Hella Mega Tour with Weezer, Fall Out Boy

Sanity Loan

22 hours ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

giphy.gifgiphy.gif

Very interesting! I always thought that the 21CB tour was much bigger than the AI tour. But obviously not 🤔

• Like 1

I’m very curious to see where they go from here. Another split tour? Or will they attempt to do this again on their own? There’s no way they don’t come back for more $$

Realistically, they have about 10 years to cash in before calling it quits/changing their show so I think they’ll want to be efficient with their touring/release schedule.

• Like 2

I feel like they would do a regular tour and not just exclusively do these atrocious package tours.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, The Grohl said:

I feel like they would do a regular tour and not just exclusively do these atrocious package tours.

I guess they should if they care about not being an exclusively legacy act. How many albums do they want to release and not play live? But maybe a regular tour but with fewer dates and stadiums? The thing is, I think they went for the package tour because they wanted to coin themselves as this legendary 90s/00s nostalgia band and it drew lots of people so maybe that's what they'll keep going for. Slowly rolling out some of the old material like the BBC sessions fits the vibe too. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Flashback said:

Very interesting! I always thought that the 21CB tour was much bigger than the AI tour. But obviously not 🤔

The tour as a whole was, it grossed 90M spread over two years while the Idiot tour grossed 68M over two years. But 2005 on the Idiot tour was the biggest individual year they've ever had for attendance and gross.

5 hours ago, The Grohl said:

I'd prefer that as well but it doesn't sound like that's what Billie wants: "We want to keep playing stadiums, Green Day is a stadium band.”

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Wow, I got to see this tour at the ballpark of the 2021 World Series winners! Pretty cool!

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone have any inside info on whether Green Day will add more shows (solo or hella mega) for next year?

Potentially for countries they missed/ cancelled due to COVID? Australia in particular 😈

The first European dates for the tour is at the end of May and the first hella mega shows are mid June. Is a tour abroad going to happen at all? I'm just unsure what to expect for next year, it seems like it's changing day by day. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Beathe. said:

The first European dates for the tour is at the end of May and the first hella mega shows are mid June. Is a tour abroad going to happen at all? I'm just unsure what to expect for next year, it seems like it's changing day by day. 

Hopefully we'll know more in the new year once the scientists have had a chance to weigh up this new variant? I think it's anyone's guess at the minute... 

57 minutes ago, Rumpelstiltskin2000 said:

Hopefully we'll know more in the new year once the scientists have had a chance to weigh up this new variant? I think it's anyone's guess at the minute... 

One report I saw said that Onmicon wasn’t making very people ill and I think we are going to have adapt to this sort of thing for a while.

• Like 1

in germany we already cancel our big carnival events in february/march

i think big summer events (in germany) could take place with our "2G" rules (only vaccinated and recovered people allowed, maybe they even need a negative covid test)

or they get completely cancelled ☹️

(atm we have a 7-day incidence rate per 100,000 of 452,3 and only 68,43% fully vaccinated)

• Sad 2

3 hours ago, jengd said:

One report I saw said that Onmicon wasn’t making very people ill and I think we are going to have adapt to this sort of thing for a while.

Yeah, it's sadly here to stay, like the flu. Just gotta hope the vaccine continues to be effective against the new strains.

Latest info.:

https://www.who.int/news/item/28-11-2021-update-on-omicron

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, jengd said:

I saw that. Fingers crossed 🤞 

• Like 2

On 11/29/2021 at 4:19 PM, Rumpelstiltskin2000 said:

Mhm. I hope that we won't keep getting worse and worse mutations.

22 hours ago, GuitarPunk94 said:

i think big summer events (in germany) could take place with our "2G" rules (only vaccinated and recovered people allowed, maybe they even need a negative covid test)

(atm we have a 7-day incidence rate per 100,000 of 452,3 and only 68,43% fully vaccinated)

:(

Nothing has been cancelled so far here. But there's quarantine rules, and if it keeps going like this, events might be limited to a certian amount of people. If that's still the case, it will be difficult to tour. Every country has its own rules and regulations. I feel like May/June is too close, but I hope it works out. 

• Like 2

On 11/29/2021 at 9:12 AM, Beathe. said:

They should make it to the UK, the governments shitting themselves way less than in the EU.

On 11/29/2021 at 6:30 PM, GuitarPunk94 said:

That's mad. You guys aren't getting big events ever unless policy changes.

• Like 3