Billie has been hanging out with Kevin so much, even if it's not Prima Donna but their influences.

I would love so much this influences 😍

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, solongfromthestars said:

This is the influence I hear, at least in the piano parts.

Makes sense since Billie has been hanging out with Kevin so much, even if it's not Prima Donna but their influences.

This is actually a thought I've had, especially with all of the Prince comments he's been making recently.

Reading the fist comments after hearing the song on this thread, I just want to say that I don't feel that it's lazy. It's fast, but it doesn't even sound like 2 minutes long, it seems longer, because it's not only fast but also condensed at times, but in a good way. A lot of stuff happening in it. I love how the backing vocals, and also these guitar effects, succeed to the lines. I barely heard the clapping until someone mentioned it and I paid attention to it. It's less present than in The Longshot where I think it was fun. Billie's vocals are nailed, and there's much less filter on it than in Foam. "Baby got the hyperbole" can be interpreted in loads of different ways, like usual with GD's lyrics. You "got" like you "understand" that everything that is said in the verses is a hyperbole, that's the first meaning that comes in mind. Does it need to mean something precise and certain to be catchy? For people whom I gave Foam and this one to listen to, they mostly prefer it to my favorite trilogy songs. Not my case, but they are still damn catchy and they totally work 

18 hours ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

Yeah I'm not really sure the band can get much more out of Rob. But I'm sure Rob would've prevented THIS from happening

People still consider the trilogy to be their worst project. That's not really true with Warning. RevRad was seen as a step up but way too safe. I like the trilogy and RevRad but they're far from perfect

I respect all point of views but who cares what "people" think :P. I'd say about Warning that I like it, a lot, but I place the trilogy and RevRad higher. RevRad is the closest to perfection GD have gotten for me. Some songs are over perfection because they're so good it's indescribable with words (while this also exists in every of their albums). Overall I don't know what is really "perfect" or "safe" if I'm just glad with the albums the way they are. Then I just have personal preference

ALL RIGHT PEOPLE, it's time for the biggest Green Day fan in Lithuania to write his drunk opinion. I give both songs a 7/10, which means, that's it is good. However, fool me not, under particular substances, the psychoactive materials told me (in a subtle way, of course), that these songs DO NOT HAVE SOUL. It was, simply put, taken by and butchered by Butch Walker. People, don't fool yourselves. Yes, I understand, that these songs are catchy and growers, but the grass in front of the house has more soul. Or, more accurately, I could feel a glimpse of soul. A little shadow, like an echo from the past (Jesus of Suburbia, Christian, Amanda and My name is Billie and I'm freaking out), ALMOST AS IF IT BREAKS MY HEART. That the future is now, and the older times will never come back. I just hope that Billie has something more in mind, but I cannot hide from myself - these are not the songs that I would secretly listen while being alone and happy or depressed, and they won't bring deep memories. Fuck. The biggest issue is the filter. Oh boy oh boy how holy can one man's voice become, and that is Billie's! 

19 hours ago, concretedream said:

everyone here hates youngblood lol, agree though

no not everyone

19 hours ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

Maybe Billie's going mad and writing random shit.

Or maybe the "trolls" has to do with the "daily outrage" and "attack without thought" which is also mentioned in the description. Internet trolls attack people on the internet without thinking

Some trolls attack with thinking, sadly, it's like the dose of adrenaline they get in the day and their energy and brain use pass into it. But yeah internet, texts, current social media and highly-techonologized life incites everyone to react on the spot, because all the consequences feel so far and disconnected from you, no matter how far you are connected... if that makes sense.

19 hours ago, petros said:

Stop with this nonsense please. Sometimes I like homecoming even more than jos.

To me, Jos < homecoming < Forever Now. But all three are great. I'd even nuance by saying Jos live > Homecoming live. Now if they played Homecoming live these days it would be another story. I think they sound better than ever.

18 hours ago, One_of_the_Whatsernames said:

And to those of you complaining that this song has no meaning, you’re not looking at the whole picture. The song is literally meant to be meaningless; Billie himself confirms it in the caption “This song is about daily outrage. Attack without thought. Hyperbole. Anyway, stick a hammer in your mouth. Shut up and dance!”; attack without thought. It’s emulating that. That’s why it’s called Fire, Ready aim and not Ready, Aim, Fire. 

