Hella Mega Tour with Weezer, Fall Out Boy

Sanity Loan

Even after a year of no shows....I'm still not convinced to go to Hella Mega :lol:

But I hope those going have a good time :D

Would still love to do a meet up for those going to the Chicago show!

• Like 1

On 5/24/2021 at 10:09 AM, The Grohl said:

I think you mean KYE because that's been their opening song for like ten years 😂

They opened a decent bit of the FOAMF shows we've had so far with American Idiot, and honestly I'd prefer that.

• Like 2

So this is officially the only show that I had lined up for this year that hasn't been postponed to either the fall or next year. I'm still feeling kind of nervous/skeptical... even though I don't see why anything would prohibit it from happening, when there won't be any restrictions in place.

I went to a brewery this weekend and didn't even have to wear a mask! It's like, shit's starting to feel "normal" again but I really don't believe it's real. :o

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, AlissaGoesRAWR said:

So this is officially the only show that I had lined up for this year that hasn't been postponed to either the fall or next year. I'm still feeling kind of nervous/skeptical... even though I don't see why anything would prohibit it from happening, when there won't be any restrictions in place.

I went to a brewery this weekend and didn't even have to wear a mask! It's like, shit's starting to feel "normal" again but I really don't believe it's real. :o

I feel you on that. I'm still scared of getting it. Some residual trauma we all have I suppose. I guess we'll know in a month or so if re-opening was appropriate or not.

• Like 2

Just bought a ticket for The Struts in September.  Seems like a normal GA show with no restrictions. I'm excited that shows are back and bands can tour again. Musicians and venues have been hit so hard by this it feels really good.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, AlissaGoesRAWR said:

Yeah, I'm not really scared of getting COVID though maybe I should be, because nobody actually knows how long these vaccines will last and whether we need a booster. But regardless, I totally understand people feeling scared, especially since it was drilled into our heads for so long to be fearful of everything. For stuff to suddenly just be "OK" isn't a change that'll happen overnight.

For me it's this looming anxiety that no plans I have will ever work out ever again and a dread that nothing will ever really be "normal" again. I've been told we're going to get to go back to our office at work 3 different times now and it keeps getting postponed. Concerts keep getting "rescheduled" and postponed. It's exhausting.

Yeah it's definitely made me hesitant to plan trips or travel to shows where I'm making a much bigger investment.  I'm starting with local shows I'm comfortable with that. I trust that the vaccine is that good and the dropping case numbers where I am supports that.  We'll see about boosters when the winter comes. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, AlissaGoesRAWR said:

Yeah, I'm not really scared of getting COVID though maybe I should be, because nobody actually knows how long these vaccines will last and whether we need a booster. But regardless, I totally understand people feeling scared, especially since it was drilled into our heads for so long to be fearful of everything. For stuff to suddenly just be "OK" isn't a change that'll happen overnight.

For me it's this looming anxiety that no plans I have will ever work out ever again and a dread that nothing will ever really be "normal" again. I've been told we're going to get to go back to our office at work 3 different times now and it keeps getting postponed. Concerts keep getting "rescheduled" and postponed. It's exhausting.

I know I would survive COVID, God-willing. My concern is the long term effects. Seeing world class athletes still struggling with symptoms half a year later scares me.

• Like 3

So Fenway Park is officially sold out...I didn't even know they had resissued tickets LOL....

https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=319774996181916&set=a.265882858237797

Just now, BillieMyLove said:

So Fenway Park is officially sold out...I didn't even know they had resissued tickets LOL....

https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=319774996181916&set=a.265882858237797

UPDATE: @pacejunkie punk beat me to it; I did not see her post before making mine. Just came up in my Facebook feed.

Rogers Center would have been sold out too...

Wrigley sold out? I guess that makes sense. Not only do you have people who kept their tickets, but now since shows have been gone for a year, you have more people who are likely to go to Hella Mega now. Hell, I considered it for a little bit just because I missed concerts and Green Day.

Still tickets up in the rafters showing on the MLB page for Wrigley.

Looks like I'll have to buy a way too expensive pit ticket on Stubhub.  Thank god for stimulus money. :lol:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Didn't look like Hershey was sold out to me, they were still selling tickets that I thought weren't resale lol.

2 hours ago, PursuitOfEpicness said:

Didn't look like Hershey was sold out to me, they were still selling tickets that I thought weren't resale lol.

Maybe a small number of tickets are being posted as people get their refunds? 

4 hours ago, AlissaGoesRAWR said:

Maybe a small number of tickets are being posted as people get their refunds? 

It’s possible it was just odd

9 hours ago, PursuitOfEpicness said:

It’s possible it was just odd

Could be that what’s left are limited/impaired view seats.

For the vast majority of stadium shows, most will have tickets available at or below face value on Stubhub by the day of the show. Plus the box office almost always has more available with less fees on the day of the show since final production is done with the staging. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, W Axl Rose said:

For the vast majority of stadium shows, most will have tickets available at or below face value on Stubhub by the day of the show. Plus the box office almost always has more available with less fees on the day of the show since final production is done with the staging. 

God, I hope so. The stars aligned and I will be in Chicago during the Wrigley show and even though I am going to Columbus for the Tuesday show, I don't think I can handle being in the same city and NOT going... but I do refuse to pay scalper prices, and I have had luck getting into other sold out shows from ticket drops on the day of. 

10 hours ago, DookieLukie said:

Were Fenway and Wrigley even refundable?

Wrigley was. I refunded the 4 I bought when they announced the postponement last year. 

I’m still bummed about Toronto being cancelled. It was my only chance to see them ☹️. But, as Billie said in BIAB: “Always look on the bright side of life..”

• Like 1

I was thinking about the rehearsals leading up to this tour.  Last year in Feb 2020 they did a production rehearsal in a Lancaster (Pa) studio where they ran the set with lights, audio, etc.  I wonder if they've made any changes to that setlist and if they'll need to do that again or just go with what they did last year?