Hella Mega Tour with Weezer, Fall Out Boy

Sanity Loan

9 minutes ago, AlissaGoesRAWR said:

OK GOOD I’m glad I’m not the only one who’s already reached the “shit, what am I gonna wear?!” stage! :lol: 

I’m still at the “I’m actually going to a concert in two months” stage. :lol: 

• Haha 3

23 minutes ago, Laura! said:

I’m still at the “I’m actually going to a concert in two months” stage. :lol: 

Same. It still hasn’t sunk in that I’m gonna finally get to see a live show 

California will have new guidelines for all outdoor shows as of June 15. This will affect all of our concerts here.

California’s top health official said Friday that the state no longer will require social distancing and will allow full capacity for businesses when the state reopens on June 15.

The state will still recommend that organizers of outdoor events with more than 10,000 people require that attendees provide verification that they have been vaccinated or have tested negative for the coronavirus. Those who can’t or don’t provide the verification should be encouraged to wear masks, The state will require vaccine verification or negative test results for indoor events with more than 5,000 attendees State health director Dr. Mark Ghaly said.

• Like 2

Just great to read that people are getting all hyped for the tour! You are so close seeing the guys live again! Still feels unreal. 

I have to wait another year, but you get me all hyped too with fuzzy/weird/ hyped feelings included! 😁 Can’t wait to see all the footages, set lists and everything else! 

• Like 3

Super excited for this tour to start even though there's yet another year to wait for the Europe leg! 

There are so many things that I'm wondering about right now: what will be on the setlists; how long will each band get; how will the pandemic affect the tour (not convinced fans will be brought up on stage); will there be a support act for the Europe gigs (I hope not as I want more GD); will there be any live streams; will Billie return to social media for the tour; will Kevin do both legs of the tour (please may my last 3 questions happen). 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, RedundantIdiot said:

Super excited for this tour to start even though there's yet another year to wait for the Europe leg! 

There are so many things that I'm wondering about right now: what will be on the setlists; how long will each band get; how will the pandemic affect the tour (not convinced fans will be brought up on stage); will there be a support act for the Europe gigs (I hope not as I want more GD); will there be any live streams; will Billie return to social media for the tour; will Kevin do both legs of the tour (please may my last 3 questions happen). 

So many questions! Kevin is a touring member now and he joined them in Spain so I’m sure he’ll be with them this year and next in Europe.  

Good point about the fans on stage.  They’ll save some money on free guitars I guess. Since the set is likely to be a bit shorter anyway they could drop Knowledge and maybe just not bring anyone up for KYE and Longview. I doubt they’ll drop those songs. Knowledge can go and will save a ton of time and it’s not like a hit that casual fans will miss. 

Personally I would love to see Rivers and Billie do an acoustic duet together at the end of the show.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, RedundantIdiot said:

as for set times I'd estimate something along the lines of:

5:30 doors

6:00-6:30 The Interrupters

7:00-7:45 Weezer

8:15-9:15 Fall Out Boy

9:45-11:45 Green Day

think you're right about not pulling up fans this time around too

14 minutes ago, Herroon said:

Many outdoor venues have 11:00 curfews I think GD will play from about 9:30 to 11. 

• Like 1

the revrad tour setlist had some nice cuts / surprises

as for hella mega, i expect a pretty "standard" setlist (unfortunately)

many "classics/popular" songs

i am sure they will play foam(song) and oh yeah, and maybe another song out of foam (fingers crossed for sugar youth or graffitia)

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Herroon said:

Won’t go back 11, no way no how

If they’re able to have gigs with a pit, then we’ll be at a point with the virus where it’s no longer a pressing concern so I don’t see why fans wouldn’t be back on stage.

• Like 1

On 5/21/2021 at 11:21 AM, AlissaGoesRAWR said:

OK GOOD I’m glad I’m not the only one who’s already reached the “shit, what am I gonna wear?!” stage! :lol: 

You know I can't wear anything else but that shirt now! It's become too much of a thing 😄 I am debating which pants though ... Will it be too warm for jeans? 

1 hour ago, Joe. said:

If they’re able to have gigs with a pit, then we’ll be at a point with the virus where it’s no longer a pressing concern so I don’t see why fans wouldn’t be back on stage.

I wouldn't be surprised if they don't invite people onstage, not necessarily because of covid, but honestly because it's kind of a time suck. It's a little easier to get away with when it's just them, but when you're one of three headliners, I wonder if they're going to play this show a little more straightforward. Then again, maybe they'll want to waste time. It's been a while since they've been onstage, they're older now 😄

• Like 2

gonna call it now that given the insomniac reissue that just happened and seems to be doing well, we'll probably get an insomniac deep(er) cut as part of the standard Hella Mega setlist... something like Stuck With Me or 86 or Armatage Shanks

Spoiler

setlist prediction, fuck it:

1. Know Your Enemy

2. American Idiot

3. Bang Bang

4. Father Of All...

5. Holiday

6. Boulevard of Broken Dreams

7. She

8. Brain Stew

9. Jaded

10. Nice Guys Finish Last

11. When I Come Around

12. HCTS / that other new song maybe

13. Stuck With Me (/or any other old song bone throw)

14. Basket Case

15. Oh Yeah

16. Revolution Radio

17. Longview

18. Minority

19. King For A Day

20. Forever Now

encore:

21. Jesus of Suburbia

22. september

23. good riddance

Spoiler

they'll probably tag in either another foam song or maybe even a trilogy song. i agree it'll mostly be a hits set, but am certainly hoping they'll toss us at least a few deep cuts/unusual setlist songs

• Like 1

As much as that setlist would rock, I am expecting something much lamer. :lol:

• Like 1

It probably won‘t happen but I hope they play ¿Viva la Gloria? (Little Girl), I love this song so much ❤️

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Flashback said:

It probably won‘t happen but I hope they play ¿Viva la Gloria? (Little Girl), I love this song so much ❤️

The other Viva!  What if they play them back to back?   

• Like 1

99% sure it will be the same as the Whisky A Go Go setlist with a few extra songs (Longview, Good Riddance, BOBD, etc). Remember there will be fans from two other bands who may only know a few GD songs, so they'll want to play the well known stuff.

I can't imagine them opening with anything other than AI.

For those of you that got/requested refunds for previously cancelled/postponed shows, how long did it take to get a refund from Ticketmaster? I know the notice says it could be 30 days but wondering if anyone received theirs sooner than that. I'm impatient. :lol: 

7 hours ago, Lindsay said:

For those of you that got/requested refunds for previously cancelled/postponed shows, how long did it take to get a refund from Ticketmaster? I know the notice says it could be 30 days but wondering if anyone received theirs sooner than that. I'm impatient. :lol: 

I think I had mine within 2 weeks of requesting 

• Like 2

• AlissaGoesRAWR changed the title to Hella Mega Tour with Weezer, Fall Out Boy
11 hours ago, michael1989 said:

99% sure it will be the same as the Whisky A Go Go setlist with a few extra songs (Longview, Good Riddance, BOBD, etc). Remember there will be fans from two other bands who may only know a few GD songs, so they'll want to play the well known stuff.

I can't imagine them opening with anything other than AI.

I think you mean KYE because that's been their opening song for like ten years 😂

Oh and Also Sprach Zarathustra as the intro again, would be amazing. This is so powerful while they‘re walking on stage!

• Like 3

Trying to find a decent seat less than 100 dollars... no luck 😂