I don't think that the song is meant to be meaningless, rather denouncing something that in the end is meaningless. The whole social media thing, where you have to be faster than the speed of light to respond to everything coming to you, is doing more bad than good, why don't you just get your head out of it and dance, without doing what is expected of you? that could be a first meaning. Stop attacking for free, but instead have a good time for free.

6 hours ago, EmmaCharlatan&Saints said:

Dude you seriously have a stick up your ass. Band makes money from music...ohhh scary. You dont like you dont like it. 

to each their own

16 hours ago, dallasthemenace said:

i like the fuck out of it. ...i dont quite get the whole 'hammer in your mouth' thing...but, aight.

It's a bdsm trend Billie is launching

Ok I'm stopping 

I really do not think that GD are too much care about how much fans like or not like the new materials. No band should care about it to be honest. They are just making their fu*king music, like it or not. They dont care 

6 minutes ago, Metadon said:

I really do not think that GD are too much care about how much fans like or not like the new materials. No band should care about it to be honest. They are just making their fu*king music, like or not. They dont care 

Actually, you are right. I was doing my stand up show. It was great. But there were some remarks after the show, that there should have been less songs, more jokes, it should have had a break, etc., but I did my show in a way THAT I LIKED. I mean, audience is important, but if you don't enjoy it yourself, what's the point? So yeah, Green Day can do whatever the hell they want, and we are just observers.

3 minutes ago, Bakabanas said:

Actually, you are right. I was doing my stand up show. It was great. But there were some remarks after the show, that there should have been less songs, more jokes, it should have had a break, etc., but I did my show in a way THAT I LIKED. I mean, audience is important, but if you don't enjoy it yourself, what's the point? So yeah, Green Day can do whatever the hell they want, and we are just observers.

exactly mate ! 

15 hours ago, Hermione said:

The way he pronounces "hyperbole" though 😩. Or is that just the way it's pronounced in the US? lol

I've heard it on linguee (a translation site where you can have a hearing of each word in UK and US accent), and Billie pronounces it pretty normally, just in a singing way that emphasizes the "e" in the end :P

9 hours ago, Platypus2000 said:

Really hope Billie doesn’t burn his voice out trying to replicate all this high pitched stuff live, he struggled with FOAMF in a short space of time in between performances. Would rather he just used his raw voice, I think that’s why people seem to prefer the live versions more. 

Also, this album is definitely a massive “fuck you” to everyone, it’s kinda badass tbh 😂😂 

I trust him to know what he's doing with his voice! He's always pushed it to some extents. I bet he's going to give out great 100% performances

Yeah, this album is a fuck you. I like the echoing he does with the trilogy. Even showing that he's drinking now, but desacralizing it somehow, showing he can still do things right while drinking. And he seems in a good mental place to me whatever anyone can say.

7 hours ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

I didn't say everyone. But I'm always hearing people say stuff like "I hated the song first but after listening to it over and over I like it now" (paraphrasing of course). I'm all for giving a song a fair chance, and if you just like the song then great. But I'm sure that people do that whenever a band they like releases something they're not really digging

Why is Billie writing about internet trolls anyway? There's nothing to say about them other than they try to get a rise out of you. And Billie seems like the person to take the bait when trolled. Just think back to that whole Instagram post about Trump thing and Billie's over the top reaction

The fact he had been one to take the bait makes him more sensible to that issue, probably. Caring about the truth, so not shutting up to the trolls at first, but at the same time, how to differentiate yourself from the trolls when you start replying to them? To the mainstream eye, it doesn't work. I guess Billie is just externalizing all that through music.

