Hella Mega Tour with Weezer, Fall Out Boy

Sanity Loan

Originally there weren’t meet and greets  planned for this tour, so be careful, this might be a scam. If it’s not, well, Green Day gets worse and worse so this fits.

• Sad 1

Yes, not real. All the tickets and shows made it very clear that there would be no meet and greets with any of the bands this tour.

• Like 3

FYI for California concerts:

In California Can I Go to a Concert, Fair or Convention After June 15? Here Are the Rules For ‘Mega Events'

https://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/california/can-i-go-to-a-concert-fair-or-convention-after-june-15-here-are-the-rules-for-mega-events/2567958/?_osource=SocialFlowFB_BAYBrand&fbclid=IwAR1nmGrqfN_yMY8a9oRYScLj5PQoxwSJ_lTDQ9Fcs9VKhgG-0AIDSR4FwAg

While these types of events are still allowed to move forward with reopening on June 15, mega events must follow certain protocols. Here's what to know:

What is required to attend a mega event?

There are two types of mega events: indoor events, like conventions, conferences, sporting events and concerts; and outdoor events, like music or food festivals, car shows, parades, outdoor concerts and more.

It is required that all attendees at indoor mega events show proof they are fully vaccinated or must have a negative COVID-19 test. It is up to the event to make those requirements clear to attendees.

It is only strongly recommended that outdoor mega events do the same. It will be up to event organizers to decide whether or not they will instill the requirement.

In addition, attendees at both indoor and outdoor events must wear face coverings based on current CDPH standards, which makes recommendations based on vaccination status. For those fully vaccinated, you can take off that face mask. For those who are not, a face covering is required.

What do I need to prove I can attend a mega event?

Attendees can either use their vaccination status or a negative COVID-19 test to get into a mega event.

If using negative COVID-19 test:
For those who are not vaccinated, proof of a negative COVID-19 test is required within 72 hours before the event start time. The results must be available before you are able to enter the venue.

How long will these mega event protocols be in place?

These protocols are effective from June 15, 2021, to October 1, 2021.

• Thanks 1

I don't know if this question has been posted yet but, do you think they will continue to bring people on stage? That part is full joy :)  

On 6/6/2021 at 4:39 AM, Beerjeezus said:

Originally there weren’t meet and greets  planned for this tour, so be careful, this might be a scam. If it’s not, well, Green Day gets worse and worse so this fits.

I mean, the whole wording of the article just sounds very scammy.

On 6/11/2021 at 7:48 PM, desertrose said:

Good to know, but I think a lot of restrictions may be lifted further even by the time the concerts get here. Yesterday my state lifted all pandemic restrictions because we hit 80% vaccination rate, and today next door in New York all restrictions were lifted because they hit 70%. Obviously individual events can set their own policies, but state-level stuff is going away. 

1 hour ago, RedundantIdiot said:

HM tour mentioned here: 

On the Road Again: Tour Crews Are Hopeful But Wary as Concerts Return

https://www.rollingstone.com/pro/features/road-crew-concerts-return-1184463/

Relevant parts:

Morgan takes comfort in the fact that he won’t be working in packed clubs (“a sweaty mess, and that’s the ultimate transmission medium for Covid”). For his part, Coble feels the same about the Hella Mega tour — which is playing outdoor stadiums, as it was initially planned before the lockdown. As Coble says, “The science tells me that outdoors is safe.”

According to Coble, the Hella Mega tour will have its own safety protocols: Everyone on the tour, from bands to roadies to bus drivers, will be required to have been vaccinated, creating what Coble calls “an invisible fence” around the touring party. He says they’ll also be testing crew members “when needed” and will have protocols for backstage guests, whether showing a vaccination card or being tested. A Covid compliance office will also be traveling with the tour, keeping organizers up to date on each state’s rules and regulations. Everybody on the tour will have to sign a “code of conduct” agreeing to adhere to those rules. Coble says he had to let go “a handful” of crew members who refused to get vaccinated.

