Hella Mega Tour with Weezer, Fall Out Boy

Sanity Loan

22 minutes ago, Bakabanas said:

He did mention it! And during the last song, Time of you life, he included verses from 80, he suddenly swithched it to "I do not mind if this goes on, cause now it seems I'm too far gone, I must admit that I enjoy myself, 80 please keep taking me away", and it was beautiful!

Them he said "this is the last show of the tour, <...>, we saved the best for last, <...> I don't know what else to tell you, umm, I love you?" :D

And this is picture of me and a friend I gave spare ticket.

https://ibb.co/LdCpCWr

These are the videos. Really beautiful moments.

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CfhtrywFyr9/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CfiuSJGorTj/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CfhzBLjKh-9/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

• Like 1
  • Love 2

52191067211_609076afeb_c.jpg

52190057132_0620c2c9f6_m.jpg

52191078341_5e42f4a9d9_c.jpg

52191093903_1f590fb2d3_c.jpg

52191572185_f4ddd096a6_c.jpg

52191568645_9066f44976_c.jpg

52190067322_5c9487b66e_c.jpg

52191529855_6ff4eab15b_m.jpg

I hope this works because I am a bit useless at adding pictures!lol! Here is a few of my best ones from London. I couldn't remember who wanted pictures of the Union Jack flag, but here you go! I do love the one of Billie smiling during Good Riddance (even if it is from the screen!) 😍

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Seeing pictures Green Day partying with Amy and the Sniffers makes me wonder if Green Day and Weezer and FOB would ever hang out after gigs and share a bit of a time?

Cymbal given to a fan by Tré at the Paris show 

237648291026dca98ab00c747e2637029be38a4b

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Tomcat20 said:

Seeing pictures Green Day partying with Amy and the Sniffers makes me wonder if Green Day and Weezer and FOB would ever hang out after gigs and share a bit of a time?

I heard Rivers was at the Jesse Malin show the guys went to. I was hoping we’d get more pictures of the bands hanging out now that there seem to be no covid restrictions on this tour.  From what we’ve seen it looks like they stayed in their camps mostly

• Like 2

Soo, the tour is over. Here are my quick thoughts about it:

This tour was announced in 2019 and it didn't give any good feelings; Green Day shouldn't play alongside other big bands, they're big enough for their own tours.  Plus side, they were set to perform in Finland for the first time since 2013 and Fall Out Boy was never scheduled for that show, so I was pretty excited to hear new tracks and my favorite track She live once again.

Well, then COVID happened, FOAM was forgotten and instead of good setlist, we got Greatest Hits tour. Woohoo. They also scheduled Helsinki show for next year before ultimately cancelling it, thus resulting me not seeing Green Day like I was supposed to. Shit luck, but can't say that I missed a thing.

Quick notes from the setlist:

