New Single "Fire, Ready, Aim" Will Debut October 9th

Todd

Not really sure what to think. It's fun, it's quick... But the lyrics are pretty lazy and repetitive, and it doesn't sound like Billie throughout most of it.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm massively disappointed.

1) The mixing is a complete mess. I can't understand shit, the song is all over the place.

2) Billie's voice is non-existent.

3) This is simply bad version of FHBT. I would go and listen to Sally or Stop Drop and Roll if I want something catchy with a rock'n'roll flair. 

First time in my life I don't believe I just listened to Green Day.

This is gonna be a weird album 😂

I can barely understand what he is saying 😵😂

1 minute ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Where is the song? I don’t have Apple Music and I don’t see it on my Spotify

You have to search directly for the song on Spotify. Did not appear in the Green Day section for me.

On Youtube right now with lyrics.

The description 😂

Literally laughed out loud at the 1:53 timestamp. I kept waiting for a BANG and payoff that never came. That little riff near the end is nice but that’s about it.

I personally like it, but could have done with another pass before actually being released. Not heavy enough and Mike seems almost anonymous, but has a groove.

3 hours ago, poly29 said:

Billie does not sound like Billie again

It sounds like Billie he's just singing at the higher part of his range. The vocals are actually really good but he's so far back in the mix and it takes away from what he's doing. 

Once again I like the energy. It's just a fun short song and I think we can sort of anticipate the next 8 songs to be somewhat of the same. 

Wtf are these lyrics and descriptions? I have no idea what Billie is talking about

3 minutes ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

FOAMF's chorus is the best thing we've heard so far but the verses just ruin the song for me. This song sounds ok throughout but nothing exceptional

I'm just waiting for a video on YouTube so we can actually get the lyrics because I don't hear any lyrics other than "Ready, aim, fire, oooh"

Definitely see what you're saying, but I think that's mostly a production issue. The remixed live version at iHeart sounds pretty good to me for example. 

i actually kinda like the new song, coming from someone who couldn't stand listening to foafm.

3 hours ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

Wtf are these lyrics and descriptions? I have no idea what Billie is talking about

That's the theme of the album 

It's almost like the lyrics were written with predictive text :lol:

1 minute ago, votto said:

GDC after each new song:

Monkey_Puppet.jpg

Fixed that for you.

Archived