7 hours ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

I don't think this is them outside of their comfort zone at all. The only reason it sounds different to a typical GD song is the vocal filters. FOAMF is them outside of their comfort zone because not only does it have a lot of vocal effects but the vocal style (the falsetto) is different. KYE and this are very comparable but KYE is far superior and is overhated imo

I agree with that. I think that from a certain point Billie has found himself comfortable with that garage angry punk rock sound that's Foxboro, Longshot, and now pretty much Foam. It doesn't mean there haven't been some changes from one to another, each has their own identity and are great in their own ways, and great because they are different. I'd say this is the first time Green Day put out something that sounds familiar with their sideprojects, and that in itself may be the risk. But it feels like the style of music that Billie gets out naturally these days. This being said, I'm loving it. But if we're talking about safe, I'd agree that is not not safe in a way. :P Live it's gonna be a blast and these fuckers know it :wub:

6 hours ago, solongfromthestars said:

Shouting "you're a liar!!!1!" at internet trolls, though? I suppose that's very Billie :P I assume it's about people wasting energy on being dicks and those who pay attention to them, not people speaking out about serious issues. It will just encourage trolls but then Billie is good at that, too.

I'm not pretending to be in Billie's head but in a way, once you try to reply to what you perceive as trolls, you can include yourself in the trolling, because the truth is so hard to decipher once there's this distanced argumentation that takes place. Some people spend their energy on being dicks, agreed, some pay attention to it... Many people do, not everyone shows it. Billie showed it. "Trolling" can touch serious issues even so. Some people commit suicide because of trolls. Some people think they have no friend because they see someone have thousands  of "friends". Billie paid attention to trolls too at some point. I believe he wants to write about it since it can be a serious issue in the world of today. Maybe, speaking about trolls in his description of the new song, he's simply saying he doesn't care about what people will say about their new musical direction. Maybe it's deeper than that but I'd be tempted to say it encourages us to live fully and through what does us good rather than paying attention to what we, each person individually, see as trolls.

If you listen to it on the right speakers?? I should be able to listen to it out of a goddamn tin can and enjoy it. (Like all of gds previous work excluding the trilogy but including rev rad)

2 hours ago, Montclare said:

@Khaleesi. Confirmed by the opening band to be cigarette ash (not trying to start the conversation again, just providing the picture asked for).

Thank you! 

Yeah, that’s 100% not cocaine. But I guess it’s a good thing that most of you don’t actually know what coke looks like ;) 

After listening to it more, I really dig this song a lot. The way I see it, the people who expect American Idiot levels of complexity, or the Dookie sound all the time are up their own ass.

12 minutes ago, Yosuke Hanamura said:

After listening to it more, I really dig this song a lot. The way I see it, the people who expect American Idiot levels of complexity, or the Dookie sound all the time are up their own ass.

eh there's nothing wrong with it, its an enjoyable enough song, just expect a bit more from Green Day than a Hives cover. Its a nice song, just think they could do more

23 hours ago, WhiteTim said:

GD co-produced 

GD were the main producers on Warning and that might be their best-produced album

I forget if this was noticed before but this from Rolling Stone:

“Future Father of All… singles will also be released during Wednesday Night Hockey, according to Associated Press.”

So more singles to come and they will come out on Wednesdays like this one did

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/green-day-fire-ready-aim-nhl-song-anthem-listen-897252/

26 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

I forget if this was noticed before but this from Rolling Stone:

“Future Father of All… singles will also be released during Wednesday Night Hockey, according to Associated Press.”

So more singles to come and they will come out on Wednesdays like this one did

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/green-day-fire-ready-aim-nhl-song-anthem-listen-897252/

...Odd. I didn't expect more than these 2, since the album is so short and has so few songs.  But them saying singles means there';s at least 2 more, so looks like we're getting almost half the album before release. Which would be fine if the album wasn't so short. ;o

2 hours ago, throwaway9802 said:

GD were the main producers on Warning and that might be their best-produced album

Yes but they had Cavallo overseeing them over it as well RevRad was the first sole  GD produced with no over the shoulder help 

my comment was meant to point out since the user I was replying to was just addressing Butch Walker that it isn’t just him producing the album 

Just okay, not really liking it too much.  Only listened a couple of time, will try to get through a few more.  Hoping that there will be a GD single that sounds good.  I like FOAMF now, but still wanting that really good song to be released so I can anticipate wanting to listen to this new album.  

Seeing other songs will be released in the upcoming months I think this will be the last leak I listen to 10 songs 26 mins and if 4-5 songs come out beforehand that’s half the album 

Archived