- She was taken out during summer shows in 2022 and only god knows will this be permanent decision or just temporary. They did play both She and King for a Day on 2 shows, until finally ditching She for rest of the tour in favor of playing 10 minutes of KFAD. She is high energy song that requires a lot of stamina and healthy vocal chords in order to pull it off consistently every show and this is the first time they've ever ditched it from the tour. It might be just because there wasn't enough time for KFAD, but it also might be because The Boys can't perform it that well anymore. Time will tell what happens to my favorite track, but honestly, I don't mind if they decided to retire it for good. They will never ever perform it as good as they did during 21st CB shows.
- This tour didn't bring any other surprises to the setlist other than Pollyanna actually getting performed, Rock and Roll All Nite, 21 Guns making sort of comeback and FOAM getting ditched completely from the setlist. I thought FOAM was perfect for live setting, considering the songs were short and catchy, but for whatever reason it's now dead and buried and wont be seen ever again on shows. 21 Guns making comeback for Greatest Hits tour isn't surprising, but man do they really hate that last verse and chorus, considering that version hasn't been performed since 2010. It feels incredibly stupid to listen emotional solo and then transition to Minority straight away.
- Regarding Pollyanna, it was a feel good song that was made thanks to COVID. I was surprised they decided to perform it live and that was a right call. Song sounds amazing.
- Rock and Roll All Nite is fine and I still listen live version on Spotify regularly. Good pick for this tour, although covers in general are just lame for bands like Green Day.
- I don't ever wanna see or hear any of American Idiot hits again after this tour. I guess Wake Me Up When September Ends is still fine, but man it's really time to ditch AI/Holiday/Boulevard/Jesus for good from the next tour. There are other good tracks from that album that could be swapped in place.
- Then there are some other tracks that are still for some reason brought in setlists. Why is Waiting, Hitchin' a Ride (10min version) and King For a Day still in the setlist? I guess you could argue Hitchin' a Ride being a hit, but Waiting and KFAD didn't deserve to be on this tour over Trilogy/RR/FOAM singles.
- As for omitting Trilogy/RR/FOAM singles, they really could've swapped even once Know Your Enemy to East Jesus Nowhere, Minority/Waiting to whatever Trilogy song they liked the most and Hitchin' a Ride for Bang Bang and Father of All. Now that I'm thinking of this, are they really ashamed to perform the tracks they've made during last 10 years excluding COVID song Pollyanna? Why even make new albums if American Idiot is always gonna be better option?
- If and when they actually perform a true Greatest Hits Tour, I truly wish they will pick atleast one song from each album to truly represent their sound over the years. That is the only way you can truly enjoy Greatest Hits shows; to actually witness their growth in music over the years.

All in all, this was by far the most boring Tour GD has ever done. Hardly any surprises, same Greatest Hits setlist every show, short and dull. If this tour was done in 2020 like it was supposed to, I believe I'd have enjoyed it more due to actually seeing them live and probably seeing more FOAM tracks in the shows. Now I'm just left shittier versions of the hits that will never match their 2009-2010 peak and absolutely zero positive feelings for future shows. If this is how Green Day wants to perform for years to come, I can't truly stay as a fan and that's crazy thing to even think about considering how much I love this band.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Miko said:

This tour was announced in 2019 and it didn't give any good feelings; Green Day shouldn't play alongside other big bands, they're big enough for their own tours.  Plus side, they were set to perform in Finland for the first time since 2013 and Fall Out Boy was never scheduled for that show, so I was pretty excited to hear new tracks and my favorite track She live once again.

Well, then COVID happened, FOAM was forgotten and instead of good setlist, we got Greatest Hits tour. Woohoo. They also scheduled Helsinki show for next year before ultimately cancelling it, thus resulting me not seeing Green Day like I was supposed to. Shit luck, but can't say that I missed a thing.

