New Single "Fire, Ready, Aim" Will Debut October 9th

Todd

I wish that they would have done foam as a side project and used the songs from the Longshot as a green day album. The Longshot were so much fun to see live but the recording was lacking, if those songs were fleshed out more with Mike and Tre and then got a proper recording it would have been great! This era is gunna be a step backwards I think, I have no interest in going to the hella mega tour

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Maddie86 said:

I wish that they would have done foam as a side project and used the songs from the Longshot as a green day album. The Longshot were so much fun to see live but the recording was lacking, if those songs were fleshed out more with Mike and Tre and then got a proper recording it would have been great! This era is gunna be a step backwards I think, I have no interest in going to the hella mega tour

This x 10,000

2 hours ago, Little Boy Named Airplane said:

It's my first Green Day era on GDC and it's pretty sad that a lot of you don't like it :(

I'll be all alone enjoying this era in my corner. 😂

Let me join you in enjoy this era in that corner! 😁

3 minutes ago, Maddie86 said:

I think cult hero, happiness and chasing a ghost would be great songs. If he d only worked chasing a ghost with the whole band :(the song was the best for me together with cult hero

Lights out, hearts collide, too much too soon not to mention shenanigans. All B-sides that make this album track seem even worse than it already does. 

1 minute ago, petros said:

Lights out, hearts collide, too much too soon not to mention shenanigans. All B-sides that make this album track seem even worse than it already does. 

Hearts collide was so awesome!

Sorry for the shameless promotion. :P

For those who enjoyed the “Wednesday Night Hockey” opening sequence, you can download it right here.

i like the fuck out of it. ...i dont quite get the whole 'hammer in your mouth' thing...but, aight.

8 minutes ago, DadBod said:

im there. i'll bring the cigarettes, ramen, and the bag.

I immediately like this song better than FOAMF. Its really catchy and fun. Lyrics are kinda weird but I like this. Doesn't overstay its welcome either. Honestly....I kinda like his vocal delivery in this song, definitely an improvement over the falsetto in FOAMF imo. Also think the keyboards are a nice touch. I don't really care for the oohs and aaaahs though 7/10. 

I think this album might lack substance lyrically but I think it'll be a quick fun ride 

26 minutes ago, belinda jane said:

I thought he was just jotting down a set list and Jesus? was a possible addition of JOS.

Wonder what the "19" means?

9 minutes ago, dallasthemenace said:

i like the fuck out of it. ...i dont quite get the whole 'hammer in your mouth' thing...but, aight.

Reading his notes again, I think the hammer refers to all the outrage, hyperbole and knee jerk reactions people post without thinking (Fire, Ready, Aim meaning to fire off a response without thought) so he’s saying just shut up and dance — stick that hammer in your mouth and shut up. 

23 minutes ago, DadBod said:

Same. I think alot of people are not being fair. We have not even heard rhe whole album yet.

1 hour ago, 1039Revolutions said:

It completely boggles my mind that Green Day fans aren’t raving about this song. It is an amazing rock song, and brilliantly produced. 

I was a huge fan of the trilogy and I’m grateful that Billie is back to making this kind of stripped down rock. 

I wasn’t a huge fan of RevRad, and the whole era felt very safe and bland to me. It felt as though Billie was trying too hard to be a good boy to make up for the trilogy. I’m glad to see he’s letting go a bit, because this suppose to be ROCK AND ROLL.. not PG watered down pop rock created by posers.

images.thumb.jpeg.350a666dd8fe8be3611053

Just got in from a night out but here’s my thoughts:

Its ok, there’s just no depth to it. It sounds like a Hives single in both the worst and best ways. It’s full of energy and will have the crowd up and down, but that’s about it. There’s nothing else to it, nothing to return to the song for other than a bolt of energy. It’s enjoyable, but there’s nothing to come back for.

2 hours ago, petros said:

I'm sorry if I sounded judgmental that wasn't my intention. 

Music videos and live performances have nothing to do with how good NINE was and if you think you hear auto tune on it you clearly have no idea what you're talking about.

You are in absolute denial. Anyone with an operational ear will tell you Mark has abused the shit out of auto tune since Neighborhoods.😂 Even Matt is struggling, listen to them perform live and tell me they can hit those notes cleanly. They've had to drop the keys of songs just to be able to perform them (Good Morning America this year...).

NHL Youtube page has album 1mil subscribers and only 2k views of the opening video so far. I forgot how old the average hockey fan is.

I’ll wait for a live version to really judge it but a few repeated listens I dunno something about it just doesn’t resonate with me 

I wonder if they’re gonna release a non-hockey themed music video too or is the nhl one it? Because the song is all edited in that one.

I’ll take this kooky mess over whatever drivel Blink are putting out.

This sounds like the Hives which is really cool.

Everyone complaining about the vocals needs some more Prince in their life! 

6 minutes ago, Josh100_3 said:

I’ll take this kooky mess over whatever drivel Blink are putting out.

This sounds like the Hives which is really cool.

Everyone complaining about the vocals needs some more Prince in their life! 

Agree and foamf certainly shows Billie's vocal chops 👌

Archived