New Single "Fire, Ready, Aim" Will Debut October 9th

Todd

3 hours ago, killjoywhatsername said:

In a way this song seems designed for the NHL and I’d like it so much more if they said it was 

Yeah you can tell that this was the case

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, LiamMartel said:

the song have the networks vibe

Don’t do that to The Network

I love this... and haters gonna hate 😆

SO EXCITED FOR THIS NEW GREEN DAY ERA!

... While still loving the past.

SO EXCITED FOR THE NEW ERA! Way to go! Not playing it safe and IT’S EXCITING!

This song gives me Troublemaker vibes, and just like that song, I think it’s alright. There’s definitely not as much to get used to with Fire, Ready, Aim as there is with Father of All... But I think the shock value of FOA makes it a more interesting song, and one that I actually dug after I was able to get past it. Fire, Ready, Aim seems like what I would call an agressive toe tapper. It’s a fun song, but also one that I actually have to think about if I want to get up and headbang to. Maybe a live version would change my mind.

3 minutes ago, killjoywhatsername said:

In a way this song seems designed for the NHL and I’d like it so much more if they said it was 

I don't think it was written with the NHL in mind. They couldn't even use the line, "Kick the dog when the whistle blows" in the video clip!

4 minutes ago, ImNotInGreenDaydummy said:

>be green day

popularize really good pop punk

have legacy and image ruined misinterpreted by bands like blink 182, fall out boy and Sum 41.

do the opposite of what they do, fail with an actually good record warning, and then take on the world with AI, still keeping artistic integrity. 

green day 15 years later: yeah let’s release a P!nk song and a song for a hockey commercial and get outclassed. 

Blink released a really really good album in 2011 and again in 2019. Green day's last was in 2009. The blink bashing here is ridiculous especially when blink are doing way better.

Just now, petros said:

Blink released a really really good album in 2011 and again in 2019. Green day's last was in 2009. The blink bashing here is ridiculous especially when blink are doing way better.

>Neighborhoods

>really really good

uh huh ok

1 minute ago, petros said:

Trilogy COULD be good if they spent more time focusing on 15 songs than releasing everything. It had some cool ideas scattered through it. That's what most people acknowledge now. And they do because revrad was even "worse" in the sense it was even more of a step in the bland direction of trying nothing new and doing what you did when you were 25 years old just worse. Plus the incredible tour you said was boring af. They setlist was almost always the same. The shows weren't massive like in 09-10 since they aren't that big anymore and nothing about it was special.

What I really can't understand though is how people can say Billie wrote good lyrics in revrad while he has written kerplunk, insomniac, nimrod, warning, american idiot and 21st. That's really a mystery to me. Maybe you people haven't listened to and worshiped these albums as much as I did idk.

What a judgmental thing to say. You’re assuming people haven’t listened to and analysed every album over and over again, which is incredibly untrue, y’know, on a Green Day forum. RevRad had good lyrics! It’s just a fact, okay they’re not AS good as previous but find me a band that puts that much effort into an album and touring these days during the cycle of GD In 16/17/8, absolutely no-one sorry. Didn’t think I’d have to stick up for RevRad this much tbh. Nimrod is my favourite album btw so don’t judge please, it really grinds my gears. 

Just now, petros said:

Calling Nine a “really really good album” is laughable. Every song starts and sounds the same. DRENCHED in auto tune, topped off with cringe lyrics. Not even mentioning the god awful music videos and live performances.

5 minutes ago, madafaka said:

"How many trolls does it take to screw in a lightbulb?"

How many GDC'ers does it take to miss a hint?
Come on you guys. FOAMF is officially just a shitshow - embrace the chaos

LocnessDesignsdotcom.jpg

4 minutes ago, 1039SweetChildren said:

I don't think it was written with the NHL in mind. They couldn't even use the line, "Kick the dog when the whistle blows" in the video clip!

Nope it wasn't for the NHL.