But like others interviewed for this story, Coble isn’t worried about his own team as much as variables out of their control. That list includes local crews — the freelance workers who help the touring posse load in gear, run cables, set up stages, and other back-breaking work at each stop. Many in the industry wonder how many of those workers, who typically had other day jobs and only took on stage work as a part-time job, have left the business in the past year. “I’m over the anxiety of Covid,” says Weldon. “My anxieties would be: Are they going to be a skilled labor force, like the people we’re used to seeing, or will there be hired hands who could make things more difficult and take a lot longer?”

The question of whether those part-time employees will be vaccinated hangs in the air, as well. “That is actually a big issue,” Coble says. “We’re all vaccinated.  But we don’t know the locals. We’re concerned they won’t all be vaccinated and we won’t be able to have that mandated.”

And whether it stems from unvaccinated fans or local hired hands, Coble and Morgan also fret over the potential for outbreaks inside or outside of venues, forcing cancelations. “I’m more worried about unvaccinated people contaminating each other and ending the tour,” Morgan says. “If all of a sudden we see a huge spike in cases and they can isolate it to this particular venue, this particular city, everyone who was there — it turns into a cluster.” Coble admits that those fears also “keep you up at night sometimes.”

As that hard-rock crew member says, “It’s all about who’s going to go out first and how far can they go.”

But for the moment, crew people are focused on the specific parts of their job they can and can’t do — and that includes every type of interaction with people in those venues. “One of the most difficult things I’ve discussed with Billie Joe Armstrong is that we don’t think he can stage-dive on this tour,” Coble says. “But we’ll see. It’s a fluid situation.”

No stage diving, so I wonder about fans onstage? Also Mike’s wife has been posting a lot of anti-vaxx conspiracy crazy shit over the last few months. So she either has to get over it and be vaccinated or stay home I assume.

Foo Fighters just played to an all vaxxed crowd. Ngl even though it’s outside and I’m comfortable going I’d still be more confident we’d avoid a local outbreak if we required it for this tour.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

I assume this means no fans on stage. Billie typically doesn’t stage dive very often during Green Day shows so that wouldn’t be a big issue, but bringing fans up would.

I’m a little curious if Britt joins the tour. Some of the things she said and did on IG were in an extremely bad taste and it seemed she’s die-hard on the issue.

Requiring a proof of vaccination for big events would be a good idea actually. It’s not going to be a good look for green day if we end up with a new hella mega strain of covid.

Yes, a Hella Mega Strain would be bad branding 😂

• Haha 3

14 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

No stage diving, so I wonder about fans onstage? Also Mike’s wife has been posting a lot of anti-vaxx conspiracy crazy shit over the last few months. So she either has to get over it and be vaccinated or stay home I assume.

Foo Fighters just played to an all vaxxed crowd. Ngl even though it’s outside and I’m comfortable going I’d still be more confident we’d avoid a local outbreak if we required it for this tour.

I have to admit, I stopped following her on Instagram because she posts a lot of Karen-y stuff and I just got sick of it. Never payed enough attention to notice that any of it was anti-vax, but that's worrisome to find out. 😬  Obviously Mike will be or has been vaccinated and seems like a more reasonable person, but still. Too bad she's like that.

