New Single "Fire, Ready, Aim" Will Debut October 9th

Todd

Just now, kaylubd said:

So I expected something worse seeing everyone hating the song, but it's okay. No, it's not the best. I think FOAM is way better than this, but it's a quick fun, catchy song. I think it's one of those songs that'll grow on you, especially after they play it live a few times. I can picture this being a really great song live. It's got such a good bouncy energy that'll really get people pumped up. As it stands now, it's okay. It's got a good hook and I'm sure I'll find myself singing in soon. But the vocals are pretty fucking trash. Holy hell. I'll take the FOAM vocals over this. It barely sounds like Billie and it's really frustrating. And yeah the lyrics....not sure what's happening there. But whatever. A lot of songs I listen to have shit lyrics - they don't always have to mean something to me. If it's fun and makes me happy or dance I'm good and after a few times I'm sure this song will do that. Still, it's pretty disappointing and again, doesn't get me excited for album.

I can see this being the new Know Your Enemy

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Jon Benjamin said:

What if I love all of the old stuff and new stuff 

You managed to escape the grumpiness my friend.

It's my first Green Day era on GDC and it's pretty sad that a lot of you don't like it :(

I'll be all alone enjoying this era in my corner. 😂

Just now, One_of_the_Whatsernames said:

I can see this being the new Know Your Enemy

Know your enemy is Bohemian Rhapsody compared to this.

1 minute ago, petros said:

We've become grumpy old people.

Yes, you have. 

So many RevRad haters here, wow, didn’t think so many people disliked it. How can you not love “Somewhere Now”, “Bang Bang”, “RevRad”, “Youngblood” and absolute opus “Forever Now”.  Hope you all see the light one day, ha, get it? Never mind...

1 minute ago, Little Boy Named Airplane said:

It's my first Green Day era on GDC and it's pretty sad that a lot of you don't like it :(

I'll be all alone enjoying this era in my corner. 😂

Hey. I’m right here saying all kinds of positive things.

Just now, Little Boy Named Airplane said:

Wait you're not that young right? You weren't a fan before? Or you mean first era being active here?

I actually like the sound of the song. It is catchy. I think if Billie sang in his normal register and the mix was better, it would be a good song. It kind of needs his deeper vocals to counteract the high pitch of the instrumentals.

Just now, petros said:

Know your enemy is Bohemian Rhapsody compared to this.

What makes you say that? The song is similar in message and it’s just a tad faster. I think it’ll do just fine replacing it 🤷🏻‍♀️ Bohemin Rhapsody isn’t even punk so I don’t think that it’s a safe comparisson?

1 minute ago, Virginia Lot Lizard said:

Im excited about this new Green Day era. Seems like a bunch of nitpicking boring thinking waiting for them to never evolve. I absolutely love when they’re adventurous and try new things. Thank god they’re not boring or playing it safe. They are huge beautiful legendary rock stars. They deserve to be epic and exciting.

Eh, i dunno. I don't think it's nitpicking. Nitpicking would be "The delivery on that one line is bad, song is trash" or "That one bassline is terrible this song's a 0/10", but people i see have legit complaints about the vocals being badly mixed, the lyrics being repetitive and barely making sense, the production in general being iffy, and the delivery being off. And i don't think its a "THEY TRYIN NEW THINGS ITS BAD" thing. People love Nimrod and Warning and those are two entirely different records, Nimrod especially experimented a lot with some different instruments and styles.

1 minute ago, Platypus2000 said:

So many RevRad haters here, wow, didn’t think so many people disliked it. How can you not love “Somewhere Now”, “Bang Bang”, “RevRad”, “Youngblood” and absolute opus “Forever Now”.  Hope you all see the light one day, ha, get it? Never mind...

everyone here hates youngblood lol, agree though

Just now, petros said:

Wait you're not that young right? You weren't a fan before? Or you mean first era being active here?

Oh 1st era being active here. I'm 26 ahah my bad 

It's definitely a weak song. I don't think it's something I would play on repeat, but it's not so terrible I would rush to skip the song. It's just okay. I did expect something more exciting and better judging from the preview, but ah well. Maybe, the third single will do it?? Or maybe GD needs to keep the FBHT vibe to the FBHT?

1 minute ago, Yosuke Hanamura said:

Yes, you have. 

:( 

1 minute ago, Platypus2000 said:

Lol at youngblood. somewhere and forever now feel like cheap wannabes of jos or homecoming. Revrad and bang are cool though. As cool as a punk rock song by green day in their 40s can be.

I genuinely end up loving everything Green Day makes. For the longest time I hated the trilogy then it turned to ironic listenings of songs like Nightlife, and then just pure love. I’ll probably end up liking this song. 

I just think so far this era feels less fun than RevRad even though the songs are supposedly more fun. Probably cause it feels more commercialized which I’m all for from a “yay maybe new fans and maybe this will propel them into a spotlight again” but it doesn’t feel like they are and it just feels like a money grab (and I’m the biggest opponent of the sell out argument for any band so it bugs me to say that). 

Just now, concretedream said:

everyone here hates youngblood lol, agree though

Wrong. I like Youngblood :P I fucking love RevRad. I guess it was "safe" or GD doing what they know best, but for me, they did it well. Youngblood is not the best song on the LP, but it's alright. 

1 minute ago, madafaka said:

Please explain that line in the video description then doctor

Maybe Billie's going mad and writing random shit.

Or maybe the "trolls" has to do with the "daily outrage" and "attack without thought" which is also mentioned in the description. Internet trolls attack people on the internet without thinking

1 minute ago, One_of_the_Whatsernames said:

What makes you say that? The song is similar in message and it’s just a tad faster. I think it’ll do just fine replacing it 🤷🏻‍♀️ Bohemin Rhapsody isn’t even punk so I don’t think that it’s a safe comparisson?

Hey I just meant the new one was so bad that made kye seem like a masterpiece :lol:

Why are people so triggered that the lyrics get repetitive?? Have you ever listened to the Ramones at all? 😂

Just now, petros said:

somewhere and forever now feel like cheap wannabes of jos or homecoming

both are easily better than homecoming.

Well, I’m not sure what to do with my feeling right now. 

a) Billie has to be fucking with everything and everyone.

b) I can’t understand a fucking word in this.

c) After reading the lyrics... what the fuck is this. I mean it’s empty, there’s nothing in there.

d) If Billie suddenly hates long songs now then this is not worth of even 45 seconds. 

After FOAMF I didn’t lost faith in Magnum but I got little sceptical. After this I’m officially loosing my fucking mind. 

Okay so I've done some vocal analysis and I'm pretty sure the vocal tracks on this song are literally pitched up. It sounds right in line with other Billie vocals just a tad chipmunked.

2 minutes ago, Little Boy Named Airplane said:

Oh 1st era being active here. I'm 26 ahah my bad 

Ah okay. When did you become a fan?

Archived