Hella Mega Tour with Weezer, Fall Out Boy

Sanity Loan

11 minutes ago, Rumpelstiltskin2000 said:

I had one on RevRad and they handed you the package when you entered the arena but you could also pick it up at the VIP table after the show

Thank you ! šŸ˜Š

• Like 1

On 5/11/2022 at 5:57 PM, GuitarPunk94 said:

looking at their latest setlists, it seems like they completely dodge their recent 10 years of their career, with 21stCB being the latest LP they play a song for their set ... thats kinda sad

Honestly I am going to the concert with two friends, they are casual fans, loved them during AI, followed them during 21CB, know something from the Trilogy, maybe have heard something from the rest. Thatā€™s the set list they expect and want. One saw them live once, one never. They are 24 and 29.Ā And I think they represent a good portion of their average audience.
Itā€™s only fair that they are getting it.

• Like 4

13 hours ago, HAPPY FINKING UNICORN said:

Honestly I am going to the concert with two friends, they are casual fans, loved them during AI, followed them during 21CB, know something from the Trilogy, maybe have heard something from the rest. Thatā€™s the set list they expect and want. One saw them live once, one never. They are 24 and 29.Ā And I think they represent a good portion of their average audience.
Itā€™s only fair that they are getting it.

greatest hits setlist with a deep cut/rarities in the middle of it and everyone will be happy :D

9 minutes ago, GuitarPunk94 said:

greatest hits setlist with a deep cut/rarities in the middle of it and everyone will be happy :D

Yeah, the played a show like that not a long while ago, canā€™t remember which one was it. It would be really nice.Ā 

I have my criticisms of Green Day's setlist but is everyone forgetting that they played Still Breathing every night for Hella Mega. And Pollyanna

The only albums getting ignored are the trilogy and FOAMF. If those albums were universally liked by the fanbase, they'd definitely be playing at least 1-2 tracks from them. Yes, RevRad hasn't gotten any plays in 2022 yet but they've only had 4 performances and I'm sure SB's gonna be back on the setlist for the European Hella Mega dates (although I'd prefer BB live over SB)

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, GuitarPunk94 said:

hey guys, if you want to watch GDs show at german Rock am Ring festival you can do so here:

https://www.tvnow.de/live-tv/events

i dont know if you need to register first or if anyone can watch it without registration (but its completely free)

GD starts friday ~22.30 german time :)

The site lists streams for two stages. Do you know which stage they are on?

39 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

The site lists streams for two stages. Do you know which stage they are on?

Utopia stage day 1

if they bring me up on stage for knowledge i will give kudos to gdc šŸ˜„

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Canā€™t get used to it not being the Waldbuhne but it looks like a great show, always really good sound, itā€™s a great venue.Ā 

• Like 1

Reading an old NME interview with Elvis Costello from 1995 and he describes something that unfortunately makes me think of Green Day as they are on this tour. Ā He starts by referring to artists he knows that put on a different show every night and are always trying new things with their shows (like EC himself still does):

ā€(They) are people Iā€™m very encouraged by, they still make a huge effort. You know what it is? They havenā€™t settled for a safe version of themselves the way a lot of artists have. Ā There are people who get to a certain stage in their careers, put on the grey suits, get some endorsements and go out with a carefully tailored version of what they used to do really well. Thereā€™s no chance of failure, thereā€™s no chance of success, itā€™s just sad.ā€

• Like 2

Does anyone know what happened to the longtime crew members Eddy, Arturo (Security), Kevin Lemoine (Sound?) and bass technican Eden Galindo?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Reading an old NME interview with Elvis Costello from 1995 and he describes something that unfortunately makes me think of Green Day as they are on this tour. Ā He starts by referring to artists he knows that put on a different show every night and are always trying new things with their shows (like EC himself still does):

ā€(They) are people Iā€™m very encouraged by, they still make a huge effort. You know what it is? They havenā€™t settled for a safe version of themselves the way a lot of artists have. Ā There are people who get to a certain stage in their careers, put on the grey suits, get some endorsements and go out with a carefully tailored version of what they used to do really well. Thereā€™s no chance of failure, thereā€™s no chance of success, itā€™s just sad.ā€

But to be fair, with all these synced and choreographedĀ lighshows, visuals andĀ pyros and stuff, itā€˜s much more difficult to play different songs at every show

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, Tomcat20 said:

Does anyone know what happened to the longtime crew members Eddy, Arturo (Security), Kevin Lemoine (Sound?) and bass technican Eden Galindo?

I'm kind of assuming they aren't there because it's Hella Mega and Crush probably set up security for the whole thing? I don't know for sure thoughĀ 

• Thanks 2

On 5/31/2022 at 2:11 PM, Little Boy Named Booze said:

Thanks! I'm gonna upload the full thing on Youtube this saturday :DĀ 

Sorry guys I can't record and upload the showĀ :(Can someone record this? With my girlfriend having contractions since this morning she will probably be giving birth soon.

• Like 3
  • Surprised 1

1 hour ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

Sorry guys I can't record and upload the showĀ :(Can someone record this? With my girlfriend having contractions since this morning she will probably be giving birth soon.

Completely off topic but damn!!! Congratulations, man! Best of luck to both of you!

Edited by dreamykatie
  • Love 1

On 5/31/2022 at 2:10 PM, GuitarPunk94 said:

hey guys, if you want to watch GDs show at german Rock am Ring festival you can do so here:

https://www.tvnow.de/live-tv/events

i dont know if you need to register first or if anyone can watch it without registration (but its completely free)

GD starts friday ~22.30 german time :)

Just tried to get on to watch Weezer but the livestream is blocked in the USĀ Ā šŸ˜¢Ā  Guess it might only work for people with a region blocker

2 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Just tried to get on to watch Weezer but the livestream is blocked in the USĀ Ā šŸ˜¢Ā  Guess it might only work for people with a region blocker

I was able to watch from Japan using the free chrome extension VPN.

Once streaming started, I could turn off the VPN.

Sorry for the delayĀ šŸ˜„

2 minutes ago, mao said:

I was able to watch from Japan using the free chrome extension VPN.

Once streaming started, I could turn off the VPN.

Sorry for the delayĀ šŸ˜„

Yeah I canā€™t useĀ a VPN I could get banned from my remote work for using one. Donā€™t want to take a chance I could get caught by an algorithm at the wrong time.

• Sad 1

From what I can gather it says it can only be viewed in Germany?Ā 

Weezer aren't playing any Van Weezer songs either?

Man, setlist.fm has me feeling some kind of way.Ā  Ā Like all musicians are dirty rotten bastards.Ā  Ā šŸ˜„Ā 

If I were in a band, and I might just be in The Network....I'd play songs from every album.

But almost every popular act is just taking their 2 or 3 biggest albums and milking the snot crowd from them.

Tis the way of the earthlings, I guess.Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

The moment when you are at front row in Copenhagen and you receive an email saying your flight for tomorrow is delayed from 9 am to 16 pm but you basically don't give a shit because you are at front row