New Single "Fire, Ready, Aim" Will Debut October 9th

Todd

1 hour ago, Little Boy Named Airplane said:

So tonight I'll do like every other night of my life. I'll watch hockey. Except this time my favorite band will be on TV :D
Can't ask for more!

Haha same except my night routine is sleeping :lol: hope the new song makes waking up less miserable

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, kaylubd said:

Today's the day! I just hope I don't forget like a freaking dummy. 

The pre-show starts at 6:30 pm CST.  I think the song will premiere the song around 7pm.   btw...if you have Comcast cable it's on channel 174.

3 more hours?! I thought it was already out. Its been the 9th for 22 hours. I opened a beer and everything.

Oh well. I will wait. Maybe drunk me will love it.

Holding out on YouTube or Spotify. Can't be bothered fucking around with the VPNs and shit.

17 minutes ago, Signe said:

3 more hours?! I thought it was already out. Its been the 9th for 22 hours. I opened a beer and everything.

me too, its gonna be 1am in Czech Republic 

17 minutes ago, Signe said:

It's been 10th October for 9 1/2 hours where I am in NZ 😫😅

The wait is agonising

14 minutes ago, Jorgemas said:

The least exciting green day era. Sad :(

A little premature for these type of statements no? 

It can't be worse than two record releases within a month of each other where the band wasn't even present

12 minutes ago, Jorgemas said:

The least exciting green day era. Sad :(

I don't agree. It's definitely the strangest, but it's far from the least exciting. The music?, the weird repetitive soundbites in interviews? eluding to perhaps another record? and .....that front cover???

12 minutes ago, penbreaker said:

Why?

I dont know. Trilogy i waited excited, revrad too excited. But this era is i dont care. Maybe because foam not that good, and maybe album 26 mins. 

Honestly I feel like I kind of agree with @Jorgemas to some extent. Granted I've only been around for the release of RevRad but I feel like if I were here for the trilogy and 21CB releases, I would've been really hyped for them because 21CB is amazing to me to this day and the idea of getting 3 new albums from my favourite band would've made me so hyped

RevRad was safe but hearing the album for the first time was really cool. I really don't think the first listen of this album will be as exciting and nothing we've gotten this era so far has excited me. The cover is ass, FOAM is meh (especially by GD standards), Fire Ready Aim will probably be better but I still don't think it'll be a great GD song and you can only get so excited about a 26 minute album

Don't wanna take anything away from anyone who is excited about it though, if you are then great! Just my opinion, I'm not as excited about it as I wanna be

2 minutes ago, Jorgemas said:

I dont know. Trilogy i waited excited, revrad too excited. But this era is i dont care. Maybe because foam not that good, and maybe album 26 mins. 

Well, the fact that you don’t like the song doesn’t make it “not good”...and dookie and insomniac are like half and hour long and they are one of their best albums! Quality over quantity my friend

2 minutes ago, StaryedHeart said:

Well, the fact that you don’t like the song doesn’t make it “not good”...and dookie and insomniac are like half and hour long and they are one of their best albums! Quality over quantity my friend

People are always like "Dookie and Insomniac were both short albums too" and I agree, a 26 minute album should be fine if it's a great album but even Dookie and Insomniac are considerably longer than FOAM will be, particularly Dookie which is 13 minutes longer, while Insomniac is 7 minutes longer. As well as that, they had short gaps between albums during the 90's with Dookie coming out just over 2 years after Kerplunk and Insomniac coming out 18 months after Dookie. A 26 minute album coming out over 3 years after RevRad is a little underwhelming

Again, I'm fine with a short album if it's a kickass album but based on what I've seen/heard of the album so far, I honestly don't think this'll be as good as RevRad, or the trilogy. A 26 minute album can't afford to have filler and the title track to me personally is filler

8 minutes ago, StaryedHeart said:

Was going to say this! Insomniac is only 5 minutes longer and it's an amazing album

Think it's gonna have a kinda Andrew WK party hard sound to it..well that's what first sprung to mind when I first heard the clip

I think my lack of enthusiasm comes mostly from the way this album is promoted. I like FOAM, but what kills this era for me is how this feels like I've been ordering from a business, but then it changed and started sending out the same good stuff but in really shitty package deals.

It's like, yeah, you get a tour but either FOB comes with it or you go see us at a festival in the middle of nowhere, sorry there's no other opinion. :) :) :)

Hey look there this really cool commercial with our music in it and byyyy the way the song is also the new single.

I'm sorry, but how is any of this supposed to make me excited? I'm not exaggerating when I say I was a lot more hyped for Dos, even though FOAM sounds better than trilogy singles.

Archived