New Single "Fire, Ready, Aim" Will Debut October 9th

Todd

I’ve wasted a lot of money buying useless shit I don’t need in my life but man I’m having a hard time wanting to pay even 5 dollars for this album so far... 

(granted FOAM has grown on me maybe this song will too but eh first reaction is no nope)

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That NHL music video was put together really well. Aside from Back In The USA it's my favorite music video since 21st Century Breakdown.

It completely boggles my mind that Green Day fans aren’t raving about this song. It is an amazing rock song, and brilliantly produced. 

I was a huge fan of the trilogy and I’m grateful that Billie is back to making this kind of stripped down rock. 

I wasn’t a huge fan of RevRad, and the whole era felt very safe and bland to me. It felt as though Billie was trying too hard to be a good boy to make up for the trilogy. I’m glad to see he’s letting go a bit, because this suppose to be ROCK AND ROLL.. not PG watered down pop rock created by posers.

Purposely avoided reading the comments until I listened to it a couple times so as not to skew my opinion.

If this were done solely for the NHL, I'd think it was fine and did its job.  As a song from an actual album?  I don't hate it, but would rank FOAMF above it.  We'll see how it sounds live.  I like FOAMF the first time I heard it except for the verses' vocals, but since the live versions came out, I haven't listened to the album one since the live ones are better.  I think this song sounds... thin?  One of the main complaints for the trilogy is that it needed a dirtier production value, and that's what I think this one's problem is too.  Not liking the high pitched noised before the chorus either.  I wouldn't really compare these songs to the Foxies, mainly because I would rank all Foxies' songs above them.

I said it when we got the teaser and still feel this way- I think it sounds like Fall Out Boy.

2 minutes ago, Montclare said:

I said it when we got the teaser and still feel this way- I think it sounds like Fall Out Boy.

I thought the exact same when we got the teaser.

just gave a first listen. Not in love with it - will it grow on me, of course but only because it's Green Day. If I heard it on the radio or a discover weekly playlist, not knowing it was the boys, I would skip it. 

52 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

Songs can actually be very short if you cut out any solos or extended instrumental between verses. This song doesn't sound short.

The live version can easily be much longer!!! “READY, AIM, FIRE, FIRE, READY, AIM!!!” And then 5 minutes of Billie running around the stage screaming, “SAY HEEEEEEEEYYYYYYY OHHHHHHHHHHH!!!”

I like it, I don't love it.  Can't wait to hear it live, I feel like this album would be better live.

Glad that every single one of us are loving this track, just like "Father of All..."!!!

My first impression is I like it.  

Instrumention is fun, sounds great on my speakers.

Lyrics are a bit repetitive but not bad. 

Very similar to the title track, but I am sure they did that on purpose.  It's good to hold some secrets for the album. 

I'd just like to say, again, that comparing the last Green Day single to P!nk and calling it a pop song is beyond silly because it sounds nothing like that.  It's basically garage rock.  You don't have to think it's good of course, but it's not pop.  The same thing can be said for this new one, really.

But yeah, this time around, I might have to side a bit with the naysayers because this tune mostly just went in one ear and out the other and did absolutely nothing for me.  FOAMF was pretty catchy, this one just...happens and then fucks off.

11 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

The live version can easily be much longer!!! “READY, AIM, FIRE, FIRE, READY, AIM!!!” And then 5 minutes of Billie running around the stage screaming, “SAY HEEEEEEEEYYYYYYY OHHHHHHHHHHH!!!”

I pray this is a joke post

Billie still doesn’t sound like Billie in this song. I wish he’d just SING and not scream and do falsetto. It’s fine in small doses, but FOAM is mostly falsetto and FRA is mostly yelling/growling. Not a fan.

For any fans of the show Peaky Blinders, the two songs released so far would be great in the soundtrack. I love the vibe of this new record. Its badass

Jesus of Suburbia has been knocked from it's mantle by the mighty Fire Ready Aim!

This is the bands Magnum Opus, the ungloriously unkind father of all motherfers! 

Anyone else picking up on the Hives “hate to say I told you so” vibes? Atleast the first part of the verse !  

Other than that I like the song. Catchy and unique 

I thought we were getting a music video to go along with it today.  The longer hockey clip is kind of it I guess. 

I suppose these first two singles will be played live a lot.  

I knew this sounded familiar. Alligator + Sally. Not as cute of a baby as I would’ve expected though.

Honestly not upset over this- I used to take this stuff too seriously. I don’t think I’ll ever love this song, but really what does it matter. I love their other 300 songs. 

I just set my guitar to clean and I’m going to play myself some Brutal Love. That’ll get me through the night 😉

I still think that FOAMF is their Plan -B album. This song is okayish, will obviously grow. But what’s with Billie’s story? He wrote “Jesus?” And it was next to a “19” another single? 

2 minutes ago, TimmyChunks said:

I knew this sounded familiar. Alligator + Sally. Not as cute of a baby as I would’ve expected though.

Honestly not upset over this- I used to take this stuff too seriously. I don’t think I’ll ever love this song, but really what does it matter. I love their other 300 songs. 

I just set my guitar to clean and I’m going to play myself some Brutal Love. That’ll get me through the night 😉

Nothing like ripping through Brutal Love on guitar......oh!  Just realized I have yet to play it on my new guitar, I should really give it a shot on my new blue guitar! 

On topic, I can't stop listening to this song to do so. 

2 minutes ago, Morse Code Guy said:

I still think that FOAMF is their Plan -B album. This song is okayish, will obviously grow. But what’s with Billie’s story? He wrote “Jesus?” And it was next to a “19” another single? 

I thought he was just jotting down a set list and Jesus? was a possible addition of JOS.

5 minutes ago, belinda jane said:

I thought he was just jotting down a set list and Jesus? was a possible addition of JOS.

Could be. But at this moment, you never know what’s going inside Billie’s head, that’s for sure

I don't mean to whine but to my ears this sound generic and over produced, that's why I think live would sound so much better.

I had the same feeling with FOAM. Predictable structure, repetition and no depth in the song.

The vocal melody is catchy but it doesn't create emphaty because of this filter.

It's hard now to relate to Billie's voice on one hand for the new vocal style (that shows an impressive range) on the other because they raised the filter on this record.

You could say: It's the same thing since American Idiot. Yes and No. The mixing was different, the range in which he sang also and the purpose inside the songs. These things change your listening perspective. And there were parts where it was lowered.

I was listening to the Armstrongs' song yesterday and Billie's unfiltered voice gave me chills. I understand the purpose of this inside the record  but I'm not sold.

If I had to judge from just two songs, I find everything uninspired, I just don't feel the urge I hear on the other records. This songs sounds more like B sides than actual songs. I d like another rock Opera but I'd be fine with something with more personality and inspiration.

I'm not saying it sucks, it's still Green Day behind, they just pass leaving you with nothing.

Archived