Hella Mega Tour with Weezer, Fall Out Boy

Sanity Loan

4 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

Sort of, I guess?:banana:

(i didn’t change my mind but some of you are going to these shows so that’s cool!)

Same.
I still love this tour but can't go. So I'm really happy for those who will be there!!

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

Same.
I still love this tour but can't go. So I'm really happy for those who will be there!!

Yes, my show is exactly a year from today, but it’s really exciting to think that  someone is actually seeing green day weeks from now. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

Same.

I'm very bummed I can't make it to the Chicago date (refunded my tickets last year at the postponement). BUT I'm hopeful that I'll get to see GD and the Interrupters again in the near future.

• Like 2

Are there any states actually requiring proof of vaccination? Ohio’s 100% back to normal now. It’s crazy. It’s like the virus doesn’t even exist. 

Not that I'm aware of. Nebraska has the US Olympic Swim trials AND the College World Series going on in Omaha and there's no requirement for vaccination. There is a booth/area at the CWS providing 1st round shots of Pfizer.

Restrictions: The swim trials is limited to 50% capacity in the CHI center and requiring masks (when not eating/drinking), while the CWS is full capacity, no restrictions (masking and distancing).

Also of note: both of these events are taking place across the street from each other this week. CWS starts tomorrow (19th), Swim trials end on the 20th (Sunday).

There are concerts currently being promoted in the Omaha & Lincoln areas at full cap starting next month. Garth Brooks sold out Memorial Stadium (Lincoln/UNL) in less than 20 min when ticket went live last month.

@AlissaGoesRAWR

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Beerjeezus said:

Yes, that’s because I’m evil.

You certainly make me believe that sometimes LOL. I feel like all you wanted to do was one-up me and then got an attitude when I proved you wrong. You're better than that.

Look, no one should hate this vaccine more than me, as it almost killed my father. He got very ill after both shots but thought it was just normal side effects, and when he finally went to the doctor nearly two months later they discovered he had developed AFIB, and then a couple weeks later an ultrasound revealed that the AFIB had led to heart failure. Last week he spent four days in the hospital and ultimately had his heart shocked back into rhythm but he still needs meds and continuing care. Correlation does not equal causation, but he had no health problems other than high blood pressure that was controlled with minimal medication before this, and the illness came on rapidly after vaccination. It now seems to perfectly match some of the heart effects that were seen in younger people. Seeing his illness made me consider not getting vaxxed, but I ultimately decided it was the right thing to do. I had to put my feelings aside and look at the facts. So I just wanted to share the facts here. We didn't eradicate diseases like small pox and polio and measles (which sadly is coming back due to lack of vaccinations) because vaccines only make people less sick and don't stop spread.

TLDR for everyone: Does the vaccine prevent infection and spread of COVID-19? Yes. Does it prevent 100% of infections and spread? No. Will there be breakthrough infections? Yes, but they should be milder than without the vaccine. Should we be worried about variants? So far the vaccine seems to work against them, but we will have to keep monitoring this, especially as new variants develop. Some people probably shouldn't get vaccinated, but the vaccine works well for most people. All these things can be true simultaneously.

I am done now. Thanks for coming to my TED talk. :) 

1 hour ago, AlissaGoesRAWR said:

Are there any states actually requiring proof of vaccination? Ohio’s 100% back to normal now. It’s crazy. It’s like the virus doesn’t even exist. 

I do not believe states are, certainly not mine. Most seem to have fully lifted restrictions. Things may differ on a municipal level or even by specific event venues though. It's complicated.

To me in the UK it still seems crazy these shows are going ahead! We have the Delta variant here and a couple of weeks ago 25% of covid deaths were people who were double vaxxed :(

• Sad 4

OK, TED talk epilogue just to cite a source for when I said the vaccine stops the virus from replicating in the body. You can read more about how it does that here: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/different-vaccines/mrna.html Basically, the vaccine causes your body to make the covid virus's spike protein, which then causes the body's immune system to make an antibody for that protein, then when the covid virus enter your body, the antibody binds to it so it can't enter your cells and replicate, then it can't spread, and then it ultimately dies. Note that the article says this "protects us from getting infected" and will "protect against furture infection."

This is just really important to me, K? It should be important to everyone too after all we have been through.

41 minutes ago, Rumpelstiltskin2000 said:

To me in the UK it still seems crazy these shows are going ahead! We have the Delta variant here and a couple of weeks ago 25% of covid deaths were people who were double vaxxed :(

I am very sorry to hear this. I know it is pretty bad outside the U.S. I would not be surprised if booster or different vaccines variants are needed to combat the variants, kinda like with flu shots. When I was talking about flu shots earlier, I neglected to mention that what reduces their effectiveness is that the flu virus mutates every year and vaccine developers have to guess what strains will be dominant when making the shots, and they don't always guess correctly. I would not be surprised if the same thing happens with covid and we need yearly covid shots like flu shots. 

Anyway, I am way off topic and mods are free to yell at me LOL. To bring this back on track, what are people most hoping to hear Green Day preform on this tour?

2 hours ago, BillieMyLove said:

Anyway, I am way off topic and mods are free to yell at me LOL.