I was wondering about fans on stage too. Billie doesn't really stage dive unless it's a smaller club show or something, so I'm wondering if that's what they meant. That would be a hard topic to discuss. That's one of the most sacred traditions of Green Day and Billie must be so heartbroken at the likelihood of being unable to do it.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, AlissaGoesRAWR said:

I mean what's the difference if he brings somebody up on stage for 30 seconds if we're literally screaming at him and each other, shoulder-to-shoulder in a pit for 3 hours, and he's screaming into a microphone and spitting in front of us for 3 hours? I thought we were past the point of thinking hugs spread COVID. You're cramming hundreds, maybe thousands of people in a pit. It's not worth being self righteous about reducing COVID spread anymore. :lol: 

I totally agree. I think it is very doable. I am already fully vaxxed and unfortunately not going to these shows, but if I were going to a show, let me tell you that being able to safely be exposed to Billie's bodily fluids would give me double motivation for vaccination. 🤣

1 hour ago, AlissaGoesRAWR said:

I mean what's the difference if he brings somebody up on stage for 30 seconds if we're literally screaming at him and each other, shoulder-to-shoulder in a pit for 3 hours, and he's screaming into a microphone and spitting in front of us for 3 hours? I thought we were past the point of thinking hugs spread COVID. You're cramming hundreds, maybe thousands of people in a pit. It's not worth being self righteous about reducing COVID spread anymore. :lol: 

I think the only reason is that they’re trying to avoid headlines like: “Green Day fan distraught: “Billie Joe Armstrong gave me Covid”

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

I think the only reason is that they’re trying to avoid headlines like: “Green Day fan distraught: “Billie Joe Armstrong gave me Covid”

Somehow I think I would feel very honored if Billie gave me covid. 🤣

(Also, on a serious note, I thought the deal was that attendees had to show proof of vaccination. So if everyone is vaccinated this should be a minimal concern. And I am sure Billie himself will be vaxxed for this if he isn't already, so he wouldn't be giving it to anyone.)

47 minutes ago, BillieMyLove said:

Somehow I think I would feel very honored if Billie gave me covid. 🤣

(Also, on a serious note, I thought the deal was that attendees had to show proof of vaccination. So if everyone is vaccinated this should be a minimal concern. And I am sure Billie himself will be vaxxed for this if he isn't already, so he wouldn't be giving it to anyone.)

With the experience of getting covid from an old dude at a concert under my belt, I wouldn’t. :P

Obviously the other concern probably is that if anyone in the band got covid, shows would be getting cancelled again.

3 hours ago, Squashie said:

Since the tickets were sold pre-covid (and not automatically refunded last year at postponement), how do you require vaccination of every attendee? A negative COVID test within so many days or an on site is probably what will happen. But it sounds like the tour is going to be going to be doing whatever state/local regulations are at the time of event based on that RS article yesterday.

And not be the sour puss, but getting vaxxed doesn't make you not get/spread covid. It lessens your symptoms if you contract it. Same as the flu shot.

I understand where you are coming from here, but that was what I was saying: I thought people were saying here that a lot of places were requiring vaccination for large events. Most places have dropped covid restrictions on a statewide basis, but some localities still have restrictions, and some types of situations are still subject to certain guidelines. 

I hate to say this, but you are WAY off the mark on the science of vaccination. The vaccine creates an immune response so that if the covid virus enters your body, your immune system can kill it before it infects you or you spread it to someone else. Basically it stops the virus from being able to replicate in the body, which prevents infection and spread. I don't have time to go look this all up for you, but I would recommend starting with the CDC website. If all the vaccine did was make people less sick, covid cases would not be plummeting when everything has reopened, since people would still be getting it but they just wouldn't be as sick. Why do you think doctors keep telling people to get vaxxed not just for themselves, but for other people? That's so you don't spread it. I know there was some question when the vaccine came out whether it would stop spread, but now the science has settled that it does. I think you are working with outdated information. Now, there are situations where you can get infected after getting vaccinated since the shot is not 100% effective (it's like 90 something percent effective after two shots), and in those cases the infections tend to be much milder than without the shot. But overall, the goal of the vaccine is to prevent infection and spread. That's why we are trying to get to that "herd immunity" thing. 

Same is basically true with the flu shot, except the flu shot tends to be a lot less effective and there is much more breakthrough infection, and in that case yes infections tend to be milder.