I really didn't like Nine at all, and I loved California so that's saying something :P

But yeah new GD is bad and feels like they needed 2 more minutes so they cranked this out as fast as they could. What makes it worse is i usually limit myself to 2 singles before the album releases so i won't have listened to half the album before it comes out, so these 2 are going to be my only exposure to FOAMF before it comes out :P

1 minute ago, Platypus2000 said:

What a judgmental thing to say. You’re assuming people haven’t listened to and analysed every album over and over again, which is incredibly untrue, y’know, on a Green Day forum. RevRad had good lyrics! It’s just a fact, okay they’re not AS good as previous but find me a band that puts that much effort into an album and touring these days during the cycle of GD In 16/17/8, absolutely no-one sorry. Didn’t think I’d have to stick up for RevRad this much tbh. Nimrod is my favourite album btw so don’t judge please, it really grinds my gears. 

I'm sorry if I sounded judgmental that wasn't my intention. 

1 minute ago, Greenday_Aussie said:

Calling Nine a “really really good album” is laughable. Every song starts and sounds the same. DRENCHED in auto tune, topped off with cringe lyrics. Not even mentioning the god awful music videos and live performances.

Music videos and live performances have nothing to do with how good NINE was and if you think you hear auto tune on it you clearly have no idea what you're talking about.

13 minutes ago, Platypus2000 said:

RevRad was an absolute return to form for them by a mile, had everything to it, accompanied by the incredible tour. Felt proggy and some of the best lyrics Billie’s written in my eyes m

lol

3 minutes ago, MillenniumFan said:

LocnessDesignsdotcom.jpg

Honestly, i’m all in with you. I dig the song.

Song really does sound designed for the NHL. Honestly the vocals are weird. Sounds like he's purposely trying to sing higher, whinier, and different. The vocals are so buried in the mix that you lose the effect of what he's trying to do. I'm not losing hope for the album overall, but they are clearly going for a FBHT, no care, no theme record.

I really love Revrad. Bang Bang and Revolution Radio are great, Forever Now is a great longer song, Say Goodbye, Youngblood, and Bouncing off the Walls are super catchy and a nice listen. I don't care for Still Breathing, Outlaws, or Ordinary World much, but other than that i love it.

If you notice it almost all the old member dislike everything after 21st(sometimes even 21st) and the new ones worship revrad and think the triogy is underrated.

We've become grumpy old people.

I feel like some people are forcing themselves to like these songs. Just putting them on repeat until they get stuck in your head and then coming to the conclusion that they like it when they've just forced themselves to

Im excited about this new Green Day era. Seems like a bunch of nitpicking boring thinking waiting for them to never evolve. I absolutely love when they’re adventurous and try new things. Thank god they’re not boring or playing it safe. They are huge beautiful legendary rock stars. They deserve to be epic and exciting.

So I expected something worse seeing everyone hating the song, but it's okay. No, it's not the best. I think FOAM is way better than this, but it's a quick fun, catchy song. I think it's one of those songs that'll grow on you, especially after they play it live a few times. I can picture this being a really great song live. It's got such a good bouncy energy that'll really get people pumped up. As it stands now, it's okay. It's got a good hook and I'm sure I'll find myself singing in soon. But the vocals are pretty fucking trash. Holy hell. I'll take the FOAM vocals over this. It barely sounds like Billie and it's really frustrating. And yeah the lyrics....not sure what's happening there. But whatever. A lot of songs I listen to have shit lyrics - they don't always have to mean something to me. If it's fun and makes me happy or dance I'm good and after a few times I'm sure this song will do that. Still, it's pretty disappointing and again, doesn't get me excited for album.

1 minute ago, petros said:

If you notice it almost all the old member dislike everything after 21st(sometimes even 21st) and the new ones worship revrad and think the triogy is underrated.

We've become grumpy old people.

What if I love all of the old stuff and new stuff 

Archived