New Single "Fire, Ready, Aim" Will Debut October 9th

Todd

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, concretedream said:

this might be one of the worst green day songs i've heard not belonging to the trilogy

You’re being overly harsh to the trilogy there 

3 hours ago, W_FInkThePlatypusHunter said:

On my 2nd listen. I don’t hate it. I need to go on a drive and blast it.

That's the exact purpose of the song

I like Nightlife more than this song.

I hope the live performance of it makes it better. The performances of FOAMF began to really sell me on this era. 

I'm just amazed by how repetitive and trite this song is while clocking in at a mere 1:53. The guys really did THAT.

Every trilogy song is better than this. This sounds like: Ok, you got 30 minutes! write a song and record it!

I need to hear it more but on first read the lyrics seem really spare and underwritten. Saying something about internet trolls and lies is a good idea but say more and go deeper. It’s half a dozen lines at most. 

Screw blending Nimord. I'm going to listen to it to remember that classic Billie vocal snarl and good production. 

I just. don’t. know. Sometimes in life you know, but... I don’t know. You know?

1 minute ago, AnonymWarnerGermany said:

Every trilogy song is better than this. This sounds like: Ok, you got 30 minutes! write a song and record it!

30 minutes? this song was written in 5 minutes, there's absolutely nothing to it

Crazy how long that song seemed. Could have done the job in 40 seconds.

On course for not liking a Green Day album for the first time and I’ve bought a bundle for the first time ever. Fucking typical 😂😂😂

Butch Walker doing what he does best 

taking a bands signature sound and perverting it to sound like something the “kids these day would like” 

sorry if that’s harsh but i’m Kinda worried about the rest of the album now ...

ps. If he is not to blame for this then I apologise profoundly 

6 minutes ago, MillenniumFan said:

Honestly, the more I listen to this song, the more I think that it is somehow meant to annoy me on purpose. The high pitched "ah-ah-ah" and "woo-woo-woo" really get on my nerves, so does the excruciatingly annoying (and never-ending) clapping and then, to top it all off, there's this little squeaky rock organ that I hear subtly in one ear, like some small irritating insect.  

Good grief...

This.

Honestly, I love it. But only in the context of it being a troll. 🤞

5 minutes ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

Also, I saw a YouTube comment saying this reminded them of "oldschool Green Day"... How??

I read the lyrics and no, I wouldn't even compare it to 39/Smooth/Kerplunk songs 

Ok, I'm listening to "Give me Novocaine" and ready to go to bed - I need an antidote after that.

What's most surprising for me is that I like garage rock, I like FHBT, I like Dos partly, but this ... quoting Ordinary World "I don't mean to be critical but your effort is kind of lacking". Overproduced and not original at all.

To defend the song a bit - it is catchy as hell of course.

At least Nightlife was trying something they've never done before, this is a worse version of everything they've done before. The chorus is okay but the lyrics legit feel awful. My head canon is they needed this to be 25 minutes or more to be a record, they saw the album was 24:21 or whatever and Billie's like "....well, fuck we need another 2ish minutes uh...."

1 minute ago, Little Boy Named Airplane said:

The song is amazing.

Sarcasm I hope 

Just now, Platypus2000 said:

Sarcasm I hope 

Nope I like it. Why ? I cant?

unless butch walker helped write the song, he's far from the problem. the production isn't very good, but this song would be a trainwreck even if it had Dookie's production

They gave Mike such a nice bass line in FOAMF then made him disappear in this song 😔

“Baby got the hyperbole”?

”Stick a hammer in your mouth, you’re a liar”? 

What the fuck is this, man? 

Just now, Platypus2000 said:

“Stick a hammer in your mouth, you’re a liar”?

Wait that’s what he’s saying?

Archived