- She was taken out during summer shows in 2022 and only god knows will this be permanent decision or just temporary. They did play both She and King for a Day on 2 shows, until finally ditching She for rest of the tour in favor of playing 10 minutes of KFAD. She is high energy song that requires a lot of stamina and healthy vocal chords in order to pull it off consistently every show and this is the first time they've ever ditched it from the tour. It might be just because there wasn't enough time for KFAD, but it also might be because The Boys can't perform it that well anymore. Time will tell what happens to my favorite track, but honestly, I don't mind if they decided to retire it for good. They will never ever perform it as good as they did during 21st CB shows.
- This tour didn't bring any other surprises to the setlist other than Pollyanna actually getting performed, Rock and Roll All Nite, 21 Guns making sort of comeback and FOAM getting ditched completely from the setlist. I thought FOAM was perfect for live setting, considering the songs were short and catchy, but for whatever reason it's now dead and buried and wont be seen ever again on shows. 21 Guns making comeback for Greatest Hits tour isn't surprising, but man do they really hate that last verse and chorus, considering that version hasn't been performed since 2010. It feels incredibly stupid to listen emotional solo and then transition to Minority straight away.
- Regarding Pollyanna, it was a feel good song that was made thanks to COVID. I was surprised they decided to perform it live and that was a right call. Song sounds amazing.
- Rock and Roll All Nite is fine and I still listen live version on Spotify regularly. Good pick for this tour, although covers in general are just lame for bands like Green Day.
- I don't ever wanna see or hear any of American Idiot hits again after this tour. I guess Wake Me Up When September Ends is still fine, but man it's really time to ditch AI/Holiday/Boulevard/Jesus for good from the next tour. There are other good tracks from that album that could be swapped in place.
- Then there are some other tracks that are still for some reason brought in setlists. Why is Waiting, Hitchin' a Ride (10min version) and King For a Day still in the setlist? I guess you could argue Hitchin' a Ride being a hit, but Waiting and KFAD didn't deserve to be on this tour over Trilogy/RR/FOAM singles.
- As for omitting Trilogy/RR/FOAM singles, they really could've swapped even once Know Your Enemy to East Jesus Nowhere, Minority/Waiting to whatever Trilogy song they liked the most and Hitchin' a Ride for Bang Bang and Father of All. Now that I'm thinking of this, are they really ashamed to perform the tracks they've made during last 10 years excluding COVID song Pollyanna? Why even make new albums if American Idiot is always gonna be better option?
- If and when they actually perform a true Greatest Hits Tour, I truly wish they will pick atleast one song from each album to truly represent their sound over the years. That is the only way you can truly enjoy Greatest Hits shows; to actually witness their growth in music over the years.

All in all, this was by far the most boring Tour GD has ever done. Hardly any surprises, same Greatest Hits setlist every show, short and dull. If this tour was done in 2020 like it was supposed to, I believe I'd have enjoyed it more due to actually seeing them live and probably seeing more FOAM tracks in the shows. Now I'm just left shittier versions of the hits that will never match their 2009-2010 peak and absolutely zero positive feelings for future shows. If this is how Green Day wants to perform for years to come, I can't truly stay as a fan and that's crazy thing to even think about considering how much I love this band.

I mean… yeah but it was still a lot of fun to see them live. I think it’s a mistake if they’re forever resigning themselves to being a biggest hits touring band (and it seems to be that way), but the show is still worth seeing and I didn’t even mind the setlist as much because I was seeing them after 5 years and who knows when they’re back to Europe. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Miko said:

Agree the show set list was a little tame, they have played shorter sets, in 2017 they played 2 hours 20 mins on average, now it’s around 1 hour 40, and I do think it’s because of possibly there age. 

i don’t think American idiot hits to be all cut, but I do they should at least keep American idiot and boulevard of broken dreams. 

Very upset they didn’t perform still breathing or forever now, which where amazing live. 

overall, I think it was still worth seeing, and weezer and fall out boy was bands I’d probably never normally see. And according  to billboard I think is one of the biggest selling tours, all the bands are under crush management, so they must be really happy.  

lets hope the next tour is a little more focused on an album, and have those songs in. 

• Like 2
  • Surprised 1

2 hours ago, Miko said:

They also scheduled Helsinki show for next year before ultimately cancelling it, thus resulting me not seeing Green Day like I was supposed to. Shit luck, but can't say that I missed a thing. 

- I don't ever wanna see or hear any of American Idiot hits again after this tour. I guess Wake Me Up When September Ends is still fine, but man it's really time to ditch AI. 

The tour was a lot of fun and they are still amazing live, even though the setlist overall wasn't that great. They did change it up for some shows, from the top of my head, I remember 2000 light years away, Scattered and parts of 80.

I don't see them stop playing AI.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Hermione said:

It always would've been a greatest hits setlist. It's a coheadlining tour, all three bands did greatest hits because that's what works for that type of show. It means fans of all three bands (as well as people who just want to see three big bands live) can really get into every set. I would've been bored if Weezer and Fall Out Boy hadn't played their hits, I imagine the same goes for fans of those bands watching Green Day. Not to mention the many Green Day fans seeing them for the first time who also want to see the hits. Playing deep cuts on this tour would've been dumb, it's not the place for it. 