Consider yourself yelled at… please, stay on topic. Nothing is inaccurate about saying the vaccine lessens symptoms if you contract COVID-19 while being vaccinated and discussing that is really not the point of this thread. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

They should have the real concert, but also let people stream it.   

I don't have to drive, and Green Day's golden pockets in their golden pants gets stuff with even more money.    

Then they can crawl away.  

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, That Dude said:

They should have the real concert, but also let people stream it.   

I don't have to drive, and Green Day's golden pockets in their golden pants gets stuff with even more money.    

Then they can crawl away.  

Nah. I'd rather be there in person. The experience can't be matched.

• Like 2

Not hyped to see the other bands, but certainly hyped for Green Day.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Rumpelstiltskin2000 said:

do you know the vaccine they got (astrazenica? moderna? etc)

/sry for offtopic

• Like 1

11 hours ago, AlissaGoesRAWR said:

Consider yourself yelled at… please, stay on topic. Nothing is inaccurate about saying the vaccine lessens symptoms if you contract COVID-19 while being vaccinated and discussing that is really not the point of this thread. 

Saying it does not prevent infection or spread is inaccurate though (which is how this got started), since most of the time it does. These two things can be both be true, that was my point. Still, thanks for yelling at me. Probably should have moved this to the coronavirus thread. :) 

15 hours ago, Rumpelstiltskin2000 said:

It really is like another world here... I went to a minor league baseball game on Thursday and it was full capacity, with no masks in sight. It's like there's nothing going on. You can't put the genie back in the bottle anymore. If we do run into any problems it's going to be really, really hard to do anything about it. But I'm not surprised at all that concerts are happening now. It would be awkward to have sports and everything else resuming and have that be the last holdout. (Though honestly it's kind of felt like that for the entire pandemic -- sports were so highly emphasized and resumed in some form almost immediately, while us concert-going folks were basically told to fuck off.)

• Like 1

So a few weeks ago I mentioned test events in the UK to see how live events can return and thought I should follow up that post. The people who attended these events had to provide a negative test to enter and needed a follow up test after the event. There were just 15 positive tests from the nearly 60,000 people who attended (https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-just-15-people-test-positive-among-nearly-60-000-who-attended-trial-mass-gatherings-figures-show-12312532). They're now in the process of allowing 10,000 people, with negative tests, to attend Download Festival in a mosh pit without masks (https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/music/news/download-festival-2021-pictures-pilot-b1868989.html). Also, attendance to the Euro 2020 games at Wembley is with a negative test. 

If Weezer are doing a 60 minute set (I thought they'd do either 45 minutes or 60 minutes), then FOB will probably do 75 or 90 minutes. I'm hoping GD will do a prank during a Weezer or a FOB set, the one they did at the O2 in London when the Interrupters were playing was hilarious. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Rivers did a TikTok livestream last night and said they are playing a sixty minute set full of classic hits. So that confirms their set length.  Also they will definitely play El Scorcho and are thinking they might highlight the Green Day line somehow for a reaction.

Green Day should play El Scorco.

Weezer could do This Ain't a Scene 

Fall Out Boy could do Jesus of Suburbia.

14 hours ago, GuitarPunk94 said:

do you know the vaccine they got (astrazenica? moderna? etc)

/sry for offtopic

The article didn't say (The Guardian) but we have given a lot of people Astrazeneca in the UK 

There was another article in the Guardian yesterday saying that people who have had Astrazeneca won't be allowed into Broadway shows because it hasn't received approval in the US 

(Edit - since me writing this  New York State has reversed it's decision on this) 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Rumpelstiltskin2000 said:

The article didn't say (The Guardian) but we have given a lot of people Astrazeneca in the UK 

There was another article in the Guardian yesterday saying that people who have had Astrazeneca won't be allowed into Broadway shows because it hasn't received approval in the US 

I don’t think AZ is nearly as effective against the variants as two shots of the Pfizer and Moderna are. Here they are finding those shots are working very well, it’s just a matter of enough people getting them.

1 hour ago, That Dude said:

Green Day should play El Scorco.

Weezer could do This Ain't a Scene 

Fall Out Boy could do Jesus of Suburbia.

God no that would be awful.

10 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

I don’t think AZ is nearly as effective against the variants as two shots of the Pfizer and Moderna are. Here they are finding those shots are working very well, it’s just a matter of enough people getting them.

Dont have figures to hand but we are having really good results with AZ, very highly effective.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

True

6 hours ago, jengd said:

God no that would be awful.

Dont have figures to hand but we are having really good results with AZ, very highly effective.

Only 60% effective against Delta variant though against Pfizer at 88%

I'm actually beginning to wonder if when travel does open up from the UK to the US people who have had Astrazeneca will be excluded 

On timeframes, we’re taking 30 for opening act

hour Weezer and FOB

1.30 green day?

and that’s if transitions can all be done inside half hour 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Rumpelstiltskin2000 said:

True

Only 60% effective against Delta variant though against Pfizer at 88%

I'm actually beginning to wonder if when travel does open up from the UK to the US people who have had Astrazeneca will be excluded

But massively reduced level of illness!

• Like 2