New Single "Fire, Ready, Aim" Will Debut October 9th

Todd

Honestly. I know I’ll grow to like it a year or two down the line. Like I have with everything, it’s just a fact. Right now I’m the most disappointed I’ve ever been. If they are just having fun I can forgive it, as long as they put something out a year or two from now and don’t retire with this shit hanging round their necks, feels pretty show offy and “we’re still here” with the crazy artwork and hockey and shit. Ahhh idk. 

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Isn't it possible that this song was actually written particularly for the NHL?

With that perspective I think it does its job pretty well. It's simple, it's catchy, it's fast 

Just like with FOAMF, this song has a very good like/dislike ratio despite the very mixed responses. I'm not sure why because songs like Kill The DJ have far more dislikes despite that objectively being a far better song

I want to sit down the band after this era and ask them why the album art is like that and why they really thought this song should be a second single/something they are happy with 

3 hours ago, ImNotInGreenDaydummy said:

Rob Cavallo, please save us.

Rob's time is done. The trilogy showed that. It's ok he had a decent run. 

Does anyone know who's mixing on the album and who has been handling mastering? 

3 minutes ago, petros said:

They have been far from perfect for a while now. Their last strong release was 10 years ago. They didn't even try with the trilogy. Revrad was okay but easy. They are back and even worse than the trilogy now.

Lazy lyrics, lazy music, 27 minutes album. 

Disagree entirely sorry. The trilogy was just like Warning, people respected it 7 or 8 years down the line. I’ve seen more love for the trilogy in the last 4 or 5 months than when it first came out and I’m glad I stuck by it. RevRad was an absolute return to form for them by a mile, had everything to it, accompanied by the incredible tour. Felt proggy and some of the best lyrics Billie’s written in my eyes m, you do you though 🤙🏻

Just now, killjoywhatsername said:

I want to sit down the band after this era and ask them why the album art is like that and why they really thought this song should be a second single/something they are happy with 

I support this. 

I like it. It's different from what GD tends to do, with a The Hives vibe, but is fun and catchy. And live this will be a party

Just now, SnaggletoothRecords said:

Rob's time is done. The trilogy showed that. It's ok he had a decent run. 

Does anyone know who's mixing on the album and who has been handling mastering? 

Yeah I'm not really sure the band can get much more out of Rob. But I'm sure Rob would've prevented THIS from happening

1 minute ago, Platypus2000 said:

Disagree entirely sorry. The trilogy was just like Warning, people respected it 7 or 8 years down the line. I’ve seen more love for the trilogy in the last 4 or 5 months than when it first came out and I’m glad I stuck by it. RevRad was an absolute return to form for them by a mile, had everything to it, accompanied by the incredible tour. Felt proggy and some of the best lyrics Billie’s written in my eyes m, you do you though 🤙🏻

People still consider the trilogy to be their worst project. That's not really true with Warning. RevRad was seen as a step up but way too safe. I like the trilogy and RevRad but they're far from perfect

>be green day

popularize really good pop punk

have legacy and image ruined misinterpreted by bands like blink 182, fall out boy and Sum 41.

do the opposite of what they do, fail with an actually good record warning, and then take on the world with AI, still keeping artistic integrity. 

green day 15 years later: yeah let’s release a P!nk song and a song for a hockey commercial and get outclassed. 

The song is only 1.52, but it's so repetitive that I didn't pay attention for the last 20 seconds. I only like FOAM if it's the live version, so I'm not sure if I will buy this album....

The entire album is satire; the very name of the song Fire Ready Aim is incorrect and illogical, which is why I absolutely adore it; it’s a new era of surrealist punk and whether or not you’re ready for it, I’m drooling. It’s a great song. Gets the message across fast. People who dislike it are quick to judge and just don’t get the whole idea behind FOAMF 😜

16 minutes ago, killjoywhatsername said:

They gave Mike such a nice bass line in FOAMF then made him disappear in this song 😔

They made everything disappear in this, the mix is terrible.

In a way this song seems designed for the NHL and I’d like it so much more if they said it was 

Just now, Platypus2000 said:

Trilogy COULD be good if they spent more time focusing on 15 songs than releasing everything. It had some cool ideas scattered through it. That's what most people acknowledge now. And they do because revrad was even "worse" in the sense it was even more of a step in the bland direction of trying nothing new and doing what you did when you were 25 years old just worse. Plus the incredible tour you said was boring af. They setlist was almost always the same. The shows weren't massive like in 09-10 since they aren't that big anymore and nothing about it was special.

What I really can't understand though is how people can say Billie wrote good lyrics in revrad while he has written kerplunk, insomniac, nimrod, warning, american idiot and 21st. That's really a mystery to me. Maybe you people haven't listened to and worshiped these albums as much as I did idk.

"How many trolls does it take to screw in a lightbulb?"

How many GDC'ers does it take to miss a hint?
Come on you guys. FOAMF is officially just a shitshow - embrace the chaos

Archived