21 minutes ago, BillieMyLove said:

I understand where you are coming from here, but that was what I was saying: I thought people were saying here that a lot of places were requiring vaccination for large events. Most places have dropped covid restrictions on a statewide basis, but some localities still have restrictions, and some types of situations are still subject to certain guidelines. 

I hate to say this, but you are WAY off the mark on the science of vaccination. The vaccine creates an immune response so that if the covid virus enters your body, your immune system can kill it before it infects you or you spread it to someone else. Basically it stops the virus from being able to replicate in the body, which is what is needed to prevent infection and spread. I don't have time to go look this all up for you, but I would recommend starting with the CDC website. If all the vaccine did was make people less sick, covid cases would not be plummeting when everything has reopened, since people would still be getting it but they just wouldn't be as sick. Why do you think doctor's keep telling people to get vaxxed not just for themselves, but for other people? That's so you don't spread it. I know there was some question when the vaccine came out whether it would stop spread, but now the science has settled that it does. I think you are working with outdated information. Now, there are situations where you can get infected after getting vaccinated since the shot is not 100% effective (it's like 90 something percent effective after two shots), and in those cases the infections tend to be much milder than without the shot. But overall, the goal of the vaccine is to prevent infection and spread. That's why we are trying to get to that "herd immunity" thing. 

I looked at the CDC website for you to make sure we don’t spread any false information on here :P

558783bc8076719e66eba18a16af21055b90368d

Just now, Beerjeezus said:

I looked at the CDC website for you to make sure we don’t spread any false information on here :P

558783bc8076719e66eba18a16af21055b90368d

Yes, I did in fact just read that. All of that is true. You left out some parts of it though. You can read more of it here: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/effectiveness.html

I mean, it says right in what you posted that it prevents disease. And in what I just posted, it talks about how no vaccine is 100% effective, but if the infection breaks through it will most likely be much less severe. I am trying to find where it talks about spread but haven't found it yet. I know the CDC director and Fauci have been on TV often saying it greatly reduces transmission. Like I said, the infection rate would not have dropped so dramatically if people were still catching and spreading it after vaccination. Also those same people said it greatly reduces asymptomatic infection. So the point is it is stopping infection. Yes, trying to stop false info is exactly what I am trying to do here. ;) 

UPDATE: Just found where it says it reduces asymptomatic infection and spread: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/effectiveness/work.html

2 minutes ago, BillieMyLove said:

Yes, I did in fact just read that. All of that is true. You left out some parts of it though. You can read more of it here: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/effectiveness.html

I mean, it says right in what you posted that it prevents disease. And in what I just posted, it talks about how no vaccine is 100% effective, but if the infection breaks through it will most likely be much less severe. I am trying to find where it talks about spread but haven't found it yet. I know the CDC director and Fauci have been on TV often saying it greatly reduces transmission. Like I said, the infection rate would not have dropped so dramatically if people were still catching and spreading it after vaccination. Also those same people said it greatly reduces asymptomatic infection. So the point is it is stopping infection. Yes, trying to stop false info is exactly what I am trying to do here. ;) 

No sorry I don’t have time for this. :rolleyes:

Just now, Beerjeezus said:

No sorry I don’t have time for this. :rolleyes:

You deliberately didn't quote the part where I shared the link where it says it stops asymptomatic infection and spread. But fine, keep believing what you want to believe. So much for wanting to stop misinformation I guess. I love how people love to quote science until it stops saying what they want it to. 💁‍♀️

8 minutes ago, BillieMyLove said:

You deliberately didn't quote the part where I shared the link where it says it stops asymptomatic infection and spread. But fine, keep believing what you want to believe. So much for wanting to stop misinformation I guess. I love how people love to quote science until it stops saying what they want it to. 💁‍♀️

Yes, that’s because I’m evil.

5 minutes ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

So are you hyped for Hella Mega?

Sort of, I guess?:banana:

(i didn’t change my mind but some of you are going to these shows so that’s cool!)