Maybe this is the song from his random voice text instagram

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, votto said:

Warner execs after each new song:

Monkey_Puppet.jpg

Yet they somehow penned a 2-year deal with the NHL with these songs 😂

I see this record being the most precise discription of the state of the nation(us) 

On my 2nd listen. I don’t hate it. I need to go on a drive and blast it.

Sounds like the music I have been listening to as I randomly drift through Spotify's recommended playlists for me. I like it. 

Another good, fun song. It's high energy, it's bouncy, and it's catchy. Not sure what there is to dislike about it. It's a fun rock song. It works. 

Honest opinion on this album, now that the first 2 tracks are out:

I think that the old Magnum Opus theory is actually partially true: I don't think that they'll immediately follow this with another AI, but they're probably not taking this one seriously at all and they're treating it more like an EP, just to cut ties with Warner

I liked FOAMF and I love the trilogy, initial reaction to this song though is very meh. I’m glad I’m not the only one who thought it didn’t sound like Billie and that I couldn’t understand a word of it. From the twitter description it’s about internet trolls and outrage? But I think that might be another case of them trying to make this sound more meaningful than it needs to be like the description they gave for the FOAMF video 

The chorus is catchy as hell though. It hit harder than FOAM did, but then again I was exposed to the hook of this one in advance, which I think made a difference.

First 30 seconds are no good. Awful mixing when that first vocal comes in. Billie's voice seems weak and whiny in the beginning. Second verse has some punch to it. Wish he delivered the whole song like that.

Oh well, more fuel for the MOOTIK fire 🔥 
- it's the only context in which I can appreciate these songs so far

1 minute ago, 龑美優 (Miyu Yan) said:

Another good, fun song. It's high energy, it's bouncy, and it's catchy. Not sure what there is to dislike about it. It's a fun rock song. It works. 

It’s not the rock opera or low-fi throwback album everyone was/has been waiting for. I’m still on the MOOTIK theory.

Biggest takeaway from this is the description on the socials. It's pretty telling... They're legit just fucking around with this record

How many trolls does it take to screw in a lightbulb?

Honestly, the more I listen to this song, the more I think that it is somehow meant to annoy me on purpose. The high pitched "ah-ah-ah" and "woo-woo-woo" really gets on my nerves, so does the excruciatingly annoying (and never-ending) clapping and then, to top it all off, there's this little squeaky rock organ that I hear subtly in one ear, like some small irritating insect.  

Good grief...

Just now, Jankowski576 said:

This is going to be FBHT with big production

I'd argue the production on the FBHT record sounds better than both singles so far

I actually prefer FOAMF, at least you can tell the different sections apart. This is pretty crap tbh, nothing like Foxboro. 

i feel i may have actually underreacted upon first impression

this might be one of the worst green day songs i've heard not belonging to the trilogy

There's nothing outright hate-able about this song. But it just feels lazy. Even though an album like Insomniac isn't my favourite GD album, the songs were short but still really good and packed a punch and the lyrics were creative. This doesn't really even compare

Also, I saw a YouTube comment saying this reminded them of "oldschool Green Day"... How??

I still think it sounds like Billie, at least way more than FOAMF. But the vocal effects are becoming a real problem. I've never had a problem with them before these 2 new songs

I'm probably one of the few people ambivalent with it. Can't make my mind up.

Archived