How can you say it's a boring tour when you didn't attend a show and you're judging solely by the setlist? There's a lot more to what makes a show good or bad than just the setlist. Also they surprised us with a cover of All the Young Dudes in London. I wasn't expecting to see anything I hadn't before but got two new covers (that and Rock and Roll all Nite) plus a cool drum solo thing from Tre and the whole show was great.

First of all, I never said that this tour should've been anything else than Greatest Hits tour. In fact, that's exactly the reason why my reaction was mostly negative to this tour in 2019, because that's what announcement basicly was.

I didn't attend the show because they canceled the show in my country and left me with no other choices than attend the show on different country or straight up skip this tour. I had my tickets and got my refund all the way back in 2020 due to COVID. Because there was no other way of telling me should I go to see Green Day in Sweden, I made my decision solely by setlists and their performance seen on videos. As for how can I say it's a boring tour without attending, you know Hermione it's 2022 and people do post full shows on social media, some of them even without any cuts in-between? The only difference is that you're not actually there, but you still get to see everything. I paid really close attention to She during this tour and at the same time happened to watch a lot of Hella Mega videos. In fact, I watched so many that my YT recommendations is nothing but videos of Hella Mega Tour. Obviously I can't say how anything of how they sounded in-arena, but if you also read my message, you can tell how much I criticized setlists only and didn't say a word about their performances itself (in fact, said nothing but positive things on Rock And Roll All Nite and Pollyanna).. except on She and AI hits, because we have way too many examples of Billie singing those songs well and then we have some not good examples. That's just the way of life of a rockstar.

Setlists for some people are the thing that defines is the show worth going. I'm not one of those who would like to hear nothing but Kerplunk songs; my dream show consists of mixed bag. Some 90s, some 00s, especially now a lot of 10s and then some of FOAM and new album tracks. Keep in mind, it has been over 10 fucking years they've performed most of 21st CB and Trilogy. Both of which happens to be my favorite albums from them. I guess it's fun to see some covers or one song getting omitted from the setlist, but I demand more from the best live band on the planet earth. I'm not satisfied with covers and hits, when they could simply just do a lot more with their tours. That's why I'm critical (and harsh?) towards to this tour, which should've never ever happened.

Yes, occassional surprises on very specific shows were there. They did play Nice Guys Finish Last once (or twice?). They did end one of their shows with 90s deep cuts this year (which wasn't part of Hella Mega Tour). They did bring King for a Day back during the tour. Billie remembered his and Adrienne's anniversary and sang some bits of 80. Rock and Roll All Nite was excellent choice for this tour. I'm not blind for the good stuff. I just wanted a lot more than what we got.

Haven't seen a show in the tour because Toronto was cancelled but like Hermione said I really like FoB and Weezer but I only know their best hits. I wouldn't have wanted them to play some super deepcut song. 

Remember the Hella Mega is 3 headliners. No band in this tour open for another band from where they are in their career. Green Day is consider as the headliner because it's their tour but a lot of FoB and Weezer fans went to see a show for them first and not Green Day.

2 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

I just want to comment on the assertion that you saw the full show on YouTube and concluded the tour was boring. There is a world of difference between watching a video of a live act and seeing it in person. What makes these shows exciting is the live energy no matter what they play. I think we all learned during the pandemic that Zoom meetings and online learning are no substitute for human interaction because the screen cuts off that energy that gives us what we need for social connection and its the same with live shows. You can’t even compare the two. When I saw Green Day live, I was having so much fun singing, dancing and watching the performance I honestly didn’t care what they played, even though I agree it’s boring to watch a hundred live videos of American Idiot or Minority. 

