New Single "Fire, Ready, Aim" Will Debut October 9th

Todd

1 minute ago, Uh Uh Count Your Money said:

Butch Walker doing what he does best 

taking a bands signature sound and perverting it to sound like something the “kids these day would like” 

sorry if that’s harsh but i’m Kinda worried about the rest of the album now ...

I'm not defending Butch by any means because the production has been lacking big time, but I'm confused by why people keep saying stuff like this about the two songs so far. Neither sound current or on trend. They're even less "pop-friendly" than typical modern Green Day.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Little Boy Named Airplane said:

Nope I like it. Why ? I cant?

Of course you can like it and I get why people would

But I don't think anyone can honestly say this song is "amazing" and mean it. It's a fun, catchy song but the lyrics are garbage and the vocals are overproduced way too much

Just now, Verycool99 said:

Wait that’s what he’s saying?

That's what it's saying in the description of the YouTube video

Meh. Not as bad as FOAMF, but just... not good. Hoping I'll warm up to it with more listens, but with the way this era is going, I'm just glad the album is only 26 mins so I don't have to sit through an hour of shit.:lol:

I present you the most stupid lyrics in Green Day history:

Kick the dog when the whistle blows You’re a liar Feed the creeps with a stick and bone You’re a liar Baby got the hyperbole Baby got the hyperbole Kick the dog when the whistle blows You’re a liar Rip it up on retribution Turn it up sideways Ready aim fire Fire ready aim Stick a hammer in your mouth You’re a liar Knock your teeth out To the ground You’re a liar Baby got the hyperbole Baby got the hyperbole Knock your teeth out To the ground You’re a liar

Matt said they added songs in June. I wonder if it was originally an EP but they found out they needed an LP to satisfy their contract.

I cannot make out a single word. Maybe this is all a joke. Maybe they are ill.

Oh well, the Tour Will be awesome anyway. 

1 minute ago, Verycool99 said:

Wait that’s what he’s saying?

Lyrics are up on YouTube on the official channel, take a look 😂

1 minute ago, AnonymWarnerGermany said:

I present you the most stupid lyrics in Green Day history:

Kick the dog when the whistle blows You’re a liar Feed the creeps with a stick and bone You’re a liar Baby got the hyperbole Baby got the hyperbole Kick the dog when the whistle blows You’re a liar Rip it up on retribution Turn it up sideways Ready aim fire Fire ready aim Stick a hammer in your mouth You’re a liar Knock your teeth out To the ground You’re a liar Baby got the hyperbole Baby got the hyperbole Knock your teeth out To the ground You’re a liar

...I don’t even know what to say. At least the trilogy I can chalk it up to campy fun and like the bad song ironically. If these are the lyrics then this is the worst written song they’ve done. 

25 minutes ago, Platypus2000 said:

On course for not liking a Green Day album for the first time and I’ve bought a bundle for the first time ever. Fucking typical 😂😂😂

Welcome to the club. I bought the boxset for the trilogy and it was the worst green day release ever. They seem ready to top it this time with this shit they keep releasing.

1 minute ago, deadair said:

Did they show it on NBC Sports yet?

Watching now. Hasn’t shown yet should be in a minute

If GD are going to do a bad album at least they had the sense to make the album only 26 minutes long, only they could do that. Still the best band ever, and still looking forward to the tour. They can’t be perfect all the time I suppose...

butch walker is a fucking loser lol. sorry but using fall out boy and weezer’s producer is like the who or the ramones using fucking foreigner or michael mcdonald’s producers. really disappointed. butch walker, you are at the bottom of the barrel when it comes to producing breh, teenagers in their bedroom are better than you. shame on you. 

Just now, Platypus2000 said:

They can’t be perfect all the time I suppose...

They have been far from perfect for a while now. Their last strong release was 10 years ago. They didn't even try with the trilogy. Revrad was okay but easy. They are back and even worse than the trilogy now.

Lazy lyrics, lazy music, 27 minutes album. 

The bright side is we still get a hella (pun intended) massive tour

and I haven’t seen them for almost 10 years so it’ll be great even if the new stuff isn’t as good as we hope it to be 

reminder that Raditude was a terrible album without Butch Walker, the alternate Jacknife Lee mix leaked online a while back and it's just as bad

2 minutes ago, ImNotInGreenDaydummy said:

butch walker is a fucking loser lol. sorry but using fall out boy and weezer’s producer is like the who or the ramones using fucking foreigner or michael mcdonald’s producers. really disappointed. butch walker, you are at the bottom of the barrel when it comes to producing breh, teenagers in their bedroom are better than you. shame on you. 

GD co-produced 

Just now, ImNotInGreenDaydummy said:

Rob Cavallo, please save us.

Yeah about that ....

3 minutes ago, ImNotInGreenDaydummy said:

In all fairness, you can only do so much with a song that has this little effort musically and lyrically. It would have been equally bad had it been self-produced like Revolution Radio because it's truly just lacking all around.

This is alright. Way better than FOA..., but Billie's vocals fucking SUCK on these new songs. Way too many vocal filters and it just sounds so bad.

1 minute ago, concretedream said:

Revolution Radio: Bang Bang and title track

This shit: FOA and FRA

?????

I don't think RevRad is perfect but christ, it's far better than this. Everything about this new GD is just GD at their laziest

Just now, Misery11 said:

production still sounds better than revrad...

No it doesn't

Archived