Hella Mega Tour with Weezer, Fall Out Boy

Sanity Loan

19 hours ago, Slave To The Network said:

Holy shit I can't believe my show is on Monday! 

Any tips on sneaking a camera in? I'm planning to cover it in my bag with a sweater (which I will need anyway because it will get cooler in the evening) and putting the rest of my innocuous stuff on top of that. To they physically search through bags anymore or just have you open it and look peak inside? I'm assuming it's different based on venue. Obviously I'm not a professional photographer and won't be using these for anything other than personal stuff, so I don't feel bad about it.

They searched mine pretty thoroughly in NY.  Even made me take my jacket out so they could. have a better look.

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, Beerjeezus said:

I bet the next tour is going to be a different rehash of the biggest hits thing

Probably a pretty good chance. 

Are encores a thing of the past?   I get Hella Mega trying to keep things moving with four bands playing, but I'm noticing this on a lot of other concerts as well.   The band just stops playing and done.   Doesn't matter how hard or loud the crowd cheers, no encore.     

Anyway, I went to my first concert in ages last night.   IV and the Strange Band, and it was amazing.    Almost made up for me missing Hella Mega Tour.   

Of course, every part of life has a Green Day reference, and these guys played Hybrid Moments, as Green Day have covered in the past.   OH BABY it was good!   Also a lot of love for punk rock, despite this being a Banjo Tour.     Now, I've got to research this a bit, because I was not aware that this type of music fan existed, but apparently it's a thing.   The people in the crowd were a very specific type of fan, it's hard to describe, but they are like a fusion of a heavy metal and country fans.    With a drop of stoner-metal and a smidge of punk rock.    Very strange, but cool sub-set of music fan.  

Despite all the banjos, this show got me into The Melvin and Butthole Surfers, as one of the opening acts was a guy from those bands.   WOW.  

Anyway, it seems I'm always Missing Green Day when They Come Around, but hopefully after September Ends, I'll see them from my window.  

5 hours ago, Vintage Disciple said:

They searched mine pretty thoroughly in NY.  Even made me take my jacket out so they could. have a better look.

Oh, well I'm still going to try.

• Like 1

240914167_2747495952207285_2045072370414

https://www.instagram.com/p/CTX_cnBPtWC/

240891134_2747496798873867_8151751790360

240931519_2747496692207211_5483507157866

briankeithdiaz

GET TO KNOW YOUR HELLA MEGA ROADIES: I didn't really keep up with this series like I had planned on 🤷🏽‍♂️ Anyway, this is Patrick Lachman and Moose, guitar techs for Rivers and Brian of @weezer. If you really want to get Lachman going sing him some Michael McDonald. Get Moose an ice cold Coors Light and you've got yourself a pal! Both are stellar techs and upstanding gentleman. Glad to have met these fellas on this tour and hope to see them around again!

https://www.instagram.com/p/CTc1EdJBo7Y/

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, jengd said:

I cannot believe this leg of the tour is over already!  I know we have the Global Citizen performance to look forward to but I suspect Billie will disappear from view again for goodness knows how long! 

When he’s in “hiding” he’s usually coming up with something wild and amazing and teases on Instagram. I can’t wait. Jeez I grasp at straws (as most crazy GD fans do but sometimes we’re right).

• Like 3

20 hours ago, That Dude said:

Anyway, I went to my first concert in ages last night.   IV and the Strange Band, and it was amazing.    Almost made up for me missing Hella Mega Tour.   

Of course, every part of life has a Green Day reference, and these guys played Hybrid Moments, as Green Day have covered in the past.   OH BABY it was good!   Also a lot of love for punk rock, despite this being a Banjo Tour.     Now, I've got to research this a bit, because I was not aware that this type of music fan existed, but apparently it's a thing.   The people in the crowd were a very specific type of fan, it's hard to describe, but they are like a fusion of a heavy metal and country fans.    With a drop of stoner-metal and a smidge of punk rock.    Very strange, but cool sub-set of music fan. 

What a cool coincidence lol, I also just caught IV and the Strange Band last night in my city (Huntington, WV). I unfortunately never got the chance to see Hank 3 (he's not touring currently, and hasn't been for several years), but IV has a super promising career and seems to have inherited a lot of Hank 3's fan base. You're right about the people being a very specific type of fan, there was a guy at the show I went to wearing a Motörhead shirt with bib overalls hahaha

• Like 1

10 hours ago, jengd said:

I cannot believe this leg of the tour is over already!  I know we have the Global Citizen performance to look forward to but I suspect Billie will disappear from view again for goodness knows how long! 

We also have Life Is Beatiful on the 18th and there's a chance that borgo shows will be broadcast

1 minute ago, Rumpelstiltskin2000 said:

I'll probably be a lot more quiet! Giving my poor disabled hands a rest from checking my phone multiple times a night to update the threads!! :lol:

Thank you for all the updating! You've given us lots of great content!

56 minutes ago, Rumpelstiltskin2000 said:

I'll probably be a lot more quiet! Giving my poor disabled hands a rest from checking my phone multiple times a night to update the threads!! :lol:

I've really enjoyed the past month.
Thank you so much.

Thanks again to @desertrose and everyone else.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

27 minutes ago, mao said:

I've really enjoyed the past month.
Thank you so much.

Thanks again to @desertrose and everyone else.

Me too and thank you too. 

I'm going to sound pathetic now but I was almost in tears last night after the show ended because I miss seeing Green Day live so much but I can't complain because I've been lucky to see them when I'm have

• Like 1
  • Love 2