I've seen Green Day live in 2013 (just look at this damn setlist https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/green-day/2013/hietaniemi-helsinki-finland-bd91dca.html ) They did sound as good as they did during videos during that time. No, not better. Just as good as videos told me during 99 Revolutions Tour. I'd say this show in Finland was 95 % copypaste from Rock am Ring, excluding HOW IS THE SUN STILL UP during Holiday and occassional Helsinki shoutouts.

I've seen this argument (its different to watch a video of band vs. actually seeing them live) so many times that it's starting to lose its credibility.  Sure, the bass in eardrums, crowd interaction, dancing and singing in crowd is different compared to playing the show from YouTube and eating snacks at the same time, but I've already experienced that in 2013 with Green Day and multiple other times with other bands. Does one have to experience same show and same setlist for 10 times in order to be qualified to criticize their SETLIST making tour boring? I don't believe in that and quite frankly, it just makes one sound very privileged to claim so. I would've seen Green Day had they not cancelled their show. Since they forced me to make a decision on seeing them in Sweden vs. just skipping the whole thing, I based my decision on YouTube shows and their setlists.

I'm not criticizing their performance (excluding She and AI hits), pyros, lights, sound, stage nor them forcing same old shit from tour to tour (Hitchin a' Ride being 10 minutes and King for a Day still being very much included, but atleast that one disappeared for few shows). What I am criticizing is the setlist, that ultimately made this tour forgettable and yes, boring. Hits had to be there, but omitting their last 10 years of work is just very strange decision from a band that to my understanding doesn't want to be legacy band, atleast just not yet. Maybe they're preparing to be one? Who knows.

At the end of the day, seeing Green Day live once is probably enough for a lifetime.

I was very pissy about HM way back when it was announced and I only went to a festival date instead of a regular HM show. I have to say that I’m still not a fan of the whole concept because it’s a greatest hits type of deal and I’d much rather like to see a setlist that would pander to fans instead of the general public. As someone who has seen the show twice in 2017, there wasn’t much of surprise element for me, but I cannot complain about the show itself. It was a great show with lots of energy and crown interaction that worked (which really made gd stand out compared to other acts i saw that weekend… FOB kept talking about being in a wrong country :P). I had a normal amount of fun, not the over-the moon teenage fan amount of fun, but that wasn’t Green Day’s fault.  Boring is the last word I would use to describe it and no one I talked to felt bored either. Would I be more excited if they played loads of deep cuts? Absolutely. Would the other 35k people be more excited too? I have some doubts about that. But after 10 years of being a fan, I can handle hearing the hits one more time. There really isn’t a lot of time to think about the setlist while you’re busy enjoying the show.

30 minutes ago, Miko said:

Hits had to be there, but omitting their last 10 years of work is just very strange decision from a band that to my understanding doesn't want to be legacy band, atleast just not yet. Maybe they're preparing to be one? Who knows.

I think they wouldn’t do this tour if they didn’t want to make the most out of their legacy now. Plus I think doing a package tour was a smoother way of making this transition to openly being a legacy act than plainly going “ok so we’re cutting our set by an hour and playing the hits now” during a regular tour… Cutting out the last 10 years of their career is the most jarring decision of it all and honestly two only possible explanations for it are that they’ve decided to go fully down the road of playing the biggest hits to an audience that only knows American Idiot anyway and that Billie Joe struggles to remember the lyrics.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, luketrebilliemike said:

Very upset they didn’t perform still breathing or forever now, which where amazing live. 

And are we the waiting 😭

I still think Hella Mega was a Crush thing (I don't really buy into bands having so much choice in stuff like that even when they say in an interview what a great idea it is) 

I really didn't fancy the idea of the line up at all (honestly don't really care about any of the supports) but when the tour came around I did desperately want to go see Green Day if just for one show. The sets looked amazing and colourful. It wasn't meant to be though. Not only am I extremely vulnerable to be badly affected by covid (even after four shots) I had an accident in February 2020 which means I can't walk very well these days. Kinda glad I didn't go because virtually every fan I have on Facebook came away with Covid! 